|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nordstrom has insomnia and dances without music for what reason?
2. Tristan sends a picture of himself with what to One Stab?
3. How does Tristan complete the mission?
4. What happens after Ludlow sends Decker to Helena for supplies?
5. He writes in his journal, thinking again about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ludlow send One Stab to Helena?
2. What does Tristan do to two of the Irishmen that are out to kill him?
3. What does Phillip discuss philosophically that seems to upset Nordstrom?
4. What happens once Alfred arrives?
5. What happens when Tristan comes down with dysentery?
6. How does Alfred feel about Susannah? Does she feel the same in return?
7. Why is Susannah feeling better in the new house in Helena?
8. How does this story end?
9. What does Nordstrom write in his diary?
10. How does Tristan escape the hospital? What does he do after his escape?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Backstories are given about Nordstrom.
Part 1) What are these backstories? What purpose do they serve?
Part 2) Are these necessary to understand Nordstrom? Why or why not?
Part 3) What is significant and/or symbolic about these backstories? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Flashbacks are used in REVENGE.
Part 1) Describe the flashbacks. What information is revealed through these flashbacks?
Part 2) How do these flashbacks help the plot move forward?
Part 3) Are these flashbacks necessary for understanding the characters and the plot? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Nordstrom does not respect himself.
Part 1) Why does he not respect himself? How does he show this?
Part 2) How do Nordstrom's feelings towards himself affect the decisions he makes and his relationships with others?
Part 3) How do Nordstrom's feelings about himself change as the story progresses? How do these changes take place?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)