|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V - Jean Valjean.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the hometown of Marius’s father to which Marius rides in order to see him in Book III of Part III – Marius?
2. It is November of what year that a sailor on the Orion falls off one of the ship’s masts in Book II of Part II – Cosette?
3. How much money does Jean Valjean offer Fauchelevent to let him and Cosette spend the night at his lodgings in Book V of Part II – Cosette?
(a) 250 francs.
(b) 650 francs.
(c) 50 francs.
(d) 100 francs.
4. Whom does Gavroche discover to be a military spy in Book XII Part IV – Saint Denis?
5. Where did the insurgents in the Paris Uprising of 1832 make their stronghold?
(a) The Faubourg Saint-Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Paris Uprising of 1832 also known as?
2. On what street are Cosette and Jean Valjean living in Book III of Part IV – Saint Denis?
3. When the revolutionaries with wives and children are sent away from the rebellion in Book I of Part V – Jean Valjean, it turns out that they only have how many army uniforms in which to send them away?
4. By what year does the narrator say in Book VII of Part II – Cosette that there are no new recruits and the nuns of the convent begin to die off?
5. For how many years has Jean Valjean been in prison when his character is introduced in Part I – Fantine?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)