|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tibey threaten?
2. How does Tibey keep Miryea submissive?
3. From what is Cochran dying?
4. Why does the friend suggest that Cochran leave the mission soon?
5. As Cochran plans to leave, what does Mauro give Cochran?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Amador warn Cochran?
2. What does Nordstrom do after most of Sonia's friends go off to a disco?
3. What does Nordstrom do in the tavern?
4. What is happening to Cochran's cover story? What is done to try to save it?
5. How does Nordstrom and Laura's marriage end?
6. What happens after Cochran finishes a tennis tournament?
7. How does Nordstrom try to fix his family?
8. How does Nordstrom realize that Laura has feelings for him?
9. What does Tibey do after Cochran is thrown out of the limo?
10. What is happening to Miryea during her time at the nunnery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Isabel Two is shot and killed.
Part 1) How does this happen? How does Tristan react? What are the consequences for his actions? Is this surprising? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does her death affect the other characters? How does it specifically affect Susannah and Tristan? How does it affect the flow of the plot?
Part 3) How different would the plot be if she had not died? How might the outcome of the story be different if she had lived?
Essay Topic 2
Backstories are given about Nordstrom.
Part 1) What are these backstories? What purpose do they serve?
Part 2) Are these necessary to understand Nordstrom? Why or why not?
Part 3) What is significant and/or symbolic about these backstories? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Laura and Nordstrom's relationship is sexual.
Part 1) How does this affect their marriage? Why does it affect their marriage this way?
Part 2) How does this reflect Nordstrom's feelings about himself?
Part 3) How does their relationship affect their daughter? How does Nordstrom go about remedying his relationship with his daughter? What are your feelings about how he does this? Why?
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)