|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tristan's ship, as its captain, escape?
(a) A British war ship.
(b) A German destroyer.
(c) An American cruise ship.
(d) A French battle ship.
2. Why is Susannah better?
(a) Tristan says he loves her.
(b) Only because Tristan's letter gives her false hope.
(c) She has been put on strong medication.
(d) She is near Alfred.
3. In the morning, Nordstrom gets ready to meet with Sarah and adds what to his boot?
(a) A straight razor.
(b) A gun.
(c) A screw driver.
(d) A cell phone.
4. What does Nordstrom do when Berto comes in?
(a) He hides.
(b) He grabs Berto and throws him out the window.
(c) He shoots him.
(d) He stabs him.
5. Sarah offers him a line of cocaine, but what does Nordstrom want?
(a) To leave.
(b) To have sex with one of them.
(c) To kiss Laura.
(d) To tell the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the grief of Samuel's death do to Ludlow?
2. Where does Ludlow's wife, Isabel, spend her winters?
3. The brothers' father, Ludlow, regrets what?
4. They stop for the night at a homesteader's home where Samuel does what?
5. After the graduation reception, Nordstrom tries to give Sonia what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alfred feel about Susannah? Does she feel the same in return?
2. Why does Ludlow send One Stab to Helena?
3. What happens when Tristan comes down with dysentery?
4. How does Ludlow feel after allowing the boys to go to war?
5. What does Nordstrom write in his diary?
6. What does does Nordstrom do on his way to his appointment with the psychiatrist?
7. What takes place during Sarah and Nordstrom's meeting?
8. How does Isabel Two die?
9. Why is Susannah feeling better in the new house in Helena?
10. What does Nordstrom do to Berto?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)