|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nordstrom cooks for twenty before what?
2. Nordstrom tries to talk to Laura about changing his life and gets what instead?
3. What happens after one of Sonia's friends makes a move on Nordstrom?
4. Nordstrom tells Sonia and her boyfriend, Phillip, to invite who?
5. When do Nordstrom and Laura marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Texan?
2. What does Cochran do while he recuperates?
3. What does Nordstrom do in the tavern?
4. How does Ludlow feel after allowing the boys to go to war?
5. How does Nordstrom's sexual potency return?
6. How do the boys learn of Samuel's death? How does Tristan react to his death?
7. What does Nordstrom write in his diary?
8. What does Cochran's friend offer to do for him?
9. How does Tristan escape the hospital? What does he do after his escape?
10. What happens after Tibey and Cochran's reconciliation?
Essay Topic 1
Nordstrom has feelings of death and loss.
Part 1) What causes these feelings? How do these feelings affect him?
Part 2) How do these feelings begin to change? What might be causing this change? How do you know this?
Part 3) How do these feelings lead him to dream of being a chef by the sea?
Essay Topic 2
Nordstrom suddenly has intense feelings.
Part 1) When do these feelings occur? What might be causing these feelings?
Part 2) How do these feelings influence decisions he makes?
Part 3) How do these feelings affect those who are close to Nordstrom?
Essay Topic 3
Tristan's response to Samuel's death is surprising.
Part 1) How does Tristan react? Why might he react this way?
Part 2) How do others treat him, because of his reaction? Why?
Part 3) How does Tristan's reaction and feelings about Samuel's death affect him throughout the rest of his life? How does his behavior affect those around him?
This section contains 2,205 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)