|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the people at Spasskaya get their food?
(a) Buy it in Ashkhabad.
(b) Grow it on the collective.
(c) Buy it in Vologda.
(d) Grow it in their garden plots.
2. Who betrayed Aleksandr Medvedev?
(a) Anatoly Kapustin.
(b) Boris Chagin.
(c) Nikolai Petrakov.
(d) Yuri Kukushkin.
3. What does Remnick compare Memorial to?
(a) Dachau Memorial.
(b) The Holocaust Museum in Washington, D.C.
(c) Yad Vashem in Jerusalem.
(d) Buchenwald Monument.
4. Who succeeded Brezhnev?
5. Why was Likhachev sentenced to a five-year term in a labor camp?
(a) For suggesting the restoration of the letter "yat" to the Russian language.
(b) For writing a book about literature.
(c) For suggesting that ethnic languages be left alone.
(d) For writing a book about language.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did Bukharian's wife spend in prison or exile?
2. Which Russian author wrote about Sakhalin Island?
3. Why did the letter that was published March 13 in Sovetskaya Rossiya also run in newspapers across the country?
4. What newspaper did Len Karpinsky work for and later edit?
5. In English, what is the title of Yerofeyev's book?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)