|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV - Saint Denis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Book VII in Part III – Marius?
(b) “The Noxious Poor.”
(c) “A Counter-Blow.”
2. In the letter that was left to Marius by his father, he is instructed to find a young man with what name in Book III of Part III – Marius?
3. Book VII of Part IV – Saint Denis focuses on what?
(a) The Napoleonic Wars.
(b) The history of the French monarchy.
(c) A detailed family history of Cosette.
(d) Parisian street slang.
4. By what year does the narrator say in Book VII of Part II – Cosette that there are no new recruits and the nuns of the convent begin to die off?
5. What is the title of Book II in Part IV – Saint Denis?
(a) “The Noxious Poor.”
(b) “Little Gavroche.”
Short Answer Questions
1. The street urchin named Gavroche in Part III – Marius is actually whose son?
2. After discovering the handkerchief he believes is Cosette’s, Marius re-nicknames her what in Part III – Marius?
3. What is written on the message that Marius hurls through the window in Book VIII of Part III – Marius?
4. Who was offered the throne after the 1830 July Revolution?
5. Fauchelevent believes that Valjean is hiding from whom in Book VIII of Part II – Cosette?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)