|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _______ comments that artists regard their work as play and their play as work, as stated in the book.
(b) Walt Whitman.
(c) Joseph Campbell.
(d) David Riesman.
2. _________ points out that while there is no money in poetry, there is also no poetry in money, according to the book.
(a) Henry David Thoreau.
(b) Robert Graves.
(c) Joseph Campbell.
(d) Walt Whitman.
3. No ________ can surpass simplicity, according to St. Francois de Sales, according to this section of the book.
4. It is not a good idea to put too much emphasis on one's __________ at the detriment of leisure, according to the book.
(a) Bank account.
5. To Honore de Balzac, the artist is the one who has always kept the true _______ between riches and poverty, according to the book.
6. The United States would be the leader of a _______ world if it were to give excess possessions to those in the world who are in need.
7. Gandhi says that a follower of the Laws of ________ need to have faith and does not need to save for the future when he does.
8. A life that is dedicated to ________ and does not take part in leisure is a joyless one, according to the book.
9. Man seems to be inefficient in _________ himself, according to the books' contents, and according to the wise writers.
10. John Burroughs says that he has been too busy enjoying the ______ to seek wealth, according to the book.
(c) Promise of tomorrow.
11. Saint Bernard says that he does not notice the _________ of his method of getting around, according to the book.
12. Living the ______ life, free of the burdens of wealth and of possessions is considered to be ideal, according to the book.
13. A child just has to _______ in order to get what he wants, according to the way that we raise children.
(c) Hold out their hand.
(d) Stand up.
14. _________ finds one can worship more devoutly when he/she is poor and without material possessions, according to the book.
(a) Mother Teresa.
(c) The Pope.
15. A ________ education is one that gives man his freedom, the freedom to think and to create, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marcus Aurelius writes how __________ is a life-long experience, according to his writing in this section of the book.
2. ________ does not limit how much is built on the lands or how many fish are taken from the waters, according to the book.
3. The _______ is always easier when one travels lighter, according to the book in this section, and according to Felix.
4. Artists and the creative community are said to be the only ones who enjoy an existence that is truly ________, according to the book.
5. The three elements that Robert speaks of in his section can only be obtained through the ________ of unnecessary things, according to the book.
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)