|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the work site where Colonel Tretetsky and his men worked?
(a) An old factory.
(b) Mass graves.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A deserted village.
2. What did Remnick see when he was talking to an old man whose wife had leukemia?
(a) An old grandmother.
(b) Men playing dominoes.
(c) A cat thrown out of a window.
(d) A tenant evicted.
3. Remnick saw a man with no legs on his way to the Lenin Library. How was the man getting around?
(a) Pushing himself on a dolly cart.
(b) Using crutches.
(c) Using a wagon.
(d) Using a wheelchair.
4. What news did Tretetsky and his men learn on August 21, 1991?
(a) The coup has failed.
(b) The coup was successful.
(c) Gorbachev has stepped down.
(d) They have to stop digging.
5. What society did Pavel belong to that tells him that there could be enemies anywhere, even at home?
(a) Communist Youth Organization.
(b) Timur Society.
(d) Stalin Youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was one of the key plotters in the August coup?
2. What kept the Soviet economy going for awhile?
3. In 1974, who was the first man forcibly exiled from the Soviet Union since Trotsky?
4. Who would be undermined if the truth about the massacres is revealed?
5. When did the return of history begin?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)