Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nordstrom cooks for twenty before what?
2. Nordstrom tries to talk to Laura about changing his life and gets what instead?
3. What happens after one of Sonia's friends makes a move on Nordstrom?
4. Nordstrom tells Sonia and her boyfriend, Phillip, to invite who?
5. When do Nordstrom and Laura marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Texan?
2. What does Cochran do while he recuperates?
3. What does Nordstrom do in the tavern?
4. How does Ludlow feel after allowing the boys to go to war?
5. How does Nordstrom's sexual potency return?
6. How do the boys learn of Samuel's death? How does Tristan react to his death?
7. What does Nordstrom write in his diary?
8. What does Cochran's friend offer to do for him?
9. How does Tristan escape the hospital? What does he do after his escape?
10. What happens after Tibey and Cochran's reconciliation?
Many characters suffer in REVENGE.
Part 1) Which characters suffer? How and why do each of them suffer?
Part 2) How is the theme of gaining control connected to this suffering?
Part 3) Is this suffering and conflict resolved by the end of the story? Why or why not?
These three stories have been put together in one book.
Part 1) What is a theme of each story? How is this a theme? How is each of these stories relevant today?
Part 2) What do these three stories have in common? Why are they found in the same book?
Part 3) What message does this book send to the reader? What is the purpose of this book?
Part 4) What are your thoughts about this book? How do these stories affect you?
Nordstrom has a preoccupation with sexuality.
Part 1) How is this reflected in his relationships? What might cause this preoccupation?
Part 2) How does his sexuality change throughout the story? With what other events do these sexual or lack of sexual feelings parallel?
Part 3) Would you consider this preoccupation normal? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)