|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leisure is not the same thing as _________, according to the book, and it needs to be approached in a different way.
2. The book points out that it is difficult to leave a life that has comfort in __________ and the easy life.
3. _________ is something that lies within each man, and in the traditional wisdom of mankind, according to the book.
4. Schumacher believes that modern ___________ is destroying the planet, according to the book.
(a) Retirement funding.
5. Gandhi calls the process of getting rid of what he owned a removal of a _________ from his shoulders, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Seneca dismayed that ______ was too easy to remove from the Earth as this might have been the beginning of the downfall of man.
2. When we don't hold onto anything, we can _______ without fear of losing our affluence.
3. The need to develop __________ is essential in providing energy for the world's population, according to the book.
4. It is not a good idea to put too much emphasis on one's __________ at the detriment of leisure, according to the book.
5. A trip to ________ creates passion in Francis when he is confronted with true destitution, according to the book.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)