|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alfred returns home to Washington DC, where Susannah is suffering from what?
(d) A deep depression.
2. Who are the three brothers?
(a) Allan, Turner, and Steven.
(b) Aaron, Timothy, and Stephen.
(c) Alfred, Tristan, and Samuel.
(d) Albert, Tyler, and Seth.
3. Susannah's father, Arthur, comes to Montana for a sporting expedition and buys what as a wedding present?
(a) New stallions.
(b) A herd of horses.
(c) The neighboring ranch.
(d) A house in town.
4. Nordstrom has insomnia and dances without music for what reason?
(a) To avoid waking Phillip and Sonia.
(b) He does not want to bother his neighbors.
(c) He enjoys dancing to silence.
(d) He does not like music.
5. Their father's Cheyenne friend, ____________, guides the brothers through the Montana wilderness.
(a) One Heart.
(b) Sitting Bull.
(c) One Stab.
(d) Crazy Horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Isabel think regarding one of her sons?
2. Where does Tristan quickly go to follow the Irishmen?
3. Nordstrom spends the night doing what?
4. Nordstrom's secretary, Ms. Dietrich, has to leave after getting too drunk, ending what plans?
5. At a celebratory dinner, they all watch another party which is rich from what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tristan receive the ship back from the British?
2. What does Phillip discuss philosophically that seems to upset Nordstrom?
3. What does Nordstrom discuss with his psychiatrist?
4. Why does Tristan marry Susannah? How does Susannah seem to feel about him? How do you know this?
5. How does Nordstrom spend his time at his going-away party?
6. What does does Nordstrom do on his way to his appointment with the psychiatrist?
7. Why is Susannah feeling better in the new house in Helena?
8. What takes place when most of the people have left the dinner?
9. What happens when Tristan comes down with dysentery?
10. How does Tristan play a role in Susannah's suicide?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)