|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A person should not allow possessions to have any __________ in life, as this will cause the baggage to be a bother.
2. ________ writes that the West is over-consuming the resources of the world and sinking itself into disaster, according to the book.
3. The _______ is always easier when one travels lighter, according to the book in this section, and according to Felix.
4. Nature's gifts can not be _________, according to the book, even though man is attempting to do so now.
5. Man annihilates more ________ than any other living thing, according to the book and according to recent findings.
(d) Natural resources.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ advocates a luxury that has nothing to do with money, rather he sees it as food for the soul, according to the book.
2. Socrates overheard someone else talking about how expensive ________ was at the time, according to the book.
3. To Honore de Balzac, the artist is the one who has always kept the true _______ between riches and poverty, according to the book.
4. Leisure is not the same thing as _________, according to the book, and it needs to be approached in a different way.
5. Mumford says that the _______ of the Affluent Economy would not be Karl Marx but Henry Thoreau.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does this section say is a part of human nature, and Gandhi says one must have faith in the future?
2. What should happen once wealth and possessions have been renounced, according to this section?
3. What does Seneca say it may take a man a lifetime to learn, according to the book?
4. What does Saint Bernard have to say about the idea of having many possessions?
5. What do artists and the creative community seem to understand that others do not?
6. What has the artist always been able to do, according to Honore de Balzac?
7. How does Whitman describe the ideal life, according to his section of the book?
8. What has been warped by the luxury of the United States as it defines this as being normal?
9. What are the three elements that Robert Henri says the most beautiful life contains?
10. What does Regamey say the destitute in a society is a sign for?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)