|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nordstrom walks from Brookline to Cambridge for what?
2. Susannah tells Tristan that she plans to do what?
3. Susannah's father, Arthur, comes to Montana for a sporting expedition and buys what as a wedding present?
4. What does Tristan learn when he visits Alfred in the hospital?
5. A tall black man named Slats and his Italian friend named Berto come in and do what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Backstories are given about Nordstrom.
Part 1) What are these backstories? What purpose do they serve?
Part 2) Are these necessary to understand Nordstrom? Why or why not?
Part 3) What is significant and/or symbolic about these backstories? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters in REVENGE feel regret.
Part 1) Why do they feel regret? What are the causes of this regret?
Part 2) How does this regret influence their actions? How does it affect the plot?
Part 3) How could this regret have been avoided? How might this have altered the plot, as well as the outcome of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Symbolism exists in REVENGE.
Part 1) Describe two examples of symbolism. Of what are they symbolic?
Part 2) How does this symbolism enhance the story?
Part 3) How does this symbolism or that which is being symbolized support a theme in this story?
This section contains 1,376 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)