|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Clay return home in Part 1?
(a) He needs money from his parents.
(b) He got kicked out of school.
(c) It's Christmas break.
(d) He got kicked out of his house.
2. At the start of Part 2, where do Clay and Trent go before attending another party with friends?
(a) To the movies.
(b) To a nightclub.
(c) To another party.
(d) To dinner.
3. What is Lene's boyfriend's name?
4. What reason does Julian give for needing to borrow money from Clay?
(a) To pay his drug dealer.
(b) To pay for an abortion for a girl he knows.
(c) To have his car repaired.
(d) He needs a new suit for a job interview.
5. What year is Clay in school?
(a) He is a sophomore.
(b) He is a junior.
(c) He is a freshman.
(d) He is a senior.
6. Where do Trent and Clay decide to go to the movies?
(a) The Beverly Center.
(c) The Chinese Theater.
(d) The Galleria.
7. Why do Kim, Blair and Clay not hang out at The Palace one night?
(a) Because The Palace doesn't have good drinks.
(b) Because Blair is drunk and Clay spots Lene hanging out in front.
(c) Because Blair forgot her fake I.D.
(d) Because Blair and Kim would rather go to the movies.
8. What matters most to Clay about having lunch with his father?
(a) His father will give him a car after lunch.
(b) He gets a chance to spend time with his father.
(c) His father will give him money.
(d) He is able to get away from his mother.
9. What does Clay remember about his last Christmas in Palm Springs?
(a) The weather was too cold to get into the beach water.
(b) The weather was so hot he could not sleep.
(c) His parents decided to get a divorce.
(d) His grandmother's death.
10. Where does Kim say her mom is while Blair and Clay are visiting?
(a) At the store buying alcohol.
(b) Palm Springs.
(d) Her bedroom.
11. Where does Clay have lunch with his father?
(a) Le Petite Canard.
(b) Century City.
(d) Chef Maurice's Grill.
12. What is the setting of the story?
(a) Chicago, IL.
(b) New York, NY.
(c) Los Angeles, CA.
(d) Seattle, WA.
13. What does Blair tell Clay about his friend Muriel?
(a) Muriel dropped out of school.
(b) Muriel is anorexic.
(c) Muriel is dead.
(d) Muriel is no longer her friend.
14. What is Lene wearing when Blair and Kim see her?
(a) She is wearing faded jeans and a revealing tee-shirt.
(b) She is wearing a tank top and a long hippie shirt.
(c) She is wearing a halter top and short shorts.
(d) She is wearing a wrap dress and high tops.
15. After Clay locates Julian at his home in Part 4, where do they go to talk?
(a) A quiet movie theater.
(b) Julian's room in the basement.
(c) A cafe in West Hollywood.
(d) A restaurant in the Galleria.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clay's father spend his time doing through most of their lunch?
2. Clay's father asks him if he wants to go where for Christmas?
3. Why did Julian have someone else call Clay to arrange their meeting?
4. What does Clay do before Rip arrives to meet him in Part 5?
5. What time does Clay wake up and leave Griffin's house?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)