|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V - Jean Valjean.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gavroche’s makeshift home in Book VI of Part IV – Saint Denis is inside a statue of what?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) An elephant.
(c) An Olympian.
(d) A goat.
2. What is the hometown of Marius’s father to which Marius rides in order to see him in Book III of Part III – Marius?
3. What is written on the message that Marius hurls through the window in Book VIII of Part III – Marius?
(a) “Ransom: 200 francs.”
(b) “Help me!”
(d) “The cops are here.”
4. What is the name of the churchwarden who tells Marius in Book III of Part III – Marius that his father came to Mass to see him?
5. What is the title of Book I in Part V – Jean Valjean?
(a) “A Few Pages of History.”
(b) “Javert Derailed.”
(c) “War Between Four Walls.”
(d) “The Intestine of Leviathan.”
Short Answer Questions
1. Book X of Part IV – Saint Denis is set on what date?
2. When the revolutionaries with wives and children refuse to leave the rebellion in Book I of Part V – Jean Valjean, the group votes to send how many away?
3. Book VII of Part IV – Saint Denis focuses on what?
4. Who signs all the necessary documents for the marriage of Cosette and Marius in Book V of Part V – Jean Valjean?
5. What is the title of Book V of Part V – Jean Valjean?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)