|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 51 - 80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madame de Tourvel offer Valmont?
(a) Her friendship.
(b) Her hatred.
(c) Her body.
(d) Her undying love.
2. What does Laclos favor over the well-trained mind?
(a) A stout constitution.
(b) A sense of humor.
(c) A feeling heart.
(d) A high social station.
3. What does Danceny refuse to do, despite Madame de Volanges' request?
(a) Return Cécile's letters.
(b) Burn his letters.
(c) Travel abroad to forget Cécile.
(d) Marry another woman.
4. According to Merteuil in letter 10, which pretext do women use to submit to sexual pleasure with a man?
(a) Women use the excuse of weak-mindedness.
(b) Women come to secret agreements with their lovers.
(c) Women allow themselves to be raped.
(d) Women initiate their own seductions.
5. Where does Cécile live before coming home to Paris?
(a) On the streets.
(b) At a convent.
(c) With a family friend.
(d) With her elderly aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Valmont give Cécile her letter from Danceny?
2. How does Valmont force Madame de Tourvel's maid to help with his plans?
3. What advice does Cécile's friend offer regarding Danceny's letter?
4. Which place in the social hierarchy did Laclos' family occupy?
5. Why must Cécile's marriage be postponed?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)