|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Stalin have his prison camps?
(c) Sakhalin Island.
2. What happened to the Eveni once they were herded into villages by the Soviets?
(a) They became good Russians.
(b) They became soldiers.
(c) They became alcoholics.
(d) They became prisoners of the regime.
3. What happened to some of those who executed the Polish officers?
(a) They were court martialed.
(b) They were executed themselves.
(c) They went mad and committed suicide.
(d) They faced military tribunals.
4. What was the work site where Colonel Tretetsky and his men worked?
(a) Mass graves.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A deserted village.
(d) An old factory.
5. Despite the Kremlin's best efforts, who accelerated the shattering of the Communist Party?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the title of the letter published in the Sovetskaya Rossiya that contradicted everything Gorbachev, Yakovlev, and the liberal intelligentsia had been saying?
2. What did Gorbachev study at Moscow State University?
3. Approximately how many prisoners died working on the Moscow-Volga Canal built from 1932 to 1937?
4. Why was the Party so against the publication of Solzhenitsyn's books and his return to the Soviet Union?
5. Where did Remnick meet a free man who was an itinerant fisherman?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)