|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alfred buy a house in Helena?
(a) He hopes to impress Susannah.
(b) He hopes Susannah will get over Tristan.
(c) He hopes Susannah will do better helping Tristan with his children.
(d) He hopes Susannah will fall in love with Tristan.
2. Nordstrom adds the next room to his suite and does what?
(a) Invites guests over for a party.
(b) Calls Laura.
(c) Watches television.
(d) Takes a nap.
3. Nordstrom walks from Brookline to Cambridge for what?
(a) To see a friend.
(b) His appointment with the psychiatrist.
(c) To meet his daughter.
(d) To go to a dance concert.
4. He listens to the radio and longs to do what?
(b) See his daughter.
(c) Be with his wife.
(d) Go to the Caribbean.
5. Sarah arrives, wanting to talk where?
(a) In her room.
(b) In the lobby.
(c) In the hallway.
(d) In his hotel room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the company plan for Nordstrom's leaving?
2. Nordstrom tells Laura, Sonia, and Phillip that he plans to cash in his trip tickets and do what?
3. Nordstrom's financial adviser insists that Nordstrom see who?
4. How does Susannah feel about Tristan leaving?
5. What does Nordstrom do when Berto comes in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tristan play a role in Susannah's suicide?
2. How does this story end?
3. How does Ludlow feel after allowing the boys to go to war?
4. What does Nordstrom discuss with his psychiatrist?
5. What does Nordstrom do with his money?
6. Why does Ludlow send One Stab to Helena?
7. Why is Susannah feeling better in the new house in Helena?
8. What does Tristan do to two of the Irishmen that are out to kill him?
9. What takes place during Sarah and Nordstrom's meeting?
10. How does Tristan escape the hospital? What does he do after his escape?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)