|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _______ are taught to want things from a very young age, according to the book's writing in this section.
2. The _______ is always easier when one travels lighter, according to the book in this section, and according to Felix.
3. _________ says that poverty, that confirms with the laws of nature, is great wealth, according to the book.
(d) Mother Teresa.
4. Saint Bernard is criticized for riding a ________ while making his rounds to the poor, according to the book.
5. Marcus Aurelius writes how __________ is a life-long experience, according to his writing in this section of the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ writes that it can take a man a lifetime to learn how to live, according to the writing in this section.
2. In what century did Minucius Felix live, according to the notes in this section of the book?
3. Robert Henri says that people are overlaid with ________ in their minds and in their souls, according to the book.
4. _________ writes that in quiet times, man is able to do whatever he loves to do and to do it solely for its own sake, according to the book.
5. ___________ points out that children who are raised in a sea of dolls and toys are not taught to love nature, according to the book.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Ford Foundation report have to say about the idea of overpopulation?
2. How does Whitman describe the ideal life, according to his section of the book?
3. What does Seneca point out that man does not limit when it comes to the use of nature?
4. What does Young say would happen if America gave away possessions they did not need to the rest of the world?
5. What do artists and the creative community seem to understand that others do not?
6. What does Robert Graves point out about the ideas of money and poverty and poetry?
7. What does Russell say about the idea of saving for the future?
8. What does this section say that children are taught at a young age, which might explain modern society?
9. What does Sir Francis Bacon have to say about the baggage that one carries in their life?
10. What is a time that is found to be boring, unlike the idea of leisure, as described in this section?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)