|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wen's father do when he hears Wen's song on the radio?
2. Why is Charlie so exhausted on Friday?
3. Where have the students printed Olivia's face?
4. What does Stella's mom say she is thinking of doing at work?
5. Whom is Scott trying to upset in this section?
Essay Topic 1
What problems does the school's emphasis on sports cause the students and teachers? Why is it important to focus on all subjects rather than just one?
Essay Topic 2
What statement does the story make about friendship? Do you disagree or agree with the author's opinion? What is your own opinion on friendship?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)