|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. He walks home the next morning and is upset by seeing what?
2. Tristan sends a picture of himself with what to One Stab?
3. What alerts Nordstrom to Berto's entrance?
4. Nordstrom's financial adviser insists that Nordstrom see who?
5. Nordstrom goes to the ceremony and reception for Sonia's college graduation and is somehow surprised about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ludlow feel after allowing the boys to go to war?
2. How does Nordstrom spend his time at his going-away party?
3. What are the consequences for Tristan's beating of the officer?
4. What happens when Tristan comes down with dysentery?
5. How does a woman end up with Samuel's gold pocket watch?
6. What does Tristan do when Susannah says she plans on killing herself? How does this affect her?
7. Why does Tristan marry Susannah? How does Susannah seem to feel about him? How do you know this?
8. What does Phillip discuss philosophically that seems to upset Nordstrom?
9. What does Nordstrom do with his money?
10. What does Nordstrom discuss with his psychiatrist?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Flashbacks are used in REVENGE.
Part 1) Describe the flashbacks. What information is revealed through these flashbacks?
Part 2) How do these flashbacks help the plot move forward?
Part 3) Are these flashbacks necessary for understanding the characters and the plot? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters in REVENGE feel regret.
Part 1) Why do they feel regret? What are the causes of this regret?
Part 2) How does this regret influence their actions? How does it affect the plot?
Part 3) How could this regret have been avoided? How might this have altered the plot, as well as the outcome of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Nordstrom does not respect himself.
Part 1) Why does he not respect himself? How does he show this?
Part 2) How do Nordstrom's feelings towards himself affect the decisions he makes and his relationships with others?
Part 3) How do Nordstrom's feelings about himself change as the story progresses? How do these changes take place?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)