|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV - Saint Denis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marius Pontmercy’s father was a colonel in whose army?
(a) Georges Pontmercy.
(b) Theodule Pontmercy.
(c) Enjolras Pontmercy.
(d) Gavroche Pontmercy.
2. Charles Myriel was forced to flee Italy during the French Revolution of what year?
3. To what park does Marius go daily in Book II of Part IV – Saint Denis?
(a) Luxembourg Gardens.
(b) Parc de Belleville.
(c) Field of the Lark.
(d) Parc des Buttes Chaumont.
4. What is the title of Book V of Part II – Cosette?
(a) “A Dark Chase Requires a Silent Hound.”
(b) “The Ship Orion.”
(c) “The Grand Bourgeois.”
(d) “The Excellence of Misfortune.”
5. Where does Jean Valjean announce he is taking Cosette in Book VIII of Part IV – Saint Denis?
Short Answer Questions
1. By what year does the narrator say in Book VII of Part II – Cosette that there are no new recruits and the nuns of the convent begin to die off?
2. In Book II of Part II – Cosette, newspaper articles suggest that Jean Valjean withdrew how many francs just before his arrest?
3. What is the name of the young law student with whom Fantine falls in love in Part I – Fantine?
4. What is the title of Book VI of Part IV – Saint Denis?
5. What does M. Myriel insist that Jean Valjean take with him when he is brought back to Myriel’s home by the police?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)