|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III - Marius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Jean Valjean offer Fauchelevent to let him and Cosette spend the night at his lodgings in Book V of Part II – Cosette?
(a) 250 francs.
(b) 650 francs.
(c) 100 francs.
(d) 50 francs.
2. What are the two luxuries that Charles Myriel holds onto out of consideration for his housekeeper?
(a) A set of silverware and two silver candlesticks.
(b) A fireplace and a bear rug.
(c) A silk robe and a dishwasher.
(d) A gas lamp and indoor plumbing.
3. What is the name of Cosette’s father in the novel?
(a) Felix Tholomyes.
(b) Theodule Gillenormand.
(c) Jean Prouvaire.
(d) Marius Pontmercy.
4. What is the name of Fantine’s daughter in Part I – Fantine?
(a) Mademoiselle Gillenormand.
(b) Mademoiselle Baptistine.
5. In what year was Charles Myriel born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written on the message that Marius hurls through the window in Book VIII of Part III – Marius?
2. What is the title of Book VIII in Part III – Marius?
3. What is the title of Book II of Part II – Cosette?
4. In Book II of Part II – Cosette, newspaper articles suggest that Jean Valjean withdrew how many francs just before his arrest?
5. Charles Myriel was forced to flee Italy during the French Revolution of what year?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)