|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nordstrom is much happier the summer he spends with his daughter, how many years after the divorce?
2. Cochran remembers getting ready for the trip with his lover. What does he ignore?
3. What does Cochran think is still a secret?
4. How long does Nordstrom walk into the woods?
5. At the clinic, Cochran is polite, distant and helpful, but what bad dreams does he have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place during Sarah and Nordstrom's meeting?
2. Why does Amador warn Cochran?
3. What does Tibey do after Cochran is thrown out of the limo?
4. What is happening to Miryea during her time at the nunnery?
5. What happens when Sonia's friends realize that her father is not just the cook?
6. How doe Tibey and Cochran reconcile?
7. How does Nordstrom feel during his summer with his daughter?
8. What does Tristan do to two of the Irishmen that are out to kill him?
9. How does Cochran meet the Texan and spend time with him?
10. How do Nordstrom and Laura end up married?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Susannah and Tristan make destructive decisions.
Part 1) What destructive decisions do each of them make? Why do they make these decisions? What do these decisions reveal about each of these characters?
Part 2) How do events previously mentioned in this story affect the decisions made by Susannah and Tristan?
Part 3) How do these decisions affect the outcome of this story? How do the decisions made by each of these characters affect the other character?
Essay Topic 2
Nordstrom has feelings of death and loss.
Part 1) What causes these feelings? How do these feelings affect him?
Part 2) How do these feelings begin to change? What might be causing this change? How do you know this?
Part 3) How do these feelings lead him to dream of being a chef by the sea?
Essay Topic 3
Many characters suffer in REVENGE.
Part 1) Which characters suffer? How and why do each of them suffer?
Part 2) How is the theme of gaining control connected to this suffering?
Part 3) Is this suffering and conflict resolved by the end of the story? Why or why not?
This section contains 2,210 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)