|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II - Cosette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second thing that Fantine sells in order to make money when she becomes desperate after losing her job at the factory?
(a) Her horse.
(b) Her front teeth.
(c) Her house.
(d) Her hair.
2. What is the first thing that Fantine sells in order to make money when she becomes desperate after losing her job at the factory?
(a) Her teeth.
(b) Her house.
(c) Her horse.
(d) Her hair.
3. In Book VI of Part I – Fantine, Javert claims that he has positively identified Champmathieu as Valjean and states that he is leaving for where to testify in the trial the following day?
4. How many years have passed since Fantine has been to her hometown in Book V of Part I – Fantine?
5. Fauchelevent helps Jean Valjean secure work as what in Book VIII of Part II – Cosette?
(a) A gardener.
(b) A banker.
(c) A bellhop.
(d) A lumberjack.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Monsieur Madeleine become mayor of Montreuil?
2. How much money does Jean Valjean give to the Thénardiers for Cosette in Book III of Part II – Cosette?
3. Where does Cosette enroll in school in Book VIII of Part II – Cosette?
4. With whom did Charles Myriel have a chance encounter in 1806 which led to his current position?
5. What is the name of Cosette’s father in the novel?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)