|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The power of the _______ is unlimited and is the tool that changes culture, according to the book.
2. _______ are taught to want things from a very young age, according to the book's writing in this section.
3. A ________ education is one that gives man his freedom, the freedom to think and to create, according to the book.
4. Robert Henri says that people are overlaid with ________ in their minds and in their souls, according to the book.
5. ____________ writes that a few people know when they have enough and even fewer know how to use it.
(a) Joseph Campbell.
(b) William James.
(c) Ivan Illich.
(d) William Penn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Francis contemplates ___________ to a noble and wealthy woman, but reality strikes him later of this choice.
2. An _______ is a device that is used to purify things, according to the beginning of this section of the book.
3. A trip to ________ creates passion in Francis when he is confronted with true destitution, according to the book.
4. Louis Mercier speaks of the _________ of the rich, how their furniture can seem like stage pieces, according to the book.
5. A person should not allow possessions to have any __________ in life, as this will cause the baggage to be a bother.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)