|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Amador and Cochran make plans to confront who?
2. A year later, Nordstrom goes where to get out of the rain?
3. When Sonia's friends find out Nordstrom is not just the cook, what happens?
4. Cochran is warned about what, regarding Tibey?
5. How does Henry respond when Nordstrom asks him to be a pallbearer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nordstrom do in the tavern?
2. For what does Cochran prepare? How does this hurt him?
3. How do Nordstrom and Laura end up married?
4. Why does Amador warn Cochran?
5. How does Nordstrom's sexual potency return?
6. What happens to the Texan?
7. What does Tibey do to try to make amends?
8. How does Nordstrom react to his father's death?
9. What does Tibey do for a very sick Miryea? Why does he do this?
10. What happens after Tibey and Cochran's reconciliation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Laura and Nordstrom's relationship is sexual.
Part 1) How does this affect their marriage? Why does it affect their marriage this way?
Part 2) How does this reflect Nordstrom's feelings about himself?
Part 3) How does their relationship affect their daughter? How does Nordstrom go about remedying his relationship with his daughter? What are your feelings about how he does this? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Tristan's response to Samuel's death is surprising.
Part 1) How does Tristan react? Why might he react this way?
Part 2) How do others treat him, because of his reaction? Why?
Part 3) How does Tristan's reaction and feelings about Samuel's death affect him throughout the rest of his life? How does his behavior affect those around him?
Essay Topic 3
Susannah and Tristan make destructive decisions.
Part 1) What destructive decisions do each of them make? Why do they make these decisions? What do these decisions reveal about each of these characters?
Part 2) How do events previously mentioned in this story affect the decisions made by Susannah and Tristan?
Part 3) How do these decisions affect the outcome of this story? How do the decisions made by each of these characters affect the other character?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)