|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V - Jean Valjean.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the revolutionaries with wives and children refuse to leave the rebellion in Book I of Part V – Jean Valjean, the group votes to send how many away?
2. When the revolutionaries can no longer hold back the attackers in Book I of Part V – Jean Valjean, the leader of the rebels orders a retreat and they fall back to what location?
(a) The Eiffel Tower.
(c) Luxembourg Gardens.
(d) The Corinth wine-shop.
3. What is the title of Book III of Part V – Jean Valjean?
(a) “The Last Drop in the Chalice.”
(b) “Mire, but Soul.”
(d) “The Excellence of Misfortune.”
4. What nickname does Courfeyrac dub Jean Valjean prior to meeting him in Part III – Marius?
5. What does Fauchelevent actually carry out of the convent in a coffin in Book VIII of Part II – Cosette?
(a) Tree branches.
(c) Jean Valjean.
(d) Two beggar children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the police inspector who acts as a nemesis to Jean Valjean throughout Les Miserables?
2. With what do the nuns convince Fauchelevent to fill a coffin in order to avoid breaking Parisian law by burying a nun in the convent in Book VIII of Part II – Cosette?
3. Where does Marius pronounce his love for Cosette in Book V of Part IV – Saint Denis?
4. What is Thénardier disguised as when he visits Marius in Book IX of Part V – Jean Valjean?
5. What is the title of Book VII in Part V – Jean Valjean?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)