|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Miryea becomes coherent enough of her surroundings?
2. How does Henry respond when Nordstrom asks him to be a pallbearer?
3. How long does Nordstrom walk into the woods?
4. What do Cochran's injuries draw?
5. Tibey gets Miryea presentable and takes her where?
Short Essay Questions
1. How doe Tibey and Cochran reconcile?
2. Describe Nordstrom and Laura's relationship.
3. How does Nordstrom realize that Laura has feelings for him?
4. What does Nordstrom do in the tavern?
5. How does Nordstrom feel during his summer with his daughter?
6. What happens when Cochran is dying?
7. What does Cochran do while he recuperates?
8. For what does Cochran prepare? How does this hurt him?
9. How does Nordstrom react to his father's death?
10. How does Cochran meet the Texan and spend time with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Symbolism exists in REVENGE.
Part 1) Describe two examples of symbolism. Of what are they symbolic?
Part 2) How does this symbolism enhance the story?
Part 3) How does this symbolism or that which is being symbolized support a theme in this story?
Essay Topic 2
Susannah and Tristan make destructive decisions.
Part 1) What destructive decisions do each of them make? Why do they make these decisions? What do these decisions reveal about each of these characters?
Part 2) How do events previously mentioned in this story affect the decisions made by Susannah and Tristan?
Part 3) How do these decisions affect the outcome of this story? How do the decisions made by each of these characters affect the other character?
Essay Topic 3
Nordstrom suddenly has intense feelings.
Part 1) When do these feelings occur? What might be causing these feelings?
Part 2) How do these feelings influence decisions he makes?
Part 3) How do these feelings affect those who are close to Nordstrom?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)