|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the title of the letter published in the Sovetskaya Rossiya that contradicted everything Gorbachev, Yakovlev, and the liberal intelligentsia had been saying?
(a) I Cannot Forsake Principles.
(b) History of Socialism.
(c) A Letter from a Chemistry Teacher.
(d) Nina's Letter.
2. When Remnick was in Moscow, who was the last survivor of the Doctors' Plot?
(a) Yakov Rapoport.
(b) Dmitri Barshevsky.
(c) Grigori Baklanov.
(d) Anatoly Anayev.
3. Who did Stalin blame for the murders of Polish military officers in the 1940s?
(a) The Nazis.
(b) The French.
(c) The Poles.
(d) The Czechs.
4. Who at the Central Committee's ideology office was behind the March 13 letter in Sovetskaya Rossiya?
5. Which former cellmate of Solzhenitsyn was a role model for Pavel Litvinov?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the letter that was published March 13 in Sovetskaya Rossiya also run in newspapers across the country?
2. What play did Yegor Ligachev and other Party ideologues object to?
3. What was the news on August 19, 1991?
4. When did Gorbachev give a speech designed to manipulate the historical debate and to "spit on Stalin"?
5. When was Sakharov allowed to return to Moscow?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)