|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1968, what was Alexander Dubcek's attempt to create "socialism with a human face" called?
(a) Czech Socialism.
(b) Czechoslovakia Freedom.
(c) Czech demonstration.
(d) Prague Spring.
2. What happened to some of those who executed the Polish officers?
(a) They faced military tribunals.
(b) They were executed themselves.
(c) They were court martialed.
(d) They went mad and committed suicide.
3. Where did Gorbachev grow up?
4. Who did Remnick tell Flora Litvinov he was looking for?
5. How much would foreign television stations have had to pay for a videotape of Sakharov's last days?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the healer on the program "120 Minutes"?
2. Who did Stalin blame for the murders of Polish military officers in the 1940s?
3. What young politician was elected chairman of the October District in Moscow during the first elections?
4. During what years had Lithuania been a free country?
5. During the Khrushchev years, what Solzhenitsyn manuscript was authorized to be run in Novy Mir?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)