|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miryea becomes so ill that what happens?
2. Why does Cochran decide not to mention what took place in the locker room to Miryea?
3. How does Nordstrom warm to the sorority and fraternity crowd?
4. After giving warnings to Cochran and forgiving the first few meetings with Miryea, when does Tibey break down?
5. Tibey gets Miryea presentable and takes her where?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nordstrom and Laura's marriage end?
2. What does Cochran do while he recuperates?
3. What happens to the Texan?
4. What does Nordstrom do after most of Sonia's friends go off to a disco?
5. What happens after Cochran finishes a tennis tournament?
6. How does Nordstrom feel during his summer with his daughter?
7. What happens to Cochran and Miryea at the cabin?
8. How do Nordstrom and Laura meet?
9. What does Tibey do for a very sick Miryea? Why does he do this?
10. What happens when Sonia's friends realize that her father is not just the cook?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Samuel's death is significant.
Part 1) How does Samuel die? How do his family and friends react? Why do the react this way?
Part 2) Why is his death significant? How does it affect the plot?
Part 3) How different would the story be if Samuel had not died? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Laura and Nordstrom's relationship is sexual.
Part 1) How does this affect their marriage? Why does it affect their marriage this way?
Part 2) How does this reflect Nordstrom's feelings about himself?
Part 3) How does their relationship affect their daughter? How does Nordstrom go about remedying his relationship with his daughter? What are your feelings about how he does this? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Tristan's response to Samuel's death is surprising.
Part 1) How does Tristan react? Why might he react this way?
Part 2) How do others treat him, because of his reaction? Why?
Part 3) How does Tristan's reaction and feelings about Samuel's death affect him throughout the rest of his life? How does his behavior affect those around him?
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)