|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tristan goes to deliver some whiskey for a party at Alfred's house, hoping to do what?
(a) See Susannah.
(b) Apologize to Susannah.
(c) Avoid Susannah.
(d) Set Susannah straight.
2. How does Susannah feel about Tristan leaving?
3. When the psychiatrist asks what interests him, how does Nordstrom answer?
(a) He wants to be a good father like his own father.
(b) He wants to be a cook.
(c) He wants to look things over like his father did.
(d) He is interested in getting to know his daughter.
4. At a celebratory dinner, they all watch another party which is rich from what?
(a) Smuggling liquor.
(b) Smuggling opium.
(c) Smuggling cigarettes.
(d) Smuggling cattle.
5. What does Nordstrom think about what Phillip says?
(a) It is not true.
(b) It is probably not true.
(c) It is unlikely.
(d) It is probably true.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nordstrom ask Phillip's friend, the Sephard, to arrange?
2. The honyocker's daughter leaves with what?
3. Susannah's father, Arthur, comes to Montana for a sporting expedition and buys what as a wedding present?
4. Sarah offers him a line of cocaine, but what does Nordstrom want?
5. The brothers and their father's Native American friend stop at a tavern where Tristan beats the owner for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tristan escape the hospital? What does he do after his escape?
2. How does Tristan spend seven years with his new wife?
3. What happens when Tristan comes down with dysentery?
4. What does Tristan do during the six years he spends at sea?
5. How does a woman end up with Samuel's gold pocket watch?
6. How does Tristan play a role in Susannah's suicide?
7. What are the consequences for Tristan's beating of the officer?
8. What takes place when most of the people have left the dinner?
9. What takes place during Sarah and Nordstrom's meeting?
10. How does Nordstrom spend his time at his going-away party?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)