|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In part 5, why does Trent call Clay?
(a) Because Trent is out of cocaine and cannot find his dealer.
(b) Because Trent is having a party and wants Clay to attend.
(c) Because Trent wants Clay to buy him some cocaine from Daniel.
(d) Because Trent does not have a car and his parents will not allow him to borrow their car.
2. Who picks Clay up from the airport?
(c) Clay's father.
(d) Clay's mother.
3. What is the setting of the story?
(a) Los Angeles, CA.
(b) Chicago, IL.
(c) Seattle, WA.
(d) New York, NY.
4. Where does Clay arrange to meet Julian?
(a) A resturant in the Galleria.
(b) The Chinese Theater.
(c) Julian's house.
(d) Clay's house in Palm Springs.
5. What is Muriel doing while while she is hiding out at Kim's house?
(a) She is getting drunk.
(b) She is throwing up.
(c) She is making out with a boy she does not know.
(d) She is shooting heroin.
6. What suggestion does Trent make to Clay at Blair's party?
(a) He suggests that Clay not go back to school.
(b) He suggests Clay get a tan.
(c) He suggests that Clay stop smoking.
(d) He suggests that Clay go on a date with Muriel.
7. What was Lene doing on television?
(d) An audience participant.
8. Who do Trent and Clay see after they leave the movies?
9. What is Clay's father's profession?
(a) Music industry executive.
(b) Movie industry executive .
(c) Bank manager.
(d) Public school teacher.
10. Who calls Clay to set-up a meeting between him and Julian?
11. What does Blair tell Clay about his friend Muriel?
(a) Muriel dropped out of school.
(b) Muriel is anorexic.
(c) Muriel is no longer her friend.
(d) Muriel is dead.
12. What year is Clay in school?
(a) He is a senior.
(b) He is a sophomore.
(c) He is a freshman.
(d) He is a junior.
13. What does Clay's mother's house smell like when he arrives?
(a) Like pine.
(b) Like bleach.
(c) Like dirty clothes.
(d) Like rotting food.
14. What does Clay remember about his last Christmas in Palm Springs?
(a) His parents decided to get a divorce.
(b) The weather was so hot he could not sleep.
(c) His grandmother's death.
(d) The weather was too cold to get into the beach water.
15. Who says, "But I don't like Bandarasta. He's always calling me 'Halloween' for some reason. I don't like to be called 'Halloween.' I don't like it at all."
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Julian tell Clay to give him the money?
2. Clay's father asks him if he wants to go where for Christmas?
3. Where does Clay eat dinner on Christmas Eve?
4. Where does Clay have lunch with his father?
5. After Christmas Eve dinner, why does Clay go to Jimmy's?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)