|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A child just has to _______ in order to get what he wants, according to the way that we raise children.
(a) Stand up.
(b) Hold out their hand.
2. Mumford says that the _______ of the Affluent Economy would not be Karl Marx but Henry Thoreau.
3. Confucious says that the highest good is to hold fast to the ________, meaning one must live a life of moderation and contentment.
(a) Golden Mean.
(b) Golden Road.
(d) Golden Honor.
4. _______ proclaims that living the life of a philosopher is more than just loving wisdom and starting a school.
5. Gandhi realized that the more he gave away, the ________ it became, according to the book and to his own personal experience.
(b) More plentiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ is the writer who describes the difference between inflicted poverty and voluntary poverty.
2. A life that is dedicated to ________ and does not take part in leisure is a joyless one, according to the book.
3. _______ comments that artists regard their work as play and their play as work, as stated in the book.
4. No ________ can surpass simplicity, according to St. Francois de Sales, according to this section of the book.
5. ___________ takes away the responsibility of providing for the family and it gives to man the idea leisure time as well, according to the book.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)