|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The need to develop __________ is essential in providing energy for the world's population, according to the book.
(a) Peace plans.
(b) Peace treaties.
(c) Alternative energies.
(d) New settlements.
2. Marcus Aurelius speaks of a ______ life so busy that it has no leisure, according to the book, which is not pleasant to him.
3. Saint Bernard says that he does not notice the _________ of his method of getting around, according to the book.
4. ________ writes that it can take a man a lifetime to learn how to live, according to the writing in this section.
5. When a mother calls her daughter a little __________, she teaches her daughter to begin to admire herself.
6. ________ cautions against building one's house beyond reasonable expense and splendor, according to the book.
7. The method of transportation for Saint _________ is simply a means to visit the poor and to minister to them.
8. No ________ can surpass simplicity, according to St. Francois de Sales, according to this section of the book.
9. _________ says that poverty, that confirms with the laws of nature, is great wealth, according to the book.
(c) Mother Teresa.
10. Mankind created a system that is destined to fail since it cannot continue to __________ itself, according to the book.
(d) Provide for.
11. Too often, the beauty and the size of one's _______ becomes more important than its cost.
(c) Book study.
12. Bertrand ________ says that saving for the future takes the joy away from today, according to the book.
13. ________ writes that the West is over-consuming the resources of the world and sinking itself into disaster, according to the book.
14. Artists and the creative community are said to be the only ones who enjoy an existence that is truly ________, according to the book.
15. If the individual does not ______ what is being produced by those who are in power, then he will begin to take away the power of that company.
Short Answer Questions
1. A life that is dedicated to ________ and does not take part in leisure is a joyless one, according to the book.
2. Robert Henri says that people are overlaid with ________ in their minds and in their souls, according to the book.
3. Lewis Mumford says that a person through _______ and rejection can free himself from the powerful, according to the book.
4. It is human _________, according to the book, to save for an uncertain future which starts off this section of the book.
5. Using _______, Marya Mannes writes a piece that addresses the avarice and the dysfunction of America in the book.
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)