|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Nordstrom walk into the woods?
2. At the clinic, Cochran is polite, distant and helpful, but what bad dreams does he have?
3. Tibey moves Miryea to an asylum and does what to keep her there?
4. Why does Tibey think about shooting The Crazy One?
5. What does Nordstrom do in this class?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what does Cochran prepare? How does this hurt him?
2. How does Nordstrom react to his father's death?
3. What does Tristan do when Susannah says she plans on killing herself? How does this affect her?
4. What happens after Tibey and Cochran's reconciliation?
5. What happens when Sonia's friends realize that her father is not just the cook?
6. How does Ludlow feel after allowing the boys to go to war?
7. What are the consequences for Tristan's beating of the officer?
8. What does Tristan do to two of the Irishmen that are out to kill him?
9. What takes place directly after Sonia's graduation?
10. What does Cochran do while he recuperates?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nordstrom's encounters with Berto and Slats are significant.
Part 1) Describe the encounters. How does Nordstrom handle these situations?
Part 2) What do these encounters reveal about him?
Part 3) How do these encounters change Nordstrom's life? How do the events prior to these encounters influence his behavior during these encounters?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters in REVENGE feel regret.
Part 1) Why do they feel regret? What are the causes of this regret?
Part 2) How does this regret influence their actions? How does it affect the plot?
Part 3) How could this regret have been avoided? How might this have altered the plot, as well as the outcome of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Susannah and Tristan make destructive decisions.
Part 1) What destructive decisions do each of them make? Why do they make these decisions? What do these decisions reveal about each of these characters?
Part 2) How do events previously mentioned in this story affect the decisions made by Susannah and Tristan?
Part 3) How do these decisions affect the outcome of this story? How do the decisions made by each of these characters affect the other character?
This section contains 2,082 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)