|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Aleksandr Yakovlev almost die during World War II?
(a) A battlefield outside Leningrad.
(b) A battlefield outside Berlin.
(c) A battlefield outside Stalingrad.
(d) A battlefield outside Moscow.
2. What group was attacked sometime between the Andreyeva affair and the Nineteenth Party Conference in June 1988?
(c) Crimean Tatars.
3. Who replaced Ligachev as party ideologist?
(a) Vadim Medvedev.
(b) Oleg Falkovich.
(c) Vladimir Dolgikh.
(d) Dmitri Chegodayev.
4. Where did Stalin study?
(a) A Russian orthodox seminary.
(b) Scientific Industrial Union.
(c) Military Collegium.
(d) Historical Archives Institute.
5. What was Karpinsky's job after entering Moscow State University in 1947?
(a) Party leader.
(c) Propaganda man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the czars have their prison camps?
2. Where did Sakharov's body lie in state?
3. Where did Yelena Chukovskaya send an article appealing to the government to return Solzhenitsyn's citizenship?
4. What was the name of the last prison for political prisoners?
5. How much would Remnick have been charged for a phone that had the capability to call abroad?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)