|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV - Saint Denis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Book V of Part I – Fantine?
(a) “Paris Atomized.”
(b) “A Dark Chase Requires a Silent Hound.”
(c) “A Counter-Blow.”
(d) “The Descent.”
2. The narrator says that Monsieur Madeleine arrived in Montreuil in what year in Book V of Part I – Fantine?
3. Who was offered the throne after the 1830 July Revolution?
(a) Louis XVI.
(b) Henry IV.
(d) Napoleon Bonaparte.
4. Book VII of Part IV – Saint Denis focuses on what?
(a) The Napoleonic Wars.
(b) Parisian street slang.
(c) A detailed family history of Cosette.
(d) The history of the French monarchy.
5. What are the names of the Thénardiers’ two daughters whom they spoil?
(a) Fantine and Eponine.
(b) Azelma and Cosette.
(c) Eponine and Azelma.
(d) Cosette and Fantine.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book VI of Part IV – Saint Denis, Gavroche discovers two abandoned hungry children and uses his money to buy them food without realizing they are what?
2. What is the title of Book II of Part II – Cosette?
3. What is the title of Book VIII of Part II – Cosette?
4. How much money does Jean Valjean give to the Thénardiers for Cosette in Book III of Part II – Cosette?
5. Book X of Part IV – Saint Denis is set on what date?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)