|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Alfred cannot reason with Tristan, where does the army send Tristan?
(a) To a mental hospital in New York.
(b) To a mental hospital in Paris.
(c) To battle.
2. What does Tristan's ship, as its captain, escape?
(a) A French battle ship.
(b) An American cruise ship.
(c) A British war ship.
(d) A German destroyer.
3. Where does Tristan take a leave?
(a) In Nairobi.
(b) In Egypt.
(c) In South Africa.
(d) In China.
4. Where does Tristan quickly go to follow the Irishmen?
(b) Santa Fe.
5. Nordstrom has insomnia and dances without music for what reason?
(a) He does not like music.
(b) To avoid waking Phillip and Sonia.
(c) He enjoys dancing to silence.
(d) He does not want to bother his neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alerts Nordstrom to Berto's entrance?
2. Nordstrom hits Slats who replies with what?
3. The brothers' father, Ludlow, regrets what?
4. Nordstrom spends the night doing what?
5. Why do the brothers ride off to Canada?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does does Nordstrom do on his way to his appointment with the psychiatrist?
2. What does Nordstrom write in his diary?
3. What does Nordstrom do with his money?
4. How does this story end?
5. What takes place at the meeting between Nordstrom, Sarah, and Slats?
6. What does Tristan do during the six years he spends at sea?
7. How does Tristan receive the ship back from the British?
8. What happens once Alfred arrives?
9. What does Tristan do to two of the Irishmen that are out to kill him?
10. Why does Ludlow send One Stab to Helena?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)