|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nordstrom tells Laura, Sonia, and Phillip that he plans to cash in his trip tickets and do what?
(a) Go to cooking school.
(b) Go on a vacation.
(c) Get remarried.
(d) Find a new job.
2. Who does Ludlow insist on tutoring?
(a) His friend, Isabel Two.
(b) His ranch foreman's daughter, Isabel Two.
(c) His niece, Isabel Two.
(d) His daughter, Isabel Two.
3. Just after the stock market crash, Tristan, Isabel Two, Decker, and two ranch hands make a trip to deliver what?
4. What does Susannah get Tristan to do?
(a) Apologize to her.
(b) Make love to her.
(c) Leave her.
(d) Kiss her.
5. Their father's Cheyenne friend, ____________, guides the brothers through the Montana wilderness.
(a) One Heart.
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) One Stab.
(d) Sitting Bull.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is Susannah waiting that helps her improve again?
2. Sarah arrives, wanting to talk where?
3. In the summer, Tristan makes imaginary plans with Susannah, but only wants what?
4. Susannah tells Tristan that she plans to do what?
5. Alfred secretly loves Susannah. When he comes to visit, how does Susannah react to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nordstrom spend his time at his going-away party?
2. How does Tristan play a role in Susannah's suicide?
3. How does Tristan receive the ship back from the British?
4. What are the consequences for Tristan's beating of the officer?
5. How does Alfred feel about Susannah? Does she feel the same in return?
6. What does Nordstrom discuss with his psychiatrist?
7. What happens once Alfred arrives?
8. What happens when Tristan comes down with dysentery?
9. What takes place during Sarah and Nordstrom's meeting?
10. How does a woman end up with Samuel's gold pocket watch?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)