|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who warns Grant of the impending annual visit by the superintendent?
(d) Miss Emma
2. Who does NOT enter the kitchen at 6:45 PM?
(a) Henri Pichot
(b) Louis Rougon
(c) Sam Guidry
(d) Reverend Ambrose
3. What is something Grant does NOT tell his students to do when the superintendent arrives?
(a) To show up in nice clothes
(b) To sing a song
(c) To bathe each morning
(d) To behave
4. Where does Grant drive Miss Emma and Tante Lou?
(a) To Henri Pichot's home
(b) To Guidry's home
(c) To their home
(d) To Bourgon's home
5. Grant is worried that the guards will do what when he goes to the jail on his own?
(a) Ask him to strip or to look in his mouth
(b) Beat him
(c) Ignore him
(d) Lock him up
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Grant whack the student on the head with a ruler?
2. Who is the fellow teacher with whom Grant is having an affair?
3. When Jefferson does not eat, what does Grant pick up and eat?
4. Who is given permission to see Jefferson?
5. Who apologizes for the way they treated Grant?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)