|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sonia's friends find out Nordstrom is not just the cook, what happens?
2. Cochran confesses his affair to whom?
3. In August, Nordstrom and Sonia move to the house he has rented where?
4. The wealthy rancher pays the Texan with what?
5. Amador and Cochran make plans to confront who?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Texan?
2. What happens after Cochran finishes a tennis tournament?
3. What is happening to Cochran's cover story? What is done to try to save it?
4. How do Nordstrom and Laura end up married?
5. How does Nordstrom realize that Laura has feelings for him?
6. What does Cochran's friend offer to do for him?
7. What does Nordstrom do after most of Sonia's friends go off to a disco?
8. What does Tibey do after Cochran is thrown out of the limo?
9. For what does Cochran prepare? How does this hurt him?
10. How does Tibey learn of Cochran and Miryea?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in REVENGE feel regret.
Part 1) Why do they feel regret? What are the causes of this regret?
Part 2) How does this regret influence their actions? How does it affect the plot?
Part 3) How could this regret have been avoided? How might this have altered the plot, as well as the outcome of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Tristan retreats to the sea.
Part 1) Why does he retreat to the sea? How is the sea symbolic?
Part 2) How does this retreat reflect Tristan's feelings at this time?
Part 3) How does this time at sea change the course of his life? How is it significant and life-altering for Tristan?
Essay Topic 3
Isabel Two is shot and killed.
Part 1) How does this happen? How does Tristan react? What are the consequences for his actions? Is this surprising? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does her death affect the other characters? How does it specifically affect Susannah and Tristan? How does it affect the flow of the plot?
Part 3) How different would the plot be if she had not died? How might the outcome of the story be different if she had lived?
This section contains 1,124 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)