|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the book of Timothy, the Bible says that the love of ____ is the root of all evil, according to the book.
2. St. Teresa of Avila speaks of the _______ of the vow of poverty, the foundation of the Order which she established.
3. What is the name of the writer of the poem at the start of this chapter, according to the book?
(a) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(b) Richard Barnfield.
(c) John Milton.
(d) William James.
4. Ivan Illich believes that the world is divided into _______ camps of thought about money and about materialism.
5. Today's economic structure is built to support the relatively few but super _________ in society.
Short Answer Questions
1. While poverty is not the end goal of the ________ community, it is a safe harbor temporarily where talents can be nurtured.
2. Thoreau says that ________ men are the most destitute because they do not know how to use the resources they have, according to the book.
3. The rich man has no patience with the concept of personal __________ or a society in which man can be free, according to the book.
4. Francis learns the ballads of ________ from his mother who hails from that area, which has seen the birth of poverty.
5. Francis contemplates ___________ to a noble and wealthy woman, but reality strikes him later of this choice.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)