|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Marquess of Mantua, Francesco Gonzaga, was taken hostage for three years in what location?
2. When Leonardo first came to Milan in 1482, he had hopes of working primarily as a what?
(a) An engineer.
(b) A portraitist.
(c) A court physician.
(d) A producer of theater productions.
3. The four universal conditions of men, according to Leonardo, were mirth, weeping, fighting, and what?
4. The most basic anatomical knowledge for a painter is the study of what?
5. The first version of Leonardo's painting Virgin of the Rocks was completed in what year?
6. The Florentine tradition known as disegno lineamentum used what to create forms and designs?
7. Leonardo first tackled the complexities of depicting shadows when drawing what kinds of objects during his training in Verrocchio's art studio?
(c) Pieces of fruit.
8. In the world of the Renaissance, what did a white ermine represent?
9. When Leonardo made an inventory of clothes he had stored inside a trunk, whose clothes were listed as being intermingled with his own?
10. During Savonarola's rule of Florence, a militia of what was organized to police the streets and to enforce moral righteousness?
(c) Young boys.
11. From whom did Isabella borrow a portrait by Leonardo so that she could decide which artist should paint her portrait?
(b) Lucrezia Borgia.
(c) Ludovico Borgia.
(d) Cecilia Gallerina.
12. The typical human has how many teeth?
13. Rather than being shown in profile, as was traditional, the subject of Lady with an Ermine is shown in what way?
(a) In three-quarters view.
(b) In full frontal view.
(c) From the neck up.
(d) From the knees up.
14. The center of medical research in Milan during the Renaissance was what university?
(a) The University of Sannio.
(b) The University of Bologna.
(c) The University of Catania.
(d) The University of Pavia.
15. In 1489, the portrait subject of Lady with an Ermine was 15 years old and lived not with her family, but with whom?
(a) Giovanni Sforza.
(b) Pope Alexander II.
(c) Ludovico Sforza.
(d) Cesare Borgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leonardo's packing list for his journey to enter the service of Cesare Borgia did NOT include which of the following items?
2. What type of paint did Leonardo use to create the work entitled Lady with an Ermine?
3. What was the man's name who became Pope Alexander VI?
4. Who used Cesare Borgia as a model of cleverness in his work The Prince?
5. Leonardo's initial anatomy studies of 1489 focused on what part of the body?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)