|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III - Marius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what nickname does Jean Valjean become known when he stays at the Gorbeau House in Book IV of Part II – Cosette?
(a) “The monster of the night.”
(b) “The thief of the old hotel.”
(c) “The beggar who gives alms.”
(d) “The Saint of the forgotten.”
2. What is the title of Book I in Part I – Fantine?
(a) “A Just Man.”
(b) “To Trust is Sometimes to Surrender.”
(c) “The Descent.”
(d) “In the Year 1817.”
3. The nuns of the convent in Book VI of Part II – Cosette are an order founded by what Spaniard?
(a) Francisco Jiménez de Cisneros.
(b) Manuel Azaña.
(c) Martin Verga.
(d) Santiago Carrillo.
4. The police inspector in Montreuil threatens Fantine with what jail sentence for attacking a man who insulted her in Part I – Fantine?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 months.
5. What is the name of the young law student with whom Fantine falls in love in Part I – Fantine?
(a) Theodule Gillenormand.
(b) Monsieur Gillenormand.
(c) Monsieur Mabeuf.
(d) Felix Tholomyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Marius give to Eponine in Book VIII of Part III – Marius?
2. What is Book III’s title in Part III – Marius?
3. What is the title of Book I of Part III – Marius?
4. What officer promises to always remember Thénardier for saving his life in Book I of Part II – Cosette?
5. What does Javert give to Marius after Marius tells him of the plot of his neighbors in Book VIII of Part III – Marius?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)