|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I - Fantine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Monsieur Madeleine become mayor of Montreuil?
2. The narrator says that Monsieur Madeleine arrived in Montreuil in what year in Book V of Part I – Fantine?
3. What is Charles Myriel’s position within the Church in Part I – Fantine?
(a) He is a Bishop.
(b) He is a Pope.
(c) He is a Cardinal.
(d) He is a priest.
4. Why was Jean Valjean’s prison sentence extended?
(a) For attempting escape.
(b) For talking back to the guards.
(c) For going on a hunger strike.
(d) For fighting.
5. It is October of what year that Jean Valjean enters Digne in Book II of Part I – Fantine?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the young law student with whom Fantine falls in love in Part I – Fantine?
2. Charles Myriel was forced to flee Italy during the French Revolution of what year?
3. Whom does Jean Valjean rescue in Part I – Fantine by lifting him from underneath a fallen carriage?
4. With whom did Charles Myriel have a chance encounter in 1806 which led to his current position?
5. In Book VI of Part I – Fantine, Javert claims that he has positively identified Champmathieu as Valjean and states that he is leaving for where to testify in the trial the following day?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)