|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A ________ proverb points out that the gods only laugh at man when men pray to them for wealth, according to the book.
2. The woman represents __________ because men love women, according to the book.
3. The civilized world lacks philosophers and _______ who can warn against the destructiveness of materialism.
4. Confucious says that the highest good is to hold fast to the ________, meaning one must live a life of moderation and contentment.
(a) Golden Road.
(b) Golden Mean.
(c) Golden Honor.
5. Only with a limitation of one's possessions can one realize their true _________ in the world, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the three main threats to the world, according to the book's discussion in this section?
2. Mildred Binns Young wrote a piece in 1939 that was called, "Toward a ___________ Poverty," according to the book.
3. Horace Gregory refers to money as the invisible ________ against the human spirit, according to the book.
4. __________ asserts that the praises of poverty need once more be boldly sung, according to the book.
5. What is the name of the writer of the poem at the start of this chapter, according to the book?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)