|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is not a good idea to put too much emphasis on one's __________ at the detriment of leisure, according to the book.
(a) Bank account.
2. Artists and the creative community are said to be the only ones who enjoy an existence that is truly ________, according to the book.
3. A life that is dedicated to ________ and does not take part in leisure is a joyless one, according to the book.
4. ________ writes that it can take a man a lifetime to learn how to live, according to the writing in this section.
5. Lewis Mumford says that a person through _______ and rejection can free himself from the powerful, according to the book.
6. Leisure is not the same thing as _________, according to the book, and it needs to be approached in a different way.
7. Man annihilates more ________ than any other living thing, according to the book and according to recent findings.
(c) Natural resources.
8. Man seems to be inefficient in _________ himself, according to the books' contents, and according to the wise writers.
9. ________ advocates a luxury that has nothing to do with money, rather he sees it as food for the soul, according to the book.
10. ________ does not limit how much is built on the lands or how many fish are taken from the waters, according to the book.
11. Marcus Aurelius writes how __________ is a life-long experience, according to his writing in this section of the book.
12. If the individual does not ______ what is being produced by those who are in power, then he will begin to take away the power of that company.
13. __________, according to the book, says that man is at war with nature, which is causing many problems.
14. ________ says that the carrying of baggage is what will disturb the victory of those who want to travel the world.
(a) James Horner.
(b) Sir Francis Bacon.
(d) Christopher Columbus.
15. Gandhi writes that a seeker after _________ must put his faith in God that he will have everything he needs when he needs it.
Short Answer Questions
1. No ________ that is bought, according to Seneca, is respectable, according to this section of the book.
2. No ________ can surpass simplicity, according to St. Francois de Sales, according to this section of the book.
3. Walt Whitman, a _________, believes that living with the animals is the ideal way to spend one's life, according to the book.
4. Nature has a major role in what man is given to _______ and to live a happy life, even when he doesn't realize it, according to the book.
5. A child just has to _______ in order to get what he wants, according to the way that we raise children.
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)