|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 125 - 150.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Madame de Volanges ask of Merteuil?
(a) Whether she should ban Valmont from her home.
(b) Whether she should leave for Paris with Cécile.
(c) Whether she should move up the date of her daughter's wedding.
(d) Whether she should allow her daughter to marry Danceny.
2. How does Valmont make sure that Madame de Tourvel will read his first letter?
(a) He gives it to her maid to deliver to her.
(b) He leaves it in plain sight so she is forced to take it.
(c) He hides it in her writing desk so she will see it.
(d) He corners her and reads it aloud.
3. What happens to Prévan after Merteuil gets done with him?
(a) He proclaims himself innocent in a court of law.
(b) He duels with Merteuil's lover, Belleroche.
(c) He flees the country in disgrace.
(d) His commander orders his arrest.
4. Who wrote the Publisher's Foreword to _Les Liasons Dangerueses_?
(a) Choderlos de Laclos.
(b) Laclos' wife, Marie-Soulange Duperré.
(c) The Duke d'Orleans.
(d) The owner of the shop in which the book was printed.
5. How does Valmont give Cécile her letter from Danceny?
(a) He tosses it in her lap.
(b) He reads it aloud.
(c) He slips it under her bedroom door.
(d) He gives it to her on a walk in the countryside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valmont tell Danceny in letter 89?
2. What literary tradition does Coward see as applicable?
3. What is Valmont and Danceny's relationship as of letter 57?
4. How do today's readers of Laclos interpret his novel?
5. What has Merteuil begun to think about Belleroche?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)