|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did young Soviet reporters learn how to interview members of the political establishment?
(a) By asking reporters from Britain questions.
(b) By taking classes in the West.
(c) By talking with reporters from the U.S.
(d) By watching Western reporters.
2. What did Brezhnev want from the Uzbeks?
3. Remnick saw a man with no legs on his way to the Lenin Library. How was the man getting around?
(a) Using a wheelchair.
(b) Using crutches.
(c) Using a wagon.
(d) Pushing himself on a dolly cart.
4. Who did Stalin blame for the murders of Polish military officers in the 1940s?
(a) The Czechs.
(b) The Poles.
(c) The Nazis.
(d) The French.
5. Who was Bukharian's wife?
(a) Larisa Bogoraz.
(b) Anna Larina.
(c) Nina Andreyeva.
(d) Zoya Belayeva.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Remnick compare Memorial to?
2. Who did Andropov want to succeed him when he died?
3. Where was Yakovlev when the letter in the Sovetskaya Rossiya was published on March 13?
4. Who at the Central Committee's ideology office was behind the March 13 letter in Sovetskaya Rossiya?
5. What happened to some of those who executed the Polish officers?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)