|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mo say she has underestimated?
2. Who says they can't join the band because they are taking eight courses that semester?
3. What is the name of the Hindu Christmas?
4. Whom does Stella call a human pressure cooker?
5. What band is playing at the Halloween bash?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stella change her appearance?
2. Why are the band so upset about the removal of the lemonade machine?
3. What relationship problems is Mo having?
4. How does Mo get into trouble in this section?
5. Describe Stella's dinner with her family?
6. Describe Mo's time at the temple?
7. What does Olivia write in her letter to her father in this section?
8. What is Wen's opinion of Dizzy Gillespie?
9. How does Wen react to father's news about Sydney in this section?
10. Why does Olivia say she likes Wen so much?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What positive changes does Stella make to the school? What does the changes she makes the person she is in the book suggest what will she will become in the future?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the band. What do they learn about themselves through their experiences together? How has their character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure including exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)