|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Wen's brother?
2. What color has Stella dyed her hair at the end of this section?
3. Whom does Olivia write to in this section?
4. What lesson does Wen say he will probably be late for?
5. What subject does Mrs. Reznik teach?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Charlie get into trouble in his music class?
2. Why does Olivia say she likes Wen so much?
3. What problems does Olivia say she is currently having in her life?
4. What problems does Wen have at his presentation?
5. Why are the band so upset about the removal of the lemonade machine?
6. Why does Olivia decide to skip class in this section?
7. Describe Mo's time at the temple?
8. Why does Naomi like going to Mo's house?
9. How does Stella get into trouble with her mother in this section?
10. What is Wen's opinion of Dizzy Gillespie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the band. What do they learn about themselves through their experiences together? How has their character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure including exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)