|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Clay do the day after he and his sisters were in Palm Springs?
(a) He checked newspapers to confirm or deny what he thought he saw.
(b) He got high.
(c) He went back out to the scene of the accident to see what remained.
(d) He told his sisters not to tell his parents about the accident.
2. At the start of the Part 4, why do Clay and Blair go to Kim's house?
(a) To meet Daniel's girlfriend.
(b) To see Muriel.
(c) To find Clay's drug dealer.
(d) For a New Year's Eve party.
3. What does Blair tell Clay about his friend Muriel?
(a) Muriel is anorexic.
(b) Muriel is dead.
(c) Muriel is no longer her friend.
(d) Muriel dropped out of school.
4. Who does Clay try to call while he is at his mother's house?
5. What does Clay do when he wakes up at 11:00 am?
(a) He takes a hit of cocaine.
(b) He meets up with friends at a diner.
(c) He swims laps in the pool.
(d) He goes for a run in the neighborhood.
6. What is Clay's father's profession?
(a) Movie industry executive .
(b) Bank manager.
(c) Music industry executive.
(d) Public school teacher.
7. What type of movie do Blair and Kim want to see?
(a) A documentary.
(b) A light-hearted comedy.
(c) A gory film.
(d) A drama.
8. Who is at Clay's mother's house when he arrives from the airport?
(a) Clay's sister.
(b) The cleaning lady.
(c) Clay's mother.
(d) Clay's father.
9. What does Clay do when Julian does not show up for their meeting?
(a) Clay drives to Trent's house to talk.
(b) Clay goes home and shoots heroin.
(c) Clay goes to the movies.
(d) Clay drives to a bar and gets drunk.
10. Who does Clay see at Julian's pool?
(a) An unknown drunk girl.
(d) Julian's mother.
11. In part 5, why does Trent call Clay?
(a) Because Trent does not have a car and his parents will not allow him to borrow their car.
(b) Because Trent wants Clay to buy him some cocaine from Daniel.
(c) Because Trent is having a party and wants Clay to attend.
(d) Because Trent is out of cocaine and cannot find his dealer.
12. What matters most to Clay about having lunch with his father?
(a) His father will give him a car after lunch.
(b) He is able to get away from his mother.
(c) His father will give him money.
(d) He gets a chance to spend time with his father.
13. What types of comments make Clay perk up at his psychiatrist visit?
(a) Any drunk driving related comments.
(b) Any drug related comments.
(c) Any sexually related comments.
(d) All the doctor's comments.
14. Where do Blair and Clay end up after Daniel's party?
(a) In the valley.
(b) The beach.
(c) Blair's house.
(d) Clay's mother's house.
15. Where does Clay's grandfather spend Christmas Eve?
(b) Palm Springs.
(d) Cayman Islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is Clay in school?
2. In Part 5, where does Rip tell Clay they should meet?
3. Where does Clay stop on his way home from having lunch with his father?
4. Where does Julian tell Clay to meet him to give him the money?
5. What reason does Julian give for needing to borrow money from Clay?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)