|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The book points out that it is difficult to leave a life that has comfort in __________ and the easy life.
2. The achievement of all other _________ in life is a distinct second to the acquisition of wealth, according to the book.
(c) Family matters.
3. True strength lies in the personal indifference and __________ found in untethered property, according to the book.
4. Michael Harrington points out that there is virtue in choosing _________ over the desolation of empty abundance.
5. Today's economic structure is built to support the relatively few but super _________ in society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Poverty can become a reality when basic _____ have been met and the excess begins to litter one's life with meaninglessness.
2. The goal of the frugal __________ is the goal of the man who needs some, but doesn't want to be weighed down by possessions.
3. William James believes that the fear of _________ is the worst moral disease that society has encountered.
4. __________ asserts that the praises of poverty need once more be boldly sung, according to the book.
5. What is the name of the writer of the poem at the start of this chapter, according to the book?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)