|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Schumacher believes that modern ___________ is destroying the planet, according to the book.
(d) Retirement funding.
2. Every movement of humanity and _______ is one that leads toward simplicity, according to the book.
3. William James believes that the fear of _________ is the worst moral disease that society has encountered.
4. William _______ is paraphrased when it is said that man is rich in virtues when he wants to use what he has in a holy manner.
5. Seneca proclaims that the _______ provided by nature is adequately abundant, even though most people do not realize it or recognize it.
6. Seneca dismayed that ______ was too easy to remove from the Earth as this might have been the beginning of the downfall of man.
7. The woman represents __________ because men love women, according to the book.
8. Gandhi calls the process of getting rid of what he owned a removal of a _________ from his shoulders, according to the book.
9. Solutions to the health problems of wealth can be found in the restoration of ________, according to the book.
(d) The middle class.
10. The rich are actually _________ to their own wealth, having to do much in order to keep it around.
11. _________ is something that lies within each man, and in the traditional wisdom of mankind, according to the book.
12. Most people of today do not understand the ________ that awaits them if they choose not to be rich in their lives, according to the book.
13. The civilized world lacks philosophers and _______ who can warn against the destructiveness of materialism.
14. ________ is seen as a non-productive luxury that stands in the way of one's true worth in the world, according to the book.
15. What is the job of St. Francis of Assisi's father when he is growing up in the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ takes away the responsibility of providing for the family and it gives to man the idea leisure time as well, according to the book.
2. ________ may step in to define the values of society if man does not try to do this on his own.
3. Only with a limitation of one's possessions can one realize their true _________ in the world, according to the book.
4. When the family is __________ in society and not connected to others, then it can be truly happy, according to the book.
5. What is the name of the writer of the poem at the start of this chapter, according to the book?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)