|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kept the Soviet economy going for awhile?
(a) Steel production.
(b) Oil revenue and the energy crisis.
(d) Exports of wheat.
2. What baseball player was the hero of Vadim Kilakov, the Spooner's catcher at Mendeleyev?
(a) Roger Clemens.
(b) Robin Ventura.
(c) Gary Carter.
(d) Pedro Martinez.
3. When Remnick was in Moscow, who was the last survivor of the Doctors' Plot?
(a) Dmitri Barshevsky.
(b) Yakov Rapoport.
(c) Anatoly Anayev.
(d) Grigori Baklanov.
4. Where did Stalin study?
(a) Historical Archives Institute.
(b) A Russian orthodox seminary.
(c) Scientific Industrial Union.
(d) Military Collegium.
5. What was the name of the last prison for political prisoners?
(c) Solovetsk Special Camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Remnick realize that the threats against the Jews in 1988 were serious?
2. How long after Gorbachev's 1989 visit to Berlin did the Berlin wall collapse?
3. To whom did some followers compare Father Aleksandr Men?
4. Who at the Central Committee's ideology office was behind the March 13 letter in Sovetskaya Rossiya?
5. How did Dmitri Vasiliyev say Russian children were being turned into alcoholics by the Jews?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)