|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thoreau says that ________ men are the most destitute because they do not know how to use the resources they have, according to the book.
2. ________ may step in to define the values of society if man does not try to do this on his own.
(a) Stock market.
3. Gandhi feels pulled into the ________, so he gives up what he has so as to not be influenced by outside sources.
(a) Political coil.
(b) Truthful wisdom.
(c) Mortal coil.
(d) Soulful life.
4. Much has been given to those from whom much will be required, thus men are neither equally gifted or __________, according to the book.
5. The rich man has no patience with the concept of personal __________ or a society in which man can be free, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. The achievement of all other _________ in life is a distinct second to the acquisition of wealth, according to the book.
2. The first step to a more satisfying life is to enter into Voluntary __________, according to the book.
3. Gandhi realized that the more he gave away, the ________ it became, according to the book and to his own personal experience.
4. Man's obligation is to live under ________in all of his actions, according to this part of the book.
5. Starting off this section is the poem "Lady ________" which talks more about the life of simplicity and what it has to offer."
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)