|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tibey moves Miryea to an asylum and does what to keep her there?
2. Nordstrom and Laura make love with the passion of their first date in the country. How does Nordstrom feel at this time?
3. One night Cochran offers to take Miryea away to Seville, where no one will find them. How does she respond?
4. In college, for what does Nordstrom sign up?
5. Why does the friend suggest that Cochran leave the mission soon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cochran's friend offer to do for him?
2. How do Nordstrom and Laura end up married?
3. What does Cochran do while he recuperates?
4. What does Tibey do for a very sick Miryea? Why does he do this?
5. How does Nordstrom try to fix his family?
6. How does Nordstrom realize that Laura has feelings for him?
7. What happens when Cochran is dying?
8. Why does Amador warn Cochran?
9. What happens when Sonia's friends realize that her father is not just the cook?
10. How does Tibey learn of Cochran and Miryea?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Flashbacks are used in REVENGE.
Part 1) Describe the flashbacks. What information is revealed through these flashbacks?
Part 2) How do these flashbacks help the plot move forward?
Part 3) Are these flashbacks necessary for understanding the characters and the plot? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Isabel Two is shot and killed.
Part 1) How does this happen? How does Tristan react? What are the consequences for his actions? Is this surprising? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does her death affect the other characters? How does it specifically affect Susannah and Tristan? How does it affect the flow of the plot?
Part 3) How different would the plot be if she had not died? How might the outcome of the story be different if she had lived?
Essay Topic 3
Symbolism exists in REVENGE.
Part 1) Describe two examples of symbolism. Of what are they symbolic?
Part 2) How does this symbolism enhance the story?
Part 3) How does this symbolism or that which is being symbolized support a theme in this story?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)