|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nordstrom tells Sonia and her boyfriend, Phillip, to invite who?
2. How does Henry respond when Nordstrom asks him to be a pallbearer?
3. What happens in October?
4. Just before his daughter leaves for college, what do Nordstrom and Laura finally realize?
5. Nordstrom charters a Lear jet to where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nordstrom do after most of Sonia's friends go off to a disco?
2. What is happening to Miryea during her time at the nunnery?
3. How does Nordstrom realize that Laura has feelings for him?
4. For what does Cochran prepare? How does this hurt him?
5. What does the Aeromexico pilot's brother do for Cochran?
6. What is happening to Cochran's cover story? What is done to try to save it?
7. What does Tibey do to try to make amends?
8. What happens to the Texan?
9. How does Nordstrom and Laura's marriage end?
10. What happens after Tibey and Cochran's reconciliation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in REVENGE feel regret.
Part 1) Why do they feel regret? What are the causes of this regret?
Part 2) How does this regret influence their actions? How does it affect the plot?
Part 3) How could this regret have been avoided? How might this have altered the plot, as well as the outcome of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Nordstrom has a preoccupation with sexuality.
Part 1) How is this reflected in his relationships? What might cause this preoccupation?
Part 2) How does his sexuality change throughout the story? With what other events do these sexual or lack of sexual feelings parallel?
Part 3) Would you consider this preoccupation normal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Nordstrom has feelings of death and loss.
Part 1) What causes these feelings? How do these feelings affect him?
Part 2) How do these feelings begin to change? What might be causing this change? How do you know this?
Part 3) How do these feelings lead him to dream of being a chef by the sea?
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)