|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After making the ivory delivery, what does Tristan agree to transport to San Francisco?
2. Thanks to Phillip, everyone knows what about Nordstrom?
(a) He is getting divorced.
(b) He has given away all his money and is going on a long trip.
(c) He does not know Sonia very well.
(d) He is moving.
3. What does the company plan for Nordstrom's leaving?
(a) A concert.
(b) A party.
(c) A dinner.
(d) A dance.
4. He writes in his journal, thinking again about what?
(a) Quitting and giving away all his money.
(b) Becoming a cook.
(c) His daughter.
5. Each of the people in Nordstrom's life has his own views about Nordstrom's mid-life crisis. Are any of them able to convince him to change his plans?
(b) Only at first.
Short Answer Questions
1. Just after the stock market crash, Tristan, Isabel Two, Decker, and two ranch hands make a trip to deliver what?
2. Nordstrom hits Slats who replies with what?
3. What does Tristan's ship, as its captain, escape?
4. What does the grief of Samuel's death do to Ludlow?
5. In the summer, Tristan makes imaginary plans with Susannah, but only wants what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nordstrom discuss with his psychiatrist?
2. What does Nordstrom do with his money?
3. What happens when Tristan comes down with dysentery?
4. What does Tristan do when Susannah says she plans on killing herself? How does this affect her?
5. How does Isabel Two die?
6. How does Tristan spend seven years with his new wife?
7. What does Nordstrom do to Berto?
8. How does a woman end up with Samuel's gold pocket watch?
9. How does this story end?
10. Why does Tristan marry Susannah? How does Susannah seem to feel about him? How do you know this?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)