|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The only true solution for a return to the truly ______ life is to remove oneself from the false set of values, according to the book.
2. In the book of Timothy, the Bible says that the love of ____ is the root of all evil, according to the book.
3. _________ is the writer who describes the difference between inflicted poverty and voluntary poverty.
(a) William James.
(b) John Milton.
(c) Ivan Illich.
(d) Dorothy Day.
4. The _________ issues a report in 1974 that suggests a zero population growth in the world.
(b) US Department of Health.
(c) Ford Foundation.
(d) US military.
5. The book points out that it is difficult to leave a life that has comfort in __________ and the easy life.
Short Answer Questions
1. The civilized world lacks philosophers and _______ who can warn against the destructiveness of materialism.
2. Seneca proclaims that the _______ provided by nature is adequately abundant, even though most people do not realize it or recognize it.
3. No man is without _______, whether he is gainfully employed or not, according to the book.
4. After meeting with the _________, Francis decides to give up all that he owns and he lives a life of poverty, according to the book.
5. Whitman is against living with animals because they are not demented with the _________ of owning things, according to the book.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)