|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ finds that he is rich enough as long as he is able to leave things untouched, according to the book.
(a) St. Francis.
2. If wealthy nations were to adhere to _________, the world might have its resources more fairly shared without causing too much harm.
(a) Zero growth.
(b) Planting more trees.
(c) Limited growth.
(d) Eating less.
3. Michael Harrington points out that there is virtue in choosing _________ over the desolation of empty abundance.
4. The wise and _______ man has always made it a goal to be unencumbered by things or wealth, according to the book.
5. What is the name of the book that Michael Harrington contributed to? "The Other _________."
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ writes that the West is over-consuming the resources of the world and sinking itself into disaster, according to the book.
2. Schumacher believes that modern ___________ is destroying the planet, according to the book.
3. Society looks down upon the poor, thinking that they lack ________ which is what has led them to their position in society.
4. The success of the super rich is that they create rules and values that then become the benchmark for living the ____________.
5. St. Teresa of Avila speaks of the _______ of the vow of poverty, the foundation of the Order which she established.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)