|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sonia tell Nordstrom to get?
2. Who does Amador recognize and realize has been watching Cochran for some time?
3. Cochran remembers getting ready for the trip with his lover. What does he ignore?
4. What does Nordstrom promise Sonia after college graduation?
5. Nordstrom cooks for twenty before what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tibey do for a very sick Miryea? Why does he do this?
2. How do Nordstrom and Laura meet?
3. What does Cochran do while he recuperates?
4. What does the Aeromexico pilot's brother do for Cochran?
5. What does Nordstrom do after most of Sonia's friends go off to a disco?
6. What happens after Cochran finishes a tennis tournament?
7. What does Tibey do after Cochran is thrown out of the limo?
8. How does Nordstrom try to fix his family?
9. Describe Nordstrom and Laura's relationship.
10. What happens after Tibey and Cochran's reconciliation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Susannah and Tristan make destructive decisions.
Part 1) What destructive decisions do each of them make? Why do they make these decisions? What do these decisions reveal about each of these characters?
Part 2) How do events previously mentioned in this story affect the decisions made by Susannah and Tristan?
Part 3) How do these decisions affect the outcome of this story? How do the decisions made by each of these characters affect the other character?
Essay Topic 2
Laura and Nordstrom's relationship is sexual.
Part 1) How does this affect their marriage? Why does it affect their marriage this way?
Part 2) How does this reflect Nordstrom's feelings about himself?
Part 3) How does their relationship affect their daughter? How does Nordstrom go about remedying his relationship with his daughter? What are your feelings about how he does this? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Nordstrom's encounters with Berto and Slats are significant.
Part 1) Describe the encounters. How does Nordstrom handle these situations?
Part 2) What do these encounters reveal about him?
Part 3) How do these encounters change Nordstrom's life? How do the events prior to these encounters influence his behavior during these encounters?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)