|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How might Nordstrom and Laura's divorce be described?
2. On what does Nordstrom spend the next few years?
3. What does Nordstrom realize when he tries to connect with his daughter, Sonia?
4. When does Cochran want Mauro to leave a phone message with the Mexico City politician?
5. What happens after one of Sonia's friends makes a move on Nordstrom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nordstrom react to his father's death?
2. What is happening to Cochran's cover story? What is done to try to save it?
3. How does Cochran meet the Texan and spend time with him?
4. What happens when Sonia's friends realize that her father is not just the cook?
5. What does the Aeromexico pilot's brother do for Cochran?
6. How do Nordstrom and Laura meet?
7. How do Nordstrom and Laura end up married?
8. What does Tibey do for a very sick Miryea? Why does he do this?
9. How does Nordstrom and Laura's marriage end?
10. Why does Amador warn Cochran?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Symbolism exists in REVENGE.
Part 1) Describe two examples of symbolism. Of what are they symbolic?
Part 2) How does this symbolism enhance the story?
Part 3) How does this symbolism or that which is being symbolized support a theme in this story?
Essay Topic 2
Nordstrom's encounters with Berto and Slats are significant.
Part 1) Describe the encounters. How does Nordstrom handle these situations?
Part 2) What do these encounters reveal about him?
Part 3) How do these encounters change Nordstrom's life? How do the events prior to these encounters influence his behavior during these encounters?
Essay Topic 3
Many characters suffer in REVENGE.
Part 1) Which characters suffer? How and why do each of them suffer?
Part 2) How is the theme of gaining control connected to this suffering?
Part 3) Is this suffering and conflict resolved by the end of the story? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)