|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. No ________ that is bought, according to Seneca, is respectable, according to this section of the book.
2. Surya Prem says that when children are little, they should be taught to want __________, according to the book.
3. Robert Henri says that people are overlaid with ________ in their minds and in their souls, according to the book.
4. Schumacher defines __________ as knowing when enough is enough in life and in all of life's activities, according to the book.
5. The celebrations of the rich are like __________, according to Mercier when he speaks in this section of the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. The desire to gain ________ and the fear of its loss creates ideal conditions for corruption and for cowardice.
2. William James believes that the fear of _________ is the worst moral disease that society has encountered.
3. The _________ has cultivated a culture that has begun to confuse comfort with luxury, according to this section of the book.
4. Using _______, Marya Mannes writes a piece that addresses the avarice and the dysfunction of America in the book.
5. ________ writes that the West is over-consuming the resources of the world and sinking itself into disaster, according to the book.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)