|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert Henri says that people are overlaid with ________ in their minds and in their souls, according to the book.
2. Gandhi says that a follower of the Laws of ________ need to have faith and does not need to save for the future when he does.
3. No ________ can surpass simplicity, according to St. Francois de Sales, according to this section of the book.
4. In what century did Minucius Felix live, according to the notes in this section of the book?
5. _________, says Robert Henri, is a privilege that one is willing to pay for, which is why it is so special, according to the book.
Short Essay Questions
1. What should education teach children, according to the ideas in the book?
2. What does Robert Graves point out about the ideas of money and poverty and poetry?
3. How do the bees build their own homes, which is clearly different from the way that humans build their homes?
4. What happens when a person chooses not to buy items from those who manufacture them?
5. What should happen once wealth and possessions have been renounced, according to this section?
6. What does this section define the idea of the simple life, according to the book?
7. What does Russell say about the idea of saving for the future?
8. What is the mother teaching her daughter when she tells her that she is a little princess?
9. What has the artist always been able to do, according to Honore de Balzac?
10. What does Regamey say the destitute in a society is a sign for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Not an uncommon idea, but the books says that technology is destroying the planet and mutilating mankind.
Part 1: Why do you think people people believe that technology is hurting mankind?
Part 2: How do you think technology and mankind can exist peacefully?
Part 3: Do you think you could give up technology entirely? Support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Some people choose to have a smaller salary, saying they are happier even though they are making less money.
Part 1: Do you think that you would be happy with a smaller salary?
Part 2: Why do you think that people are happier when they're not making a lot of money?
Part 3: How do you think that making less money would change your life right now?
Essay Topic 3
The book points out that man is neither good nor evil, but may be a bit of both.
Part 1: Why do you think that man is not necessarily good?
Part 2: How do you think a person can be neither good nor evil?
Part 3: Do you think man needs to be good or evil? Or can he/she be a bit of both? Is this possible?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)