|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after one of Sonia's friends makes a move on Nordstrom?
2. Amador and Cochran make plans to confront who?
3. Just before his daughter leaves for college, what do Nordstrom and Laura finally realize?
4. On what does Amador brief Cochran?
5. Who does Amador recognize and realize has been watching Cochran for some time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cochran do while he recuperates?
2. What happens after Tibey and Cochran's reconciliation?
3. What happens when Cochran is dying?
4. How does Nordstrom realize that Laura has feelings for him?
5. How does Tibey learn of Cochran and Miryea?
6. What does Tibey do after Cochran is thrown out of the limo?
7. How does Nordstrom's sexual potency return?
8. What happens when Sonia's friends realize that her father is not just the cook?
9. How does Cochran meet the Texan and spend time with him?
10. What is happening to Cochran's cover story? What is done to try to save it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Samuel's death is significant.
Part 1) How does Samuel die? How do his family and friends react? Why do the react this way?
Part 2) Why is his death significant? How does it affect the plot?
Part 3) How different would the story be if Samuel had not died? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Laura and Nordstrom's relationship is sexual.
Part 1) How does this affect their marriage? Why does it affect their marriage this way?
Part 2) How does this reflect Nordstrom's feelings about himself?
Part 3) How does their relationship affect their daughter? How does Nordstrom go about remedying his relationship with his daughter? What are your feelings about how he does this? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Susannah and Tristan make destructive decisions.
Part 1) What destructive decisions do each of them make? Why do they make these decisions? What do these decisions reveal about each of these characters?
Part 2) How do events previously mentioned in this story affect the decisions made by Susannah and Tristan?
Part 3) How do these decisions affect the outcome of this story? How do the decisions made by each of these characters affect the other character?
This section contains 1,372 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)