|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By letter 148, whom has Danceny taken as a lover?
2. What advice does Madame de Volanges ask of Merteuil?
(a) Whether she should leave for Paris with Cécile.
(b) Whether she should ban Valmont from her home.
(c) Whether she should allow her daughter to marry Danceny.
(d) Whether she should move up the date of her daughter's wedding.
3. What does Valmont do when alone with Cécile in her room?
(a) He lectures her.
(b) He rapes her.
(c) He comforts her.
(d) He terrorizes her.
4. What does Danceny do to Merteuil, as reported by Madame de Volanges in letter 168?
(a) He publishes two of her shocking letters.
(b) He decides to forget her and the pain she caused.
(c) He marries her in secret, then they run away to Italy.
(d) He kills her in a fit of rage.
5. Who is Valmont's valet?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Valmont spent seducing Madame de Tourvel?
2. What does Cécile assert to Danceny after his letter reveals his suspicions?
3. What does Merteuil think is dull above all else?
4. What has Merteuil begun to think about Belleroche?
5. What does Valmont know Merteuil dislikes reading about?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)