|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Polish officers were killed every night for a month in April of 1940?
2. How old was Dmitri Yorosov when he started filling out index cards with the names of people who disappeared?
(a) 11 years old.
(b) 18 years old.
(c) 30 years old.
(d) 25 years old.
3. Where did Gorbachev grow up?
4. When did Gorbachev take office?
(a) December 1984.
(b) March 1985.
(c) January 1985.
(d) March 1986.
5. How did the regime support itself under Brezhnev, Andropov, and Chernenko?
(a) Tobacco exports.
(b) Cotton exports.
(c) Oil profits.
(d) Steel profits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did both Lenin and Stalin use to advertise the Revolution?
2. Where did Aleksandr Yakovlev almost die during World War II?
3. How many index cards did Dmitri Yurosov manage to accumulate in eighteen months at the archive of the Supreme Court?
4. What group was attacked sometime between the Andreyeva affair and the Nineteenth Party Conference in June 1988?
5. How did the Baltic republics win their independence?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)