|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nordstrom goes to the ceremony and reception for Sonia's college graduation and is somehow surprised about what?
(a) Being sad at the party.
(b) To see so many of Sonia's friends.
(c) Not knowing anyone.
(d) To see Laura.
2. Why does Alfred buy a house in Helena?
(a) He hopes Susannah will get over Tristan.
(b) He hopes Susannah will do better helping Tristan with his children.
(c) He hopes to impress Susannah.
(d) He hopes Susannah will fall in love with Tristan.
3. Nordstrom's secretary, Ms. Dietrich, has to leave after getting too drunk, ending what plans?
(a) To sleep with Nordstrom again.
(b) To make a toast to Nordstrom.
(c) To quit her job.
(d) To ask Nordstrom on a date.
4. Why does the British officer release the ship?
(a) He has no reason to keep it.
(b) Tristan requests it.
(c) As a reward for the delivery.
(d) He does not want Tristan to kill him.
5. What does Nordstrom think about what Phillip says?
(a) It is not true.
(b) It is probably true.
(c) It is unlikely.
(d) It is probably not true.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nordstrom has insomnia and dances without music for what reason?
2. What habit does Nordstrom disclose?
3. Why does Susannah's father provide Alfred with an office in Helena?
4. Alfred secretly loves Susannah. When he comes to visit, how does Susannah react to him?
5. About what does Isabel think regarding one of her sons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tristan do during the six years he spends at sea?
2. What happens once Alfred arrives?
3. Why does Ludlow send One Stab to Helena?
4. What does Tristan do to two of the Irishmen that are out to kill him?
5. What does does Nordstrom do on his way to his appointment with the psychiatrist?
6. What are the consequences for Tristan's beating of the officer?
7. What takes place at the meeting between Nordstrom, Sarah, and Slats?
8. What does Nordstrom write in his diary?
9. What takes place directly after Sonia's graduation?
10. What takes place when most of the people have left the dinner?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)