|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Wen describe as clean cut as they came?
(b) Her father.
2. What kind of movies does Naomi like watching with Mo and her family?
(a) British movies.
(b) Bollywood movies.
(c) French movies.
(d) Hollywood movies.
3. Who does Charlie say is lower than him on the social totem pole?
4. What band is playing at the Halloween bash?
(b) Bopping Bills.
(c) Cutting Edge.
(d) Mudslide Crush.
5. What kind of meat does Steall talk about at the dining hall table?
(a) Contaminated meat.
(b) Foreign meat.
(c) Processed meat.
(d) Fresh meat.
6. Whom does Mo say she has underestimated?
7. What musician is Wen listening to on his headphones?
(a) John Lennon.
(b) Dizzy Gillespie.
(c) Miles Davis.
(d) Ornette Coleman.
8. What subject does Mrs. Reznik teach?
9. Why is it a good thing that Stella attacks the popular boy?
(a) The band gets a name for itself.
(b) Olivia doesn't get hurt.
(c) The popular boy becomes their friend.
(d) Charlie was about to get punched.
10. Which character can play the drums?
11. What magazine is Naomi flicking through instead of concentrating on her essay?
(a) Vanity Fair.
(b) Rolling Stone.
(d) New Musical Express.
12. Whom does Olivia write to in this section?
13. What does Stella tell her mother it is easier to get than permission?
(a) A prison sentence.
14. What does Stella say she felt self-conscious about?
(a) How much she needed a boyfriend.
(b) How boring her hair was.
(c) How much she had grown over the summer.
(d) How girly her clothes were.
15. What does Wen call middle school in this section?
(b) Shallow waters.
(c) The land of Nod.
(d) Icy waters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charlie think it is sad to see the back of the lemonade machine?
2. Whom does Olivia write to in this section?
3. By what name does Mo call her father?
4. What color has Stella dyed her hair at the end of this section?
5. What is Naomi's surname?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)