|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cochran and the Texan spend the night in the rancher's guest house, where what happens?
2. A year later, Nordstrom goes where to get out of the rain?
3. Why does the friend suggest that Cochran leave the mission soon?
4. Tibey gets Miryea presentable and takes her where?
5. Miryea becomes so ill that what happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nordstrom do to Berto?
2. Why is Susannah feeling better in the new house in Helena?
3. How does Nordstrom realize that Laura has feelings for him?
4. What does Nordstrom do with his money?
5. What happens when Cochran is dying?
6. How does Ludlow feel after allowing the boys to go to war?
7. What does Tristan do when Susannah says she plans on killing herself? How does this affect her?
8. What takes place directly after Sonia's graduation?
9. How does Isabel Two die?
10. What does Tibey do to try to make amends?
Essay Topic 1
A theme of REVENGE is taking control of one's life.
Part 1) How is this a theme? Which characters attempt this? How?
Part 2) Are the characters successful at controlling their lives? Why or why not?
Part 3) How is this theme relevant to real life? How can the reader relate to the characters in this story?
Essay Topic 2
Laura and Nordstrom's relationship is sexual.
Part 1) How does this affect their marriage? Why does it affect their marriage this way?
Part 2) How does this reflect Nordstrom's feelings about himself?
Part 3) How does their relationship affect their daughter? How does Nordstrom go about remedying his relationship with his daughter? What are your feelings about how he does this? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Many characters in REVENGE feel regret.
Part 1) Why do they feel regret? What are the causes of this regret?
Part 2) How does this regret influence their actions? How does it affect the plot?
Part 3) How could this regret have been avoided? How might this have altered the plot, as well as the outcome of the story?
This section contains 1,987 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)