1. What is the title of Book I in Part I – Fantine?
“A Just Man.”
2. What is Charles Myriel’s position within the Church in Part I – Fantine?
He is a Bishop.
3. Where in France does the novel begin in Book I of Part I – Fantine?
4. In what year was Charles Myriel born?
5. Charles Myriel was forced to flee Italy during the French Revolution of what year?
6. With whom did Charles Myriel have a chance encounter in 1806 which led to his current position?
7. What are the two luxuries that Charles Myriel holds onto out of consideration for his housekeeper?
A set of silverware and two silver candlesticks.
This section contains 4,502 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)