|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Akhmadzhan Adylov say was his ancestor?
(a) Frederick William I.
(c) Tamerlane the Great.
(d) Ghangis Khan.
2. When did Sakharov die?
(a) October 24, 1989.
(b) May 14, 1989.
(c) January 4, 1990.
(d) December 14, 1989.
3. What statue was across the street from Remnick's apartment?
4. Remnick saw a man with no legs on his way to the Lenin Library. How was the man getting around?
(a) Pushing himself on a dolly cart.
(b) Using crutches.
(c) Using a wagon.
(d) Using a wheelchair.
5. What was the name of the last prison for political prisoners?
(b) Solovetsk Special Camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was one of the key plotters in the August coup?
2. When was Gorbachev born?
3. When Remnick was in Moscow, who was the last survivor of the Doctors' Plot?
4. How much would foreign television stations have had to pay for a videotape of Sakharov's last days?
5. What was Karpinsky's job after entering Moscow State University in 1947?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)