|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Amador warn Cochran?
2. In the locker room, what does Tibey's chauffeur give Cochran?
3. At the airport, Cochran almost blows his cover how?
4. What starts to happen to Cochran's cover story?
5. Nordstrom tells Sonia and her boyfriend, Phillip, to invite who?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Nordstrom and Laura end up married?
2. What does Cochran do while he recuperates?
3. For what does Cochran prepare? How does this hurt him?
4. What does Cochran's friend offer to do for him?
5. How does Nordstrom try to fix his family?
6. What is happening to Cochran's cover story? What is done to try to save it?
7. What happens after Tibey and Cochran's reconciliation?
8. What does Nordstrom do after most of Sonia's friends go off to a disco?
9. How does Nordstrom feel during his summer with his daughter?
10. What does the Aeromexico pilot's brother do for Cochran?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nordstrom does not respect himself.
Part 1) Why does he not respect himself? How does he show this?
Part 2) How do Nordstrom's feelings towards himself affect the decisions he makes and his relationships with others?
Part 3) How do Nordstrom's feelings about himself change as the story progresses? How do these changes take place?
Essay Topic 2
Samuel's death is significant.
Part 1) How does Samuel die? How do his family and friends react? Why do the react this way?
Part 2) Why is his death significant? How does it affect the plot?
Part 3) How different would the story be if Samuel had not died? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Susannah and Tristan make destructive decisions.
Part 1) What destructive decisions do each of them make? Why do they make these decisions? What do these decisions reveal about each of these characters?
Part 2) How do events previously mentioned in this story affect the decisions made by Susannah and Tristan?
Part 3) How do these decisions affect the outcome of this story? How do the decisions made by each of these characters affect the other character?
This section contains 1,266 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)