|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III - Marius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean Valjean steal from M. Myriel in Part I – Fantine?
(a) A loaf of bread.
(b) Brass coins.
(c) A lantern.
2. What is Charles Myriel’s position within the Church in Part I – Fantine?
(a) He is a Bishop.
(b) He is a Pope.
(c) He is a priest.
(d) He is a Cardinal.
3. It is November of what year that a sailor on the Orion falls off one of the ship’s masts in Book II of Part II – Cosette?
4. What is the title of Book V of Part II – Cosette?
(a) “A Dark Chase Requires a Silent Hound.”
(b) “The Ship Orion.”
(c) “The Grand Bourgeois.”
(d) “The Excellence of Misfortune.”
5. What are the two luxuries that Charles Myriel holds onto out of consideration for his housekeeper?
(a) A silk robe and a dishwasher.
(b) A set of silverware and two silver candlesticks.
(c) A fireplace and a bear rug.
(d) A gas lamp and indoor plumbing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the young law student with whom Fantine falls in love in Part I – Fantine?
2. Where does Marius live in Book VIII of Part III – Marius?
3. Whom does Jean Valjean tell Cosette are chasing them in Book V of Part II – Cosette?
4. After discovering the handkerchief he believes is Cosette’s, Marius re-nicknames her what in Part III – Marius?
5. How does Jean Valjean escape at the end of Book VIII of Part III – Marius?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)