|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after one of Sonia's friends makes a move on Nordstrom?
2. Tibey moves Miryea to an asylum and does what to keep her there?
3. What does Nordstrom realize when he tries to connect with his daughter, Sonia?
4. Tibey sends for a society doctor and decides to give up what?
5. Just before his daughter leaves for college, what do Nordstrom and Laura finally realize?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Aeromexico pilot's brother do for Cochran?
2. Why does Amador warn Cochran?
3. What does Nordstrom do after most of Sonia's friends go off to a disco?
4. How do Nordstrom and Laura end up married?
5. What is happening to Miryea during her time at the nunnery?
6. How do Nordstrom and Laura meet?
7. How does Nordstrom react to his father's death?
8. Describe Nordstrom and Laura's relationship.
9. How does Tibey learn of Cochran and Miryea?
10. What does Tibey do after Cochran is thrown out of the limo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
These three stories have been put together in one book.
Part 1) What is a theme of each story? How is this a theme? How is each of these stories relevant today?
Part 2) What do these three stories have in common? Why are they found in the same book?
Part 3) What message does this book send to the reader? What is the purpose of this book?
Part 4) What are your thoughts about this book? How do these stories affect you?
Essay Topic 2
Flashbacks are used in REVENGE.
Part 1) Describe the flashbacks. What information is revealed through these flashbacks?
Part 2) How do these flashbacks help the plot move forward?
Part 3) Are these flashbacks necessary for understanding the characters and the plot? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Nordstrom has feelings of death and loss.
Part 1) What causes these feelings? How do these feelings affect him?
Part 2) How do these feelings begin to change? What might be causing this change? How do you know this?
Part 3) How do these feelings lead him to dream of being a chef by the sea?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)