|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Every movement of humanity and _______ is one that leads toward simplicity, according to the book.
2. The rich are actually _________ to their own wealth, having to do much in order to keep it around.
3. ________ is seen as a non-productive luxury that stands in the way of one's true worth in the world, according to the book.
4. The civilized world lacks philosophers and _______ who can warn against the destructiveness of materialism.
5. Poverty can become a reality when basic _____ have been met and the excess begins to litter one's life with meaninglessness.
(c) Status requirements.
Short Answer Questions
1. Health and _________ are just two of the many aspects of life that are not for sale.
2. The wise and _______ man has always made it a goal to be unencumbered by things or wealth, according to the book.
3. ________ says that the only purpose of having money is to use it. There can be no other reason, according to the book.
4. Mildred Binns Young wrote a piece in 1939 that was called, "Toward a ___________ Poverty," according to the book.
5. Starting off this section is the poem "Lady ________" which talks more about the life of simplicity and what it has to offer."
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)