|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Remnick compare Memorial to?
(a) The Holocaust Museum in Washington, D.C.
(b) Dachau Memorial.
(c) Buchenwald Monument.
(d) Yad Vashem in Jerusalem.
2. Where did Yakovlev study abroad?
(b) Cambridge University.
(d) Columbia University.
3. During the Gorbachev era, what did old women sell in city parks as a vaccine against Aids?
(a) Copper bracelets.
(b) Bottled medicines made mostly of alcohol.
(c) Herbal sachets.
4. What does one Eveni descendant say the Soviets did to his people?
(a) Helped them become traders.
(b) Helped them become farmers.
(c) Destroyed their culture.
(d) Committed genocide.
5. Approximately how many prisoners died working on the Moscow-Volga Canal built from 1932 to 1937?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did the Bolsheviks size power in Russia?
2. Who wrote the saga of Rome's decline and fall?
3. What kept the Soviet economy going for awhile?
4. Who did Stalin blame for the murders of Polish military officers in the 1940s?
5. Where did Men teach courses on religion?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)