|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Every movement of humanity and _______ is one that leads toward simplicity, according to the book.
2. The desire to gain ________ and the fear of its loss creates ideal conditions for corruption and for cowardice.
3. Only with a limitation of one's possessions can one realize their true _________ in the world, according to the book.
4. The ________ can subsist within itself, providing enough food and clothing for the members within, according to the book.
5. After meeting with the _________, Francis decides to give up all that he owns and he lives a life of poverty, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Barnfield goes on to use ________ to show the ridiculous nature of man when he wants money in his life.
2. Louis Mercier speaks of the _________ of the rich, how their furniture can seem like stage pieces, according to the book.
3. It is the ______ man who often bungles his chance to choose his own experience within the confines of wealth.
4. Seneca dismayed that ______ was too easy to remove from the Earth as this might have been the beginning of the downfall of man.
5. Horace Gregory refers to money as the invisible ________ against the human spirit, according to the book.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)