|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert Henri says that people are overlaid with ________ in their minds and in their souls, according to the book.
2. No ________ that is bought, according to Seneca, is respectable, according to this section of the book.
3. A ________ education is one that gives man his freedom, the freedom to think and to create, according to the book.
4. Marcus Aurelius writes how __________ is a life-long experience, according to his writing in this section of the book.
5. Mankind created a system that is destined to fail since it cannot continue to __________ itself, according to the book.
(d) Provide for.
Short Answer Questions
1. Emerson points out that children often miss out on the real __________ of the sun and the moon and the water, according to the book.
2. __________ can become a hindrance to the journey while also being a disturbance on the way to victory, according to the book.
3. Marcus Aurelius speaks of a ______ life so busy that it has no leisure, according to the book, which is not pleasant to him.
4. _______ comments that artists regard their work as play and their play as work, as stated in the book.
5. A child just has to _______ in order to get what he wants, according to the way that we raise children.
Short Essay Questions
1. What should happen once wealth and possessions have been renounced, according to this section?
2. What is the mother teaching her daughter when she tells her that she is a little princess?
3. Though life is a struggle, what is the advice that Burroughs gives to the reader in this section?
4. What does Gandhi discover as he has experienced both wealth and poverty?
5. What does the Ford Foundation report have to say about the idea of overpopulation?
6. What does Young say would happen if America gave away possessions they did not need to the rest of the world?
7. What is the one gift that is provided by a transition to Voluntary Poverty, according to VandenBroeck?
8. How do the bees build their own homes, which is clearly different from the way that humans build their homes?
9. What does this section define the idea of the simple life, according to the book?
10. How does Whitman describe the ideal life, according to his section of the book?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)