|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After visiting with Muriel, where does Clay agree to meet Rip?
(a) In a park.
(b) At a nightclub.
(c) At a cafe.
(d) At a church.
2. What time does Clay get off of the phone with Blair in Part 3?
(a) 10:00 pm.
(c) 3:00 am.
(d) Nearly dawn.
3. At the start of the Part 4, why do Clay and Blair go to Kim's house?
(a) To find Clay's drug dealer.
(b) To meet Daniel's girlfriend.
(c) To see Muriel.
(d) For a New Year's Eve party.
4. What suggestion does Trent make to Clay at Blair's party?
(a) He suggests that Clay go on a date with Muriel.
(b) He suggests that Clay not go back to school.
(c) He suggests Clay get a tan.
(d) He suggests that Clay stop smoking.
5. What does Blair tell Clay about his friend Muriel?
(a) Muriel dropped out of school.
(b) Muriel is dead.
(c) Muriel is anorexic.
(d) Muriel is no longer her friend.
6. What was Lene doing on television?
(d) An audience participant.
7. Where does Julian tell Clay to meet him to give him the money?
(a) At the Chinese Theater.
(b) Julian's house.
(c) At a resturant at the Galleria.
(d) Clay's house.
8. Where does Clay's grandfather spend Christmas Eve?
(a) Cayman Islands.
(d) Palm Springs.
9. What is the setting of the story?
(a) Seattle, WA.
(b) Los Angeles, CA.
(c) New York, NY.
(d) Chicago, IL.
10. What memories does Clay have of Julian after Clay agrees to loan Julian the money?
(a) He remembers playing together during their kindergarten field day.
(b) He remembers their fifth grade soccer adventures.
(c) He remembers their sixth grade play.
(d) He remembers riding bikes together in the first grade.
11. What does Clay remember about the night he and his sisters were in Palm Springs?
(a) Seeing a three-car accident.
(b) Seeing the car on fire.
(c) Seeing an animal dying in the middle of the road.
(d) Hitting a woman with a car.
12. Why does Clay go home with Griffin?
(a) Because he is stoned and drunk on champagne.
(b) Because he is tired and does not feel like driving home.
(c) Because he wants to check out Griffin's new movies.
(d) Because he wants to get some drugs from Griffin's house.
13. What gift does Blair give Clay for Christmas?
(a) A jacket.
(b) A tie.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A hat.
14. What does Clay find his sisters doing on the morning after Christmas?
(a) Swimming in the pool.
(b) Watching home videos.
(c) Watching adult films.
(d) Eating in the kitchen.
15. What does Clay do before Rip arrives to meet him in Part 5?
(a) Clay buys a new cardigan.
(b) Clay drinks three glasses of wine.
(c) Clay watches a movie.
(d) Clay runs into some old friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What matters most to Clay about having lunch with his father?
2. Why does Julian say he does not have the money he needs?
3. Which of Clay's friends is a male model?
4. What year is Clay in school?
5. What types of comments make Clay perk up at his psychiatrist visit?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)