|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scott Pickett wave like?
2. Whom does Olivia write a letter to in this section?
3. What is Naomi's surname?
4. What kind of cookies does Sydney want to make for Wen and George?
5. What kind of meat does Steall talk about at the dining hall table?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Olivia write in her letter to her father in this section?
2. Why does Olivia decide to skip class in this section?
3. What problems does Olivia say she is currently having in her life?
4. Why does Stella change her appearance?
5. What does Stella say about Mo in this section?
6. How does Charlie get into trouble in his music class?
7. Describe Bruno's Pizza Planet?
8. What does Wen think about his father's new girlfriend?
9. How does Stella get into trouble with her mother in this section?
10. Describe Stella's dinner with her family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way do the parents contribute to a lot of the problems the children in the book suffer from? What do you think they could learn from the story?
Essay Topic 2
How accurate is the representation of American high school life? Which elements of the representation are accurate and which are inaccurate?
Essay Topic 3
How does Olivia's estrangement affect her and the decisions she makes in the book? How do you think she can resolve her problems?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)