|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The book points out that it is difficult to leave a life that has comfort in __________ and the easy life.
2. The wise and _______ man has always made it a goal to be unencumbered by things or wealth, according to the book.
3. The civilized world lacks philosophers and _______ who can warn against the destructiveness of materialism.
4. In the book of Timothy, the Bible says that the love of ____ is the root of all evil, according to the book.
5. A trip to ________ creates passion in Francis when he is confronted with true destitution, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ is seen as a non-productive luxury that stands in the way of one's true worth in the world, according to the book.
2. When the family is __________ in society and not connected to others, then it can be truly happy, according to the book.
3. Ivan Illich believes that the world is divided into _______ camps of thought about money and about materialism.
4. Poverty can become a reality when basic _____ have been met and the excess begins to litter one's life with meaninglessness.
5. The book proposes that the wealthy in the world are the ones who are able to establish the ___________ in the world.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)