|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tristan goes to deliver some whiskey for a party at Alfred's house, hoping to do what?
2. How does Tristan complete the mission?
3. What does Tristan learn when he visits Alfred in the hospital?
4. What does Susannah get Tristan to do?
5. Tristan finally tells Susannah of his plans to meet his grandfather where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tristan do during the six years he spends at sea?
2. Why does Ludlow send One Stab to Helena?
3. How does Tristan play a role in Susannah's suicide?
4. How does a woman end up with Samuel's gold pocket watch?
5. How does Ludlow feel after allowing the boys to go to war?
6. How does Alfred feel about Susannah? Does she feel the same in return?
7. What does Phillip discuss philosophically that seems to upset Nordstrom?
8. What takes place directly after Sonia's graduation?
9. What does Nordstrom discuss with his psychiatrist?
10. How does Tristan spend seven years with his new wife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in REVENGE feel regret.
Part 1) Why do they feel regret? What are the causes of this regret?
Part 2) How does this regret influence their actions? How does it affect the plot?
Part 3) How could this regret have been avoided? How might this have altered the plot, as well as the outcome of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Nordstrom suddenly has intense feelings.
Part 1) When do these feelings occur? What might be causing these feelings?
Part 2) How do these feelings influence decisions he makes?
Part 3) How do these feelings affect those who are close to Nordstrom?
Essay Topic 3
Susannah commits suicide.
Part 1) Why does she commit suicide? What foreshadows her suicide? Could her suicide have been prevented? Why or why not?
Part 2) What role does Tristan play in Susannah's suicide? How could he have acted differently to possibly prevent this act?
Part 3) How does Tristan learn of Susannah's death? Why does he learn about it in this way? What does this reveal about Alfred?
Part 4) How does her death affect the other characters and the plot of the story? How might the story have ended if she had not died? Use the text to support your response.
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)