|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in October?
2. Why does Cochran decide to skip the hotel in Douglas?
3. After giving warnings to Cochran and forgiving the first few meetings with Miryea, when does Tibey break down?
4. What happens after one of Sonia's friends makes a move on Nordstrom?
5. When does Cochran want Mauro to leave a phone message with the Mexico City politician?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Texan?
2. What does the Aeromexico pilot's brother do for Cochran?
3. For what does Cochran prepare? How does this hurt him?
4. What does Tibey do after Cochran is thrown out of the limo?
5. What does Tibey do to try to make amends?
6. What happens after Cochran finishes a tennis tournament?
7. What is happening to Miryea during her time at the nunnery?
8. What does Nordstrom do in the tavern?
9. Describe Nordstrom and Laura's relationship.
10. What does Tibey do for a very sick Miryea? Why does he do this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Isabel Two is shot and killed.
Part 1) How does this happen? How does Tristan react? What are the consequences for his actions? Is this surprising? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does her death affect the other characters? How does it specifically affect Susannah and Tristan? How does it affect the flow of the plot?
Part 3) How different would the plot be if she had not died? How might the outcome of the story be different if she had lived?
Essay Topic 2
Symbolism exists in REVENGE.
Part 1) Describe two examples of symbolism. Of what are they symbolic?
Part 2) How does this symbolism enhance the story?
Part 3) How does this symbolism or that which is being symbolized support a theme in this story?
Essay Topic 3
Tristan's response to Samuel's death is surprising.
Part 1) How does Tristan react? Why might he react this way?
Part 2) How do others treat him, because of his reaction? Why?
Part 3) How does Tristan's reaction and feelings about Samuel's death affect him throughout the rest of his life? How does his behavior affect those around him?
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)