|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the clinic, Cochran is polite, distant and helpful, but what bad dreams does he have?
2. Amador and Cochran make plans to confront who?
3. In college, for what does Nordstrom sign up?
4. How might Laura and Nordstrom's relationship be described?
5. As Cochran plans to leave, what does Mauro give Cochran?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Cochran finishes a tennis tournament?
2. How does Nordstrom and Laura's marriage end?
3. Describe Nordstrom and Laura's relationship.
4. What does Cochran's friend offer to do for him?
5. How does Nordstrom realize that Laura has feelings for him?
6. What does Tibey do for a very sick Miryea? Why does he do this?
7. For what does Cochran prepare? How does this hurt him?
8. What does Tibey do after Cochran is thrown out of the limo?
9. What does Tibey do to try to make amends?
10. How doe Tibey and Cochran reconcile?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tristan retreats to the sea.
Part 1) Why does he retreat to the sea? How is the sea symbolic?
Part 2) How does this retreat reflect Tristan's feelings at this time?
Part 3) How does this time at sea change the course of his life? How is it significant and life-altering for Tristan?
Essay Topic 2
Symbolism exists in REVENGE.
Part 1) Describe two examples of symbolism. Of what are they symbolic?
Part 2) How does this symbolism enhance the story?
Part 3) How does this symbolism or that which is being symbolized support a theme in this story?
Essay Topic 3
Samuel's death is significant.
Part 1) How does Samuel die? How do his family and friends react? Why do the react this way?
Part 2) Why is his death significant? How does it affect the plot?
Part 3) How different would the story be if Samuel had not died? Why?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)