|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV - Saint Denis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date was the Battle of Waterloo fought?
(a) May 4, 1813.
(b) September 27, 1817.
(c) June 18, 1815.
(d) January 11, 1812.
2. What group in 1830 supported the deposed Bourbon dynasty?
(a) The Exclusionists.
(b) The Bonapartists.
(c) The Legitimists.
(d) The Democrats.
3. On what street are Cosette and Jean Valjean living in Book III of Part IV – Saint Denis?
(a) Rue Plumet.
(b) Rue Bauregarde.
(c) Rue Marais.
(d) Rue Halles.
4. What is the title of Book VIII of Part II – Cosette?
(b) “Paris Atomized.”
(c) “The Excellence of Misfortune.”
(d) “Cemeteries Take What is Given Them.”
5. How does Jean Valjean escape at the end of Book VIII of Part III – Marius?
(a) Through the window.
(b) Through the sewers.
(c) Through the attic.
(d) Through the basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was offered the throne after the 1830 July Revolution?
2. The street urchin named Gavroche in Part III – Marius is actually whose son?
3. What is the title of Book I of Part III – Marius?
4. What is the Paris Uprising of 1832 also known as?
5. The Thénardiers force Valjean to write a note summoning whom to the apartment in Book VIII of Part III – Marius?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)