|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 125 - 150.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the school-friend to whom Cécile writes?
2. What does Madame de Tourvel send to Madame de Rosemonde?
(a) A suicide note.
(b) A lock of her own hair.
(c) Madame de Volanges' private correspondence.
(d) Valmont's cruel letter.
3. How does Merteuil increase sympathy for herself?
(a) She claims to have been raped.
(b) She pretends to be ill.
(c) She keeps quiet and the mystery deepens.
(d) She asserts that Prévan robbed her.
4. Who are the two people Cécile admits she likes best?
(a) Danceny and Madame de Volanges.
(b) Merteuil and Madame de Rosemonde.
(c) Valmont and Merteuil.
(d) Merteuil and Danceny.
5. What does the author of the Editor's Preface claim he has done?
(a) Collected and organized real letters, and provided occasional notes.
(b) Translated these letters from another language into French.
(c) Written the story of his own group of friends into the form of letters.
(d) Written all the letters himself, from the perspective of fictional characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merteuil call the woman Valmont wishes to seduce?
2. In letter 26, what does Madame de Tourvel blame on her impassioned outburst?
3. What does Madame de Rosemonde offer Madame de Tourvel in her return letter?
4. By letter 148, whom has Danceny taken as a lover?
5. How does Valmont and Madame de Tourvel's first sexual encounter go?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)