|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV - Saint Denis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the insurgents in the Paris Uprising of 1832 make their stronghold?
(c) The Faubourg Saint-Martin.
2. Book VII of Part IV – Saint Denis focuses on what?
(a) A detailed family history of Cosette.
(b) The Napoleonic Wars.
(c) The history of the French monarchy.
(d) Parisian street slang.
3. What nickname does Courfeyrac dub Jean Valjean prior to meeting him in Part III – Marius?
4. The Orion is a warship that is said to be docked where in Book II of Part II – Cosette?
5. How much money does Jean Valjean offer Fauchelevent to let him and Cosette spend the night at his lodgings in Book V of Part II – Cosette?
(a) 250 francs.
(b) 50 francs.
(c) 100 francs.
(d) 650 francs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what Paris suburb does Eponine tell Marius Cosette is living in Book II of Part IV – Saint Denis?
2. Fauchelevent tells the nuns that Jean Valjean is his brother named what in Book VIII of Part II – Cosette?
3. From what location does Gavroche rescue Thénardier in Book VI of Part IV – Saint Denis?
4. The nuns of the convent in Book VI of Part II – Cosette are an order founded by what Spaniard?
5. Who was overthrown in the 1830 July Revolution in France?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)