|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lene's boyfriend's name?
2. Where does Clay arrange to meet Julian?
(a) The Chinese Theater.
(b) A resturant in the Galleria.
(c) Clay's house in Palm Springs.
(d) Julian's house.
3. In part 5, why does Trent call Clay?
(a) Because Trent is having a party and wants Clay to attend.
(b) Because Trent does not have a car and his parents will not allow him to borrow their car.
(c) Because Trent is out of cocaine and cannot find his dealer.
(d) Because Trent wants Clay to buy him some cocaine from Daniel.
4. Clay's father asks him if he wants to go where for Christmas?
(b) Palm Springs.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Las Vegas.
5. How is Clay dressed when he leaves Griffin's house?
(a) He is half-naked.
(b) He is fully dressed.
(c) He is naked.
(d) He leaves wearing Griffin's clothing.
6. What memories does Clay have of Julian after Clay agrees to loan Julian the money?
(a) He remembers riding bikes together in the first grade.
(b) He remembers their sixth grade play.
(c) He remembers their fifth grade soccer adventures.
(d) He remembers playing together during their kindergarten field day.
7. Who makes the statement, "People are afraid to merge onto the freeway in Los Angeles."
(a) Clay's mother.
8. Where do Blair, Kim, and Clay go to see a movie?
(b) Beverly Hills.
(c) Bel Air.
(d) West Hollywood.
9. What suggestion does Trent make to Clay at Blair's party?
(a) He suggests that Clay go on a date with Muriel.
(b) He suggests Clay get a tan.
(c) He suggests that Clay not go back to school.
(d) He suggests that Clay stop smoking.
10. What does Clay remember about his last Christmas in Palm Springs?
(a) His grandmother's death.
(b) The weather was too cold to get into the beach water.
(c) The weather was so hot he could not sleep.
(d) His parents decided to get a divorce.
11. Who is at Clay's mother's house when he arrives from the airport?
(a) The cleaning lady.
(b) Clay's sister.
(c) Clay's father.
(d) Clay's mother.
12. What matters most to Clay about having lunch with his father?
(a) His father will give him a car after lunch.
(b) He gets a chance to spend time with his father.
(c) He is able to get away from his mother.
(d) His father will give him money.
13. What is Julian doing when Clay arrives at his house in Part 5?
(a) He is lying by the pool with a half-naked woman.
(b) He is half-passed out on his bed watching MTV.
(c) He is outside washing his car.
(d) He is watching an adult film and eating popcorn.
14. In Part 3, why does Blair want to spend time alone with Clay?
(a) She wants to give Clay a present.
(b) She senses that their relationship is in some jeopardy.
(c) She wants to break up with him.
(d) She wants to talk to him about Muriel.
15. In what state does Clay attend college?
(a) New Mexico.
(b) New Hampshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Blair and Kim pretend that they did not see Lene on television?
2. Why does Clay return home in Part 1?
3. Why does Clay look for Julian when he gets to Blair's party?
4. Who accompanies Clay to Blair's party?
5. Where does Clay find his sisters on the morning after Christmas?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)