|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Surya Prem says that when children are little, they should be taught to want __________, according to the book.
2. The _________ issues a report in 1974 that suggests a zero population growth in the world.
(a) US Department of Health.
(b) US military.
(d) Ford Foundation.
3. ________ writes that it can take a man a lifetime to learn how to live, according to the writing in this section.
4. _________, says Robert Henri, is a privilege that one is willing to pay for, which is why it is so special, according to the book.
(b) Art life.
(d) Artistic poverty.
5. Man seems to be inefficient in _________ himself, according to the books' contents, and according to the wise writers.
6. Nature has a major role in what man is given to _______ and to live a happy life, even when he doesn't realize it, according to the book.
7. Mankind created a system that is destined to fail since it cannot continue to __________ itself, according to the book.
(b) Provide for.
8. Marcus Aurelius speaks of a ______ life so busy that it has no leisure, according to the book, which is not pleasant to him.
9. Gandhi says that a follower of the Laws of ________ need to have faith and does not need to save for the future when he does.
10. Marcus Aurelius writes how __________ is a life-long experience, according to his writing in this section of the book.
11. Nature's gifts can not be _________, according to the book, even though man is attempting to do so now.
12. _______ proclaims that living the life of a philosopher is more than just loving wisdom and starting a school.
13. ________ advocates a luxury that has nothing to do with money, rather he sees it as food for the soul, according to the book.
14. A life that is dedicated to ________ and does not take part in leisure is a joyless one, according to the book.
15. ___________ points out that children who are raised in a sea of dolls and toys are not taught to love nature, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Saint Bernard says that he does not notice the _________ of his method of getting around, according to the book.
2. Socrates overheard someone else talking about how expensive ________ was at the time, according to the book.
3. Whitman is against living with animals because they are not demented with the _________ of owning things, according to the book.
4. Children should be taught that ________ is for warmth, for modesty, and for protection, according to the book.
5. __________, according to the book, says that man is at war with nature, which is causing many problems.
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)