|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting for the books Journey into the Whirlwind and The Burn.
2. What textbook did Stalin supervise and have fifty million copies published?
(a) History of the Communist Party.
(b) Short Course.
(c) Let History Judge.
(d) Determinist History.
3. What did Sakharov love most of all in life, according to Yelena Bonner?
(a) His wife.
(b) Radio background emanation.
(c) Mussorgsky's music.
(d) The poem "Requiem."
4. What was the legacy of collectivization?
(a) Food production increased.
(b) The peasants increased their standard of living.
(c) Young people moved to the farms to work there.
(d) More than seven thousand ruined villages.
5. What society did Pavel belong to that tells him that there could be enemies anywhere, even at home?
(a) Stalin Youth.
(c) Timur Society.
(d) Communist Youth Organization.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gorbachev study at Moscow State University?
2. What does Remnick compare Memorial to?
3. Who did Stalin blame for the murders of Polish military officers in the 1940s?
4. How much would Remnick have been charged for a phone that had the capability to call abroad?
5. Despite the Kremlin's best efforts, who accelerated the shattering of the Communist Party?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)