|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The brothers' father, Ludlow, regrets what?
2. Tristan goes to deliver some whiskey for a party at Alfred's house, hoping to do what?
3. Nordstrom walks from Brookline to Cambridge for what?
4. Nordstrom meets with Sonia and the broker and convinces them of his convictions by giving money to who?
5. Where does Ludlow's wife, Isabel, spend her winters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nordstrom has feelings of death and loss.
Part 1) What causes these feelings? How do these feelings affect him?
Part 2) How do these feelings begin to change? What might be causing this change? How do you know this?
Part 3) How do these feelings lead him to dream of being a chef by the sea?
Essay Topic 2
A theme of REVENGE is taking control of one's life.
Part 1) How is this a theme? Which characters attempt this? How?
Part 2) Are the characters successful at controlling their lives? Why or why not?
Part 3) How is this theme relevant to real life? How can the reader relate to the characters in this story?
Essay Topic 3
Many characters in REVENGE feel regret.
Part 1) Why do they feel regret? What are the causes of this regret?
Part 2) How does this regret influence their actions? How does it affect the plot?
Part 3) How could this regret have been avoided? How might this have altered the plot, as well as the outcome of the story?
This section contains 1,393 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)