|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 125 - 150.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As of letter 44, what has Madame de Tourvel done with Valmont's letters?
(a) Left them all unread and ignored.
(b) Saved and repaired them.
(c) Sent them to Madame de Volanges as evidence against Valmont.
(d) Burnt them.
2. How did Merteuil become adept at controlling her facial features?
(a) Her time as an actress gave her opportunities to practice facial expressions.
(b) She woke up one day and was suddenly able to control her features.
(c) By observing how other people conceal what they think or feel.
(d) As a child, her tutor of manners was strict and taught her well.
3. What does Merteuil do to get herself in the mood for sex with her lover?
(a) She gazes at herself in the mirror.
(b) She drinks wine.
(c) She reads.
(d) She daydreams.
4. What does Cécile assert to Danceny after his letter reveals his suspicions?
(a) That she will refuse to see him again.
(b) That if they will both be unhappy, it won't be entirely her fault.
(c) That her mother will never discover Cécile's plan.
(d) That she and Valmont decided not to listen to Danceny.
5. What does Madame de Tourvel do that makes Valmont despair?
(a) She leaves the country estate without telling him.
(b) She chooses to have an affair with Danceny.
(c) She has in fact tricked and seduced him, instead of the other way around.
(d) She sells her story of his seduction to the Paris newspapers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Madame de Tourvel staying while her husband is away?
2. How does Merteuil think of Madame de Tourvel?
3. What does Cécile tell Danceny in letter 49?
4. How does Valmont trick Madame de Volanges into receiving his second letter?
5. Who notified Madame de Volanges of Cécile and Danceny's romance?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)