|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He listens to the radio and longs to do what?
(a) Be with his wife.
(b) Go to the Caribbean.
(d) See his daughter.
2. What happens after Tristan asks Ludlow to remember that Alfred is his son?
(a) Ludlow and Alfred finally reconcile and shake hands.
(b) Ludlow ignores Tristan.
(c) Alfred walks away from Ludlow.
(d) Ludlow and Alfred finally reconcile and embrace.
3. When the psychiatrist asks what interests him, how does Nordstrom answer?
(a) He wants to be a cook.
(b) He wants to look things over like his father did.
(c) He is interested in getting to know his daughter.
(d) He wants to be a good father like his own father.
4. What does Tristan's ship, as its captain, escape?
(a) A French battle ship.
(b) A British war ship.
(c) A German destroyer.
(d) An American cruise ship.
5. Why does the British officer release the ship?
(a) He does not want Tristan to kill him.
(b) He has no reason to keep it.
(c) Tristan requests it.
(d) As a reward for the delivery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alerts Nordstrom to Berto's entrance?
2. Sarah arrives, wanting to talk where?
3. How does Tristan complete the mission?
4. Nordstrom takes Sonia and Philip to see who?
5. Where does Tristan take a leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the boys learn of Samuel's death? How does Tristan react to his death?
2. What takes place when most of the people have left the dinner?
3. How does Alfred feel about Susannah? Does she feel the same in return?
4. Why does Tristan marry Susannah? How does Susannah seem to feel about him? How do you know this?
5. What takes place at the meeting between Nordstrom, Sarah, and Slats?
6. What are the consequences for Tristan's beating of the officer?
7. How does Tristan receive the ship back from the British?
8. What takes place during Sarah and Nordstrom's meeting?
9. How does Nordstrom spend his time at his going-away party?
10. What does Tristan do when Susannah says she plans on killing herself? How does this affect her?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)