|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV - Saint Denis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Marius Pontmercy’s grandfather in Book II of Part III – Marius?
2. What bacterial infection swept through Europe in 1832, killing over 18,000 people in Paris?
(b) Necrotizing fasciitis.
3. What is the name of Marius Pontmercy’s father?
(a) Enjolras Pontmercy.
(b) Theodule Pontmercy.
(c) Georges Pontmercy.
(d) Gavroche Pontmercy.
4. To whom does Marius go for permission to marry Cosette in Book VIII of Part IV – Saint Denis?
(a) Monsieur Mabeuf.
(b) Colonel Georges Pontmercy.
(c) Monsieur Thenardier.
(d) Monsieur Gillenormand.
5. Jean Valjean crosses the River Seine over what in Book V of Part II – Cosette?
(a) The Austerlitz Bridge.
(b) The River Thames.
(c) The St. Mark’s Cathedral.
(d) The Eiffel Tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What letter is stitched on the handkerchief that Marius finds and believes to be Cosette’s in Part III – Marius?
2. What is the title of Book VII in Part IV – Saint Denis?
3. What is the name of Marius Pontmercy’s grandfather who raised him?
4. Where does Marius live in Book VIII of Part III – Marius?
5. Before he learns Cosette’s name, Marius refers to her as what nickname in Part III – Marius?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)