|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving Kim's house, what does Clay do when he arrives home?
(a) He talks with Blair on the phone.
(b) He has a drink with his mother.
(c) He watches an evangelist on TV.
(d) He criticizes his sisters about their behavior.
2. Why does Clay look for Julian when he gets to Blair's party?
(a) Because Blair told Clay that Julian is sick.
(b) Because Julian owes him money.
(c) Because he has not seen Julian in over a year.
(d) Because Julian is his usual drug dealer.
3. What type of car does Julian emerge from at the end of Part 2?
(a) A Porsche.
(b) A Land Rover.
(c) A Mercedes Benz.
(d) A Ferrari.
4. What does Clay remember about his last Christmas in Palm Springs?
(a) His parents decided to get a divorce.
(b) The weather was too cold to get into the beach water.
(c) His grandmother's death.
(d) The weather was so hot he could not sleep.
5. After Christmas Eve dinner, why does Clay go to Jimmy's?
(a) To have a drink with Julian.
(b) To have more drinks with his family.
(c) To meet up with Rip to get more drugs.
(d) To have dinner with Blair.
6. What does Clay find his sisters doing on the morning after Christmas?
(a) Watching home videos.
(b) Watching adult films.
(c) Swimming in the pool.
(d) Eating in the kitchen.
7. At the start of the Part 4, why do Clay and Blair go to Kim's house?
(a) To see Muriel.
(b) To meet Daniel's girlfriend.
(c) For a New Year's Eve party.
(d) To find Clay's drug dealer.
8. What year is Clay in school?
(a) He is a junior.
(b) He is a freshman.
(c) He is a senior.
(d) He is a sophomore.
9. Who does Clay eat dinner with on Christmas Eve night?
(a) His parents and sisters.
10. Where does Clay's grandfather spend Christmas Eve?
(a) Palm Springs.
(c) Cayman Islands.
11. Where does Clay find his sisters on the morning after Christmas?
(a) At the swimming pool.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The living room.
(d) His mother's bedroom.
12. When does Julian tell Clay to give him the money?
(a) Three days after their meeting.
(b) One day after their meeting.
(c) Four days after their meeting.
(d) Two days after their meeting.
13. What does Clay do when he wakes up at 11:00 am?
(a) He meets up with friends at a diner.
(b) He swims laps in the pool.
(c) He takes a hit of cocaine.
(d) He goes for a run in the neighborhood.
14. On Christmas Eve, Daniel calls Clay to tell him what?
(a) Daniel tells Clay that he is gay.
(b) Daniel tells Clay that a girl he had been dating is pregnant.
(c) Daniel tells Clay that he was in a drunk-driving accident.
(d) Daniel tells Clay that he is doing crack.
15. Who do Trent and Clay see after they leave the movies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Clay do cocaine with at the club, The Edge?
2. At the start of Part 2, where do Clay and Trent go before attending another party with friends?
3. Why do Kim, Blair and Clay not hang out at The Palace one night?
4. Where does Clay arrange to meet Julian?
5. What is the setting of the story?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)