|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the summer, Tristan makes imaginary plans with Susannah, but only wants what?
(a) To be alone.
(b) Her to leave him alone.
(c) Her to have a child to replace Samuel.
(d) To have Samuel return.
2. Tristan sends a picture of himself with what to One Stab?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A dead rhinoceros.
(c) A zebra.
(d) An Arabian stallion.
3. Tristan comes down with dysentery in dangerous seas and barely escapes with both his life and the ship. His fevers make him delirious. He stands on the bowspirit and hallucinates what?
(a) That he sees Susannah.
(b) That he sees both Samuel and Susannah.
(c) That he sees Isabel Two.
(d) That he sees his mother and brothers.
4. Nordstrom's secretary, Ms. Dietrich, has to leave after getting too drunk, ending what plans?
(a) To quit her job.
(b) To sleep with Nordstrom again.
(c) To ask Nordstrom on a date.
(d) To make a toast to Nordstrom.
5. The brothers' father, Ludlow, regrets what?
(a) Letting his Native American friend risk his life.
(b) Letting Samuel go to war instead of sending him back to Harvard.
(c) Letting his sons go to war instead of sending them back to Harvard.
(d) Letting his sons go hunting without him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ludlow's wife, Isabel, spend her winters?
2. Nordstrom goes to the ceremony and reception for Sonia's college graduation and is somehow surprised about what?
3. When Ludlow finally goes downstairs to dinner, what depresses him?
4. Who are the three brothers?
5. Nordstrom meets with Sonia and the broker and convinces them of his convictions by giving money to who?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nordstrom spend his time at his going-away party?
2. How does Tristan play a role in Susannah's suicide?
3. How does a woman end up with Samuel's gold pocket watch?
4. What does does Nordstrom do on his way to his appointment with the psychiatrist?
5. How does this story end?
6. What does Tristan do to two of the Irishmen that are out to kill him?
7. What does Phillip discuss philosophically that seems to upset Nordstrom?
8. How does Tristan receive the ship back from the British?
9. What takes place during Sarah and Nordstrom's meeting?
10. What happens once Alfred arrives?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)