|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV - Saint Denis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jean Valjean crosses the River Seine over what in Book V of Part II – Cosette?
(a) The St. Mark’s Cathedral.
(b) The Eiffel Tower.
(c) The River Thames.
(d) The Austerlitz Bridge.
2. Where did the Canut revolt take place in December of 1831?
3. Gavroche pickpockets the thief who took Jean Valjean’s money and he throws it over whose wall in Book IV of Part IV – Saint Denis?
(a) Monsieur Gillenormand’s.
(b) Father Mabeuf’s.
(c) Marius Pontmercy’s.
4. Why was Jean Valjean’s prison sentence extended?
(a) For talking back to the guards.
(b) For going on a hunger strike.
(c) For fighting.
(d) For attempting escape.
5. Where did the insurgents in the Paris Uprising of 1832 make their stronghold?
(d) The Faubourg Saint-Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what location does Gavroche rescue Thénardier in Book VI of Part IV – Saint Denis?
2. What is Charles Myriel’s position within the Church in Part I – Fantine?
3. What is the title of Book I in Part IV – Saint Denis?
4. What is the title of Book VIII of Part II – Cosette?
5. What holiday is it when Cosette is introduced in Book III of Part II – Cosette?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)