|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Cochran come down?
2. Nordstrom tries to talk to Laura about changing his life and gets what instead?
3. Cochran sees his friend the Aeromexico pilot who asks Cochran to do what?
4. From what is Cochran dying?
5. Tibey goes to great lengths to help who?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Aeromexico pilot's brother do for Cochran?
2. How does Tibey learn of Cochran and Miryea?
3. How does Cochran meet the Texan and spend time with him?
4. What does Cochran do while he recuperates?
5. What happens when Cochran is dying?
6. What does Tibey do for a very sick Miryea? Why does he do this?
7. What happens after Cochran finishes a tennis tournament?
8. How does Nordstrom realize that Laura has feelings for him?
9. What does Tibey do to try to make amends?
10. What does Cochran's friend offer to do for him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Flashbacks are used in REVENGE.
Part 1) Describe the flashbacks. What information is revealed through these flashbacks?
Part 2) How do these flashbacks help the plot move forward?
Part 3) Are these flashbacks necessary for understanding the characters and the plot? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Samuel's death is significant.
Part 1) How does Samuel die? How do his family and friends react? Why do the react this way?
Part 2) Why is his death significant? How does it affect the plot?
Part 3) How different would the story be if Samuel had not died? Why?
Essay Topic 3
These three stories have been put together in one book.
Part 1) What is a theme of each story? How is this a theme? How is each of these stories relevant today?
Part 2) What do these three stories have in common? Why are they found in the same book?
Part 3) What message does this book send to the reader? What is the purpose of this book?
Part 4) What are your thoughts about this book? How do these stories affect you?
This section contains 1,124 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)