|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the officers shoot their rifles into the air aimlessly?
(a) One bullet ricochets and injures One Stab.
(b) One bullet ricochets and kills Isabel Two.
(c) One bullet ricochets and injures Tristan.
(d) One bullet ricochets and injures Isabel Two.
2. What does Tristan do after he rushes to find Samuel?
(a) He cannot find Samuel.
(b) He takes Samuel's body home.
(c) He sends Samuel back to Harvard.
(d) He cuts out his heart.
3. After making the ivory delivery, what does Tristan agree to transport to San Francisco?
4. Susannah's father, Arthur, comes to Montana for a sporting expedition and buys what as a wedding present?
(a) The neighboring ranch.
(b) New stallions.
(c) A house in town.
(d) A herd of horses.
5. When Alfred cannot reason with Tristan, where does the army send Tristan?
(a) To battle.
(b) To a mental hospital in New York.
(d) To a mental hospital in Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Ludlow stay in his room after his sons leave?
2. Tristan and Susannah marry before Samuel's funeral against whose wishes?
3. Tristan directs his grief into what?
4. Alfred secretly loves Susannah. When he comes to visit, how does Susannah react to him?
5. What does Nordstrom do when Berto comes in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place directly after Sonia's graduation?
2. How do the boys learn of Samuel's death? How does Tristan react to his death?
3. What does Tristan do when Susannah says she plans on killing herself? How does this affect her?
4. What takes place when most of the people have left the dinner?
5. How does Alfred feel about Susannah? Does she feel the same in return?
6. What happens once Alfred arrives?
7. What takes place at the meeting between Nordstrom, Sarah, and Slats?
8. Why does Ludlow send One Stab to Helena?
9. How does Tristan receive the ship back from the British?
10. Why does Tristan marry Susannah? How does Susannah seem to feel about him? How do you know this?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)