|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most people of today do not understand the ________ that awaits them if they choose not to be rich in their lives, according to the book.
2. Francis learns the ballads of ________ from his mother who hails from that area, which has seen the birth of poverty.
3. Schumacher believes that modern ___________ is destroying the planet, according to the book.
(c) Retirement funding.
4. Plutarch is happy that his only ________ is lost at sea because he will be able to live the life of a philosopher.
(a) Money pouch.
5. Mildred Binns Young wrote a piece in 1939 that was called, "Toward a ___________ Poverty," according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. The only true solution for a return to the truly ______ life is to remove oneself from the false set of values, according to the book.
2. The book points out that it is difficult to leave a life that has comfort in __________ and the easy life.
3. In the book of Timothy, the Bible says that the love of ____ is the root of all evil, according to the book.
4. The achievement of all other _________ in life is a distinct second to the acquisition of wealth, according to the book.
5. ________ is seen as a non-productive luxury that stands in the way of one's true worth in the world, according to the book.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the societal status of St. Francis of Assisi before he begins his work as a monk?
2. What are the essential aspects of life that are not for sale, according to this section of the book?
3. What does the civilized world lack these days which it did not lack in the past, according to Schumacher?
4. How does Schumacher define the idea of temperantia within this section of the book?
5. What is the power that is said to be intrinsic in the world able to do within society?
6. What happens when Francis is about to marry a wealthy woman?
7. What is the significance of Fortune stopping the wheel, according to the writing of Boethius?
8. What is the ancient concept that has been missing from society for a long time, according to this section?
9. What does James conclude to be the worst moral disease in society?
10. Illich says that the world is divided into two different camps, what are these two camps?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)