|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Clay go home with Griffin?
(a) Because he is tired and does not feel like driving home.
(b) Because he wants to get some drugs from Griffin's house.
(c) Because he is stoned and drunk on champagne.
(d) Because he wants to check out Griffin's new movies.
2. How long has Clay been away at school in Part 1?
(a) Five months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three months.
3. Who does Clay do cocaine with at the club, The Edge?
4. What does Clay remember about the night he and his sisters were in Palm Springs?
(a) Seeing an animal dying in the middle of the road.
(b) Seeing a three-car accident.
(c) Hitting a woman with a car.
(d) Seeing the car on fire.
5. On the way home from Griffin's house in Part 2, Clay is distracted by a billboard that says what?
(a) "A new way."
(b) "Disappear here."
(c) "Just your luck."
(d) "New beginings."
6. After visiting with Muriel, where does Clay agree to meet Rip?
(a) At a nightclub.
(b) At a church.
(c) In a park.
(d) At a cafe.
7. Who sees Clay as he leaves Griffin's house in Part 2?
(a) Griffin's cat.
(b) The maid.
(c) Griffin's sister.
(d) Griffin's mother.
8. Who does Clay see at Julian's pool?
(b) Julian's mother.
(c) An unknown drunk girl.
9. Who is at Clay's mother's house when he arrives from the airport?
(a) Clay's mother.
(b) Clay's father.
(c) Clay's sister.
(d) The cleaning lady.
10. When does Julian tell Clay to give him the money?
(a) One day after their meeting.
(b) Two days after their meeting.
(c) Four days after their meeting.
(d) Three days after their meeting.
11. What does Clay do when Julian does not show up for their meeting?
(a) Clay goes to the movies.
(b) Clay drives to a bar and gets drunk.
(c) Clay goes home and shoots heroin.
(d) Clay drives to Trent's house to talk.
12. What is Lene's boyfriend's name?
13. Why did Julian have someone else call Clay to arrange their meeting?
(a) Because Julian did not have time to arrange the meeting.
(b) Because Julian was scared to call Clay.
(c) Because Julian did not have Clay's phone number.
(d) Because Julian was hiding out from his parents.
14. What is significant about the night Clay and his sisters were in Palm Springs?
(a) Clay thought he saw a child's body burning in the flames coming from the car engine.
(b) He thought he saw one of the cars explode.
(c) He thought he saw a woman dying in one of the car's involved in the car accident.
(d) He thought he saw the dead animal disappear after getting struck by a car.
15. What does Clay find his sisters doing on the morning after Christmas?
(a) Eating in the kitchen.
(b) Swimming in the pool.
(c) Watching home videos.
(d) Watching adult films.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Clay get off of the phone with Blair in Part 3?
2. What is the setting of the story?
3. Who says, "But I don't like Bandarasta. He's always calling me 'Halloween' for some reason. I don't like to be called 'Halloween.' I don't like it at all."
4. What is the relationship between Clay and Blair?
5. In Part 5, where does Rip tell Clay they should meet?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)