|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cochran decide not to mention what took place in the locker room to Miryea?
2. What starts to happen to Cochran's cover story?
3. A year later, Nordstrom goes where to get out of the rain?
4. Tibey moves Miryea to an asylum and does what to keep her there?
5. Who does Cochran follow to the restroom and kill with Mauro's knife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nordstrom spend his time at his going-away party?
2. How do Nordstrom and Laura end up married?
3. What happens after Tibey and Cochran's reconciliation?
4. What happens to Cochran and Miryea at the cabin?
5. What does Tibey do after Cochran is thrown out of the limo?
6. What does the Aeromexico pilot's brother do for Cochran?
7. How does Tristan play a role in Susannah's suicide?
8. What does Nordstrom write in his diary?
9. How does Nordstrom react to his father's death?
10. What does Tristan do to two of the Irishmen that are out to kill him?
Essay Topic 1
A theme of REVENGE is taking control of one's life.
Part 1) How is this a theme? Which characters attempt this? How?
Part 2) Are the characters successful at controlling their lives? Why or why not?
Part 3) How is this theme relevant to real life? How can the reader relate to the characters in this story?
Essay Topic 2
Tristan's response to Samuel's death is surprising.
Part 1) How does Tristan react? Why might he react this way?
Part 2) How do others treat him, because of his reaction? Why?
Part 3) How does Tristan's reaction and feelings about Samuel's death affect him throughout the rest of his life? How does his behavior affect those around him?
Essay Topic 3
Nordstrom suddenly has intense feelings.
Part 1) When do these feelings occur? What might be causing these feelings?
Part 2) How do these feelings influence decisions he makes?
Part 3) How do these feelings affect those who are close to Nordstrom?
This section contains 2,225 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)