|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cochran confesses his affair to whom?
2. With what does Cochran come down?
3. When does Cochran want Mauro to leave a phone message with the Mexico City politician?
4. Why does Cochran decide to skip the hotel in Douglas?
5. In the locker room, what does Tibey's chauffeur give Cochran?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Cochran finishes a tennis tournament?
2. What does Tibey do to try to make amends?
3. What does Tibey do for a very sick Miryea? Why does he do this?
4. What does the Aeromexico pilot's brother do for Cochran?
5. What is happening to Cochran's cover story? What is done to try to save it?
6. What does Cochran's friend offer to do for him?
7. How do Nordstrom and Laura meet?
8. What does Nordstrom do in the tavern?
9. For what does Cochran prepare? How does this hurt him?
10. Describe Nordstrom and Laura's relationship.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
These three stories have been put together in one book.
Part 1) What is a theme of each story? How is this a theme? How is each of these stories relevant today?
Part 2) What do these three stories have in common? Why are they found in the same book?
Part 3) What message does this book send to the reader? What is the purpose of this book?
Part 4) What are your thoughts about this book? How do these stories affect you?
Essay Topic 2
Susannah and Tristan make destructive decisions.
Part 1) What destructive decisions do each of them make? Why do they make these decisions? What do these decisions reveal about each of these characters?
Part 2) How do events previously mentioned in this story affect the decisions made by Susannah and Tristan?
Part 3) How do these decisions affect the outcome of this story? How do the decisions made by each of these characters affect the other character?
Essay Topic 3
Backstories are given about Nordstrom.
Part 1) What are these backstories? What purpose do they serve?
Part 2) Are these necessary to understand Nordstrom? Why or why not?
Part 3) What is significant and/or symbolic about these backstories? Why?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)