|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Charlie's dead brother?
2. What kind of badges does Mo say the band are wearing in this section?
3. Why is it a good thing that Stella attacks the popular boy?
4. What is Wen's father's girlfriend's name?
5. What does Stella say she felt self-conscious about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Olivia decide to skip class in this section?
2. What is Wen's opinion of Dizzy Gillespie?
3. How does Stella get into trouble with her mother in this section?
4. What does Olivia write in her letter to her father in this section?
5. Why has the soda machine been taken away?
6. What does Mrs. Reznik tell the children in this section?
7. How does Scott react to Mo being in the Lemonade Mouth Band?
8. How does Charlie get into trouble in his music class?
9. How do the band get their name in this section?
10. How does Mo get into trouble in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
What statement does the story make about popularity? Do you disagree or agree with the author's opinion? What is your own opinion on popularity?
Essay Topic 3
Away from the main characters, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)