|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. One Stab accompanies Tristan to the train station and gives Tristan what, which Tristan keeps until his death at age eighty-four?
2. What happens after Tristan asks Ludlow to remember that Alfred is his son?
3. Nordstrom walks from Brookline to Cambridge for what?
4. Sarah offers him a line of cocaine, but what does Nordstrom want?
5. How does Susannah feel about Tristan leaving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nordstrom do to Berto?
2. Why does Ludlow send One Stab to Helena?
3. How does Nordstrom spend his time at his going-away party?
4. What does Nordstrom do with his money?
5. What happens once Alfred arrives?
6. What takes place at the meeting between Nordstrom, Sarah, and Slats?
7. What are the consequences for Tristan's beating of the officer?
8. What does Nordstrom write in his diary?
9. How does Tristan escape the hospital? What does he do after his escape?
10. How does Ludlow feel after allowing the boys to go to war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Flashbacks are used in REVENGE.
Part 1) Describe the flashbacks. What information is revealed through these flashbacks?
Part 2) How do these flashbacks help the plot move forward?
Part 3) Are these flashbacks necessary for understanding the characters and the plot? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Samuel's death is significant.
Part 1) How does Samuel die? How do his family and friends react? Why do the react this way?
Part 2) Why is his death significant? How does it affect the plot?
Part 3) How different would the story be if Samuel had not died? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Nordstrom's encounters with Berto and Slats are significant.
Part 1) Describe the encounters. How does Nordstrom handle these situations?
Part 2) What do these encounters reveal about him?
Part 3) How do these encounters change Nordstrom's life? How do the events prior to these encounters influence his behavior during these encounters?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)