|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the fellow teacher with whom Grant is having an affair?
2. Where is Jefferson's cell located?
(a) At the end of the cellblock
(b) In a separate room
(c) On the top floor
(d) In general population
3. How did Grant's teacher say he would be broken down as?
(a) A dog
(b) A hog
(c) A nigger
(d) A fool
4. Who says that all in the courtroom know what the outcome of the trial will be?
(b) Tante Lou
(c) The unnamed narrator
(d) Miss Emma
5. Grant tells a student to leave the classroom. Why?
(a) Because he was mean to another student
(b) Because she is unable to control her emotions
(c) Because she made a smart remark
(d) Because he looks like Jefferson
Short Answer Questions
1. What is displayed in front of the court building?
2. Who is told that they are 'smart. Maybe you're just a little too smart for our own good'?
3. Why does Grant whack the student on the head with a ruler?
4. Who is upset with Jefferson's fate and pours herself a drink?
5. What is something Grant does NOT tell his students to do when the superintendent arrives?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)