|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The honyocker's daughter leaves with what?
(b) A lock of Samuel's hair.
(c) A photo of Samuel.
(d) Samuel's gold pocket watch.
2. What does Tristan do to the officer?
(a) He beats him nearly to death.
(b) He yells at him.
(c) He shoots him.
(d) He tries to strangle him.
3. A tall black man named Slats and his Italian friend named Berto come in and do what?
(a) Steal from the party goers.
(b) Threaten Laura.
(c) Grab Sarah.
(d) Yell at Nordstrom.
4. Nordstrom tells Laura, Sonia, and Phillip that he plans to cash in his trip tickets and do what?
(a) Go to cooking school.
(b) Go on a vacation.
(c) Find a new job.
(d) Get remarried.
5. Tristan buys whiskey to take home and sell to whom?
(a) Other ranchers.
(b) Other sailors.
(d) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tristan do after he rushes to find Samuel?
2. Nordstrom takes Sonia and Philip to see who?
3. How does Sarah respond when Nordstrom makes a counter offer?
4. Nordstrom goes to the ceremony and reception for Sonia's college graduation and is somehow surprised about what?
5. Tristan smuggles whiskey through the wilderness and makes a __________ profit.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tristan receive the ship back from the British?
2. How does Alfred feel about Susannah? Does she feel the same in return?
3. What happens when Tristan comes down with dysentery?
4. Why is Susannah feeling better in the new house in Helena?
5. How does Tristan spend seven years with his new wife?
6. How does a woman end up with Samuel's gold pocket watch?
7. Why does Ludlow send One Stab to Helena?
8. What takes place directly after Sonia's graduation?
9. What does Tristan do when Susannah says she plans on killing herself? How does this affect her?
10. What does Nordstrom do with his money?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)