1. What is the title of Book I in Part I – Fantine?
2. What is Charles Myriel’s position within the Church in Part I – Fantine?
3. Where in France does the novel begin in Book I of Part I – Fantine?
4. In what year was Charles Myriel born?
5. Charles Myriel was forced to flee Italy during the French Revolution of what year?
6. With whom did Charles Myriel have a chance encounter in 1806 which led to his current position?
7. What are the two luxuries that Charles Myriel holds onto out of consideration for his housekeeper?
This section contains 4,502 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)