|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who succeeded Brezhnev?
2. What happened to some of those who executed the Polish officers?
(a) They were court martialed.
(b) They faced military tribunals.
(c) They went mad and committed suicide.
(d) They were executed themselves.
3. Who was one of the key plotters in the August coup?
(c) Vladimir Tokaryev.
(d) Valery Boldin.
4. When did Gorbachev give a speech designed to manipulate the historical debate and to "spit on Stalin"?
(a) December 5, 1987.
(b) November 4, 1990.
(c) November 2, 1987.
(d) November 16, 1985.
5. What was Pavel's sentence for demonstrating at Red Square in 1968?
(a) 5 years in Siberia.
(b) 10 years hard labor.
(c) 15 years in Siberia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which former cellmate of Solzhenitsyn was a role model for Pavel Litvinov?
2. Who would be undermined if the truth about the massacres is revealed?
3. What news did Tretetsky and his men learn on August 21, 1991?
4. How many Polish soldiers were killed the first night in Kalinin?
5. Remnick saw a man with no legs on his way to the Lenin Library. How was the man getting around?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)