|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III - Marius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Jean Valjean offer Fauchelevent to let him and Cosette spend the night at his lodgings in Book V of Part II – Cosette?
(a) 650 francs.
(b) 100 francs.
(c) 250 francs.
(d) 50 francs.
2. What is the title of Book VIII of Part II – Cosette?
(a) “Paris Atomized.”
(c) “The Excellence of Misfortune.”
(d) “Cemeteries Take What is Given Them.”
3. How much money does Jean Valjean give to the Thénardiers for Cosette in Book III of Part II – Cosette?
(a) 1,500 francs.
(b) 500 francs.
(c) 700 francs.
(d) 900 francs.
4. What neighbor of Marius’s introduces him to the Friends of the ABC in Part III – Marius?
5. The Thénardiers force Valjean to write a note summoning whom to the apartment in Book VIII of Part III – Marius?
Short Answer Questions
1. Fauchelevent tells Valjean that he and Cosette are in the garden of what convent in Book V of Part II – Cosette?
2. In what year was Charles Myriel born?
3. In Book I of Part III – Marius, Gavroche’s parents are living in the Gorbeau House under what pseudonym?
4. In what year does Marius turn eighteen in Book III of Part III – Marius?
5. With whom did Charles Myriel have a chance encounter in 1806 which led to his current position?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)