|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statue was across the street from Remnick's apartment?
2. What did Brezhnev want from the Uzbeks?
3. What news did Tretetsky and his men learn on August 21, 1991?
(a) They have to stop digging.
(b) Gorbachev has stepped down.
(c) The coup has failed.
(d) The coup was successful.
4. What play did Yegor Ligachev and other Party ideologues object to?
(a) Bravo, Rosa.
(c) Forward, Forward.
(d) Onward, Onward, Onward.
5. How did the regime support itself under Brezhnev, Andropov, and Chernenko?
(a) Oil profits.
(b) Tobacco exports.
(c) Steel profits.
(d) Cotton exports.
Short Answer Questions
1. What young socialist from Philadelphia came to the Soviet Union in 1932?
2. What does one Eveni descendant say the Soviets did to his people?
3. Who was Bukharian's wife?
4. What did Sakharov love most of all in life, according to Yelena Bonner?
5. What did Remnick see when he was talking to an old man whose wife had leukemia?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)