|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which former cellmate of Solzhenitsyn was a role model for Pavel Litvinov?
2. What was the news on August 19, 1991?
(a) That there is an uprising in the Ukraine.
(b) That Gorbachev had died.
(c) That there is an uprising in the Balkan states.
(d) That the State Committee had assumed power.
3. How big was Remnick's Moscow apartment?
(a) Two rooms.
(b) Five rooms.
(c) One room.
(d) Four rooms.
4. Who was Bukharian's wife?
(a) Zoya Belayeva.
(b) Nina Andreyeva.
(c) Larisa Bogoraz.
(d) Anna Larina.
5. How many Polish officers were killed every night for a month in April of 1940?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Tretetsky serve before being assigned to the Military Prosecutor's Office?
2. Why was Tretetsky receiving phone calls all day on August 19, 1991?
3. How many Polish soldiers were killed the first night in Kalinin?
4. Remnick saw a man with no legs on his way to the Lenin Library. How was the man getting around?
5. When did Gorbachev give a speech designed to manipulate the historical debate and to "spit on Stalin"?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)