Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nordstrom cooks for twenty before what?
2. Nordstrom tries to talk to Laura about changing his life and gets what instead?
3. What happens after one of Sonia's friends makes a move on Nordstrom?
4. Nordstrom tells Sonia and her boyfriend, Phillip, to invite who?
5. When do Nordstrom and Laura marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Texan?
2. What does Cochran do while he recuperates?
3. What does Nordstrom do in the tavern?
4. How does Ludlow feel after allowing the boys to go to war?
5. How does Nordstrom's sexual potency return?
6. How do the boys learn of Samuel's death? How does Tristan react to his death?
7. What does Nordstrom write in his diary?
8. What does Cochran's friend offer to do for him?
9. How does Tristan escape the hospital? What does he do after his escape?
10. What happens after Tibey and Cochran's reconciliation?
Essay Topic 1
Laura and Nordstrom's relationship is sexual.
Part 1) How does this affect their marriage? Why does it affect their marriage this way?
Part 2) How does this reflect Nordstrom's feelings about himself?
Part 3) How does their relationship affect their daughter? How does Nordstrom go about remedying his relationship with his daughter? What are your feelings about how he does this? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Nordstrom has feelings of death and loss.
Part 1) What causes these feelings? How do these feelings affect him?
Part 2) How do these feelings begin to change? What might be causing this change? How do you know this?
Part 3) How do these feelings lead him to dream of being a chef by the sea?
Essay Topic 3
Susannah and Tristan make destructive decisions.
Part 1) What destructive decisions do each of them make? Why do they make these decisions? What do these decisions reveal about each of these characters?
Part 2) How do events previously mentioned in this story affect the decisions made by Susannah and Tristan?
Part 3) How do these decisions affect the outcome of this story? How do the decisions made by each of these characters affect the other character?
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)