|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The success of the super rich is that they create rules and values that then become the benchmark for living the ____________.
(a) Rich life.
(b) Good life.
(c) Rich way.
(d) True happiness.
2. St. Teresa of Avila speaks of the _______ of the vow of poverty, the foundation of the Order which she established.
3. The achievement of all other _________ in life is a distinct second to the acquisition of wealth, according to the book.
(b) Family matters.
4. Schumacher defines __________ as knowing when enough is enough in life and in all of life's activities, according to the book.
5. Bruce Barton points out that it is the ________ of money that is the root of all evil, which makes sense in the book.
6. _________ in one's life is really what makes one rich, according to the book and according to one of the sections.
7. ________ says that the only purpose of having money is to use it. There can be no other reason, according to the book.
(a) Ben Franklin.
(b) Dorothy Day.
(c) William James.
(d) William Milton.
8. Jeremy _______ writes that the status we call poverty is actually supposed to be called nature, according to the book and to the way he thinks.
9. George _______ writes that when man has what he wants, he is rich, but when he is able to do without what he wants, he is powerful.
10. ___________ takes away the responsibility of providing for the family and it gives to man the idea leisure time as well, according to the book.
(a) Mass production.
(d) The stock market.
11. Plutarch is happy that his only ________ is lost at sea because he will be able to live the life of a philosopher.
(d) Money pouch.
12. Confucious says that the highest good is to hold fast to the ________, meaning one must live a life of moderation and contentment.
(a) Golden Road.
(b) Golden Mean.
(d) Golden Honor.
13. True strength lies in the personal indifference and __________ found in untethered property, according to the book.
14. Every movement of humanity and _______ is one that leads toward simplicity, according to the book.
15. Schumacher believes that modern ___________ is destroying the planet, according to the book.
(d) Retirement funding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Only with a limitation of one's possessions can one realize their true _________ in the world, according to the book.
2. The rich are actually _________ to their own wealth, having to do much in order to keep it around.
3. _________ finds that he is rich enough as long as he is able to leave things untouched, according to the book.
4. Much has been given to those from whom much will be required, thus men are neither equally gifted or __________, according to the book.
5. Jean _________ speaks of the happiness of the family in his writings, according to the book in the beginning of this section.
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)