|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After giving warnings to Cochran and forgiving the first few meetings with Miryea, when does Tibey break down?
2. How does Cochran play the tennis tournament before Miryea arrives?
3. When the nun meets The Crazy One at a restaurant to ask for a doctor, what does he tell her?
4. Cochran confesses his affair to whom?
5. Cochran and the Texan spend the night in the rancher's guest house, where what happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nordstrom react to his father's death?
2. How does Nordstrom feel during his summer with his daughter?
3. What does Tibey do after Cochran is thrown out of the limo?
4. What does Cochran do while he recuperates?
5. What happens after Tibey and Cochran's reconciliation?
6. What is happening to Miryea during her time at the nunnery?
7. What happens when Cochran is dying?
8. What does Cochran's friend offer to do for him?
9. What does Nordstrom do after most of Sonia's friends go off to a disco?
10. What does the Aeromexico pilot's brother do for Cochran?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Samuel's death is significant.
Part 1) How does Samuel die? How do his family and friends react? Why do the react this way?
Part 2) Why is his death significant? How does it affect the plot?
Part 3) How different would the story be if Samuel had not died? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Laura and Nordstrom's relationship is sexual.
Part 1) How does this affect their marriage? Why does it affect their marriage this way?
Part 2) How does this reflect Nordstrom's feelings about himself?
Part 3) How does their relationship affect their daughter? How does Nordstrom go about remedying his relationship with his daughter? What are your feelings about how he does this? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Many characters in REVENGE feel regret.
Part 1) Why do they feel regret? What are the causes of this regret?
Part 2) How does this regret influence their actions? How does it affect the plot?
Part 3) How could this regret have been avoided? How might this have altered the plot, as well as the outcome of the story?
This section contains 1,371 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)