|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nordstrom want to be?
2. Where does Tristan take a leave?
3. Nordstrom has insomnia and dances without music for what reason?
4. Why does the British officer release the ship?
5. The honyocker's daughter leaves with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tristan spend seven years with his new wife?
2. How does a woman end up with Samuel's gold pocket watch?
3. What takes place at the meeting between Nordstrom, Sarah, and Slats?
4. What takes place when most of the people have left the dinner?
5. Why is Susannah feeling better in the new house in Helena?
6. What takes place during Sarah and Nordstrom's meeting?
7. What happens when Tristan comes down with dysentery?
8. How does Tristan escape the hospital? What does he do after his escape?
9. Why does Tristan marry Susannah? How does Susannah seem to feel about him? How do you know this?
10. What does Tristan do during the six years he spends at sea?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters suffer in REVENGE.
Part 1) Which characters suffer? How and why do each of them suffer?
Part 2) How is the theme of gaining control connected to this suffering?
Part 3) Is this suffering and conflict resolved by the end of the story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Backstories are given about Nordstrom.
Part 1) What are these backstories? What purpose do they serve?
Part 2) Are these necessary to understand Nordstrom? Why or why not?
Part 3) What is significant and/or symbolic about these backstories? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Nordstrom suddenly has intense feelings.
Part 1) When do these feelings occur? What might be causing these feelings?
Part 2) How do these feelings influence decisions he makes?
Part 3) How do these feelings affect those who are close to Nordstrom?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)