|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grant whack the student on the head with a ruler?
(a) Because the student is crying
(b) Because the student was asleep
(c) Because the student sassed him
(d) Because the student was playing with a bug
2. What does Grant notice through the barred window?
(a) Spring buds
(c) Dark clouds
(d) Blue sky and yelllow leaves
3. How did Grant's teacher say he would be broken down as?
(a) A dog
(b) A nigger
(c) A hog
(d) A fool
4. What does Grant not want to spend his life doing?
(a) Living in this town
(b) Teaching children on a plantation
(c) Being oppressed
(d) Being bored
5. Where is Jefferson's cell located?
(a) In general population
(b) On the top floor
(c) In a separate room
(d) At the end of the cellblock
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the fellow teacher with whom Grant is having an affair?
2. When does Grant teach the children?
3. Who says that all in the courtroom know what the outcome of the trial will be?
4. Where is Vivian's husband?
5. What did Miss Emma send for Jefferson to enjoy?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)