|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mo say Charlie makes nervous?
2. Which of the following words does Stella use to describe her school in New England?
3. What is the first line of Olivia's lyrics?
4. What does Charlie's brother Aaron tell him to do in his dream?
5. Which character can play the drums?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Olivia say she is currently having in her life?
2. Why does Olivia decide to skip class in this section?
3. Why does Olivia say she likes Wen so much?
4. How does Charlie get into trouble in his music class?
5. What does Olivia write in her letter to her father in this section?
6. What does Stella say about Mo in this section?
7. How does Wen react to father's news about Sydney in this section?
8. What does Mrs. Reznik tell the children in this section?
9. How does Stella get into trouble in this section?
10. What problems do the band have during the final practice in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Olivia's estrangement affect her and the decisions she makes in the book? How do you think she can resolve her problems?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)