|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V - Jean Valjean.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To how many years in prison was Jean Valjean initially sentenced for stealing a loaf of bread?
2. In the beginning of Book II of Part V – Jean Valjean, the narrator bemoans the fact that Paris spends huge sums collecting what for fertilizer?
(a) Goat manure.
(b) Bird droppings.
(c) Cow manure.
(d) Sheep manure.
3. It is November of what year that a sailor on the Orion falls off one of the ship’s masts in Book II of Part II – Cosette?
4. Where does Cosette enroll in school in Book VIII of Part II – Cosette?
(a) In Belgium.
(b) At the convent.
(c) In England.
(d) At a public Paris school.
5. What is the title of Book VIII of Part I – Fantine?
(a) “The Excellence of Misfortune.”
(b) “The Ship Orion.”
(c) “A Counter-Blow.”
(d) “The Grand Bourgeois.”
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Jean Valjean offer Fauchelevent to let him and Cosette spend the night at his lodgings in Book V of Part II – Cosette?
2. Jean Valjean crosses the River Seine over what in Book V of Part II – Cosette?
3. What group in 1830 supported the deposed Bourbon dynasty?
4. Thénardier reveals that Jean Valjean obtained Cosette’s dowry from his work under what name in Book IX of Part V – Jean Valjean?
5. What neighbor of Marius’s introduces him to the Friends of the ABC in Part III – Marius?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)