|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stella's mother invites her to _____________.
2. What does the graffiti at the school say?
3. What is inside the envelope that Stella carries around with her?
4. What is the name of the beautiful girl who approaches Charlie?
5. Why is Charlie so exhausted on Friday?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Charlie burn himself?
2. How did Olivia's father end up in prison?
3. How does Mo upset Charlie?
4. How does Charlie react to Mo rejecting him in this section?
5. What is the band's punishment for the political tirade at the dance?
6. What problems is Mo having with Charlie?
7. Describe the band's prison visit.
8. How does Wen bash his lips in this section?
9. What does Olivia write in her letter to Ted in this section?
10. What problems does Mo have with her father in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Away from the main characters, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Mrs. Reznik enthusiastic about the children's music? What does her reaction say about her own character and experiences?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)