|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II - Cosette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what nickname does Jean Valjean become known when he stays at the Gorbeau House in Book IV of Part II – Cosette?
(a) “The beggar who gives alms.”
(b) “The monster of the night.”
(c) “The thief of the old hotel.”
(d) “The Saint of the forgotten.”
2. What is the title of Book III in Part I – Fantine?
(a) “Cemeteries Take What is Given Them.”
(b) “In the Year 1817.”
(c) “Paris Atomized.”
(d) “To Trust is Sometimes to Surrender.”
3. What are the names of the Thénardiers’ two daughters whom they spoil?
(a) Cosette and Fantine.
(b) Fantine and Eponine.
(c) Azelma and Cosette.
(d) Eponine and Azelma.
4. What is the name of Fantine’s hometown to which she returns in order to find work in Part I – Fantine?
5. How many years have passed since Jean Valjean’s first encounter with M. Myriel in Book III of Part I – Fantine?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Cosette’s father in the novel?
2. What is the title of Book IV of Part I – Fantine?
3. What is the title of Book I in Part I – Fantine?
4. Where in France does the novel begin in Book I of Part I – Fantine?
5. Whom does Jean Valjean rescue in Part I – Fantine by lifting him from underneath a fallen carriage?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)