|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far does Tristan carry Isabel Two?
(a) For a mile.
(b) For a block.
(c) For miles.
(d) For a few feet.
2. Their father's Cheyenne friend, ____________, guides the brothers through the Montana wilderness.
(a) Crazy Horse.
(b) Sitting Bull.
(c) One Heart.
(d) One Stab.
3. Nordstrom's financial adviser insists that Nordstrom see who?
(a) A friend.
(b) A psychiatrist.
4. While Sarah is in the bathroom, what does Nordstrom do?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He looks out the window.
(c) He runs out of the hotel room.
(d) He takes a gun from her purse and puts it under his mattress.
5. Alfred returns home to Washington DC, where Susannah is suffering from what?
(b) A deep depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. After making the ivory delivery, what does Tristan agree to transport to San Francisco?
2. What happens after Ludlow sends Decker to Helena for supplies?
3. Where does Ludlow's wife, Isabel, spend her winters?
4. What alerts Nordstrom to Berto's entrance?
5. Tristan smuggles whiskey through the wilderness and makes a __________ profit.
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place during Sarah and Nordstrom's meeting?
2. How does Tristan receive the ship back from the British?
3. How does Alfred feel about Susannah? Does she feel the same in return?
4. How does Isabel Two die?
5. What does Nordstrom do to Berto?
6. What does Tristan do during the six years he spends at sea?
7. How does Tristan escape the hospital? What does he do after his escape?
8. What does Nordstrom write in his diary?
9. How does Tristan play a role in Susannah's suicide?
10. What takes place at the meeting between Nordstrom, Sarah, and Slats?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)