|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Isabel think regarding one of her sons?
(a) Why he decided to go to war.
(b) Her damaged relationship with him.
(c) Where he is.
(d) When he will return home.
2. For what is Susannah waiting that helps her improve again?
(a) The birth of a child.
(b) Spring, when she will be with Tristan again.
(c) Winter, when she will be with Tristan again.
(d) Alfred's return in the spring.
3. What does Susannah get Tristan to do?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Make love to her.
(c) Leave her.
(d) Apologize to her.
4. The honyocker's daughter leaves with what?
(a) Samuel's gold pocket watch.
(c) A photo of Samuel.
(d) A lock of Samuel's hair.
5. Where does Nordstrom follow Laura, where she and Sarah have been making frequent trips to snort cocaine?
(a) To her bedroom.
(b) To the restroom.
(c) To a coat closet.
(d) To a hotel room.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the morning, Nordstrom gets ready to meet with Sarah and adds what to his boot?
2. Tristan and Susannah marry before Samuel's funeral against whose wishes?
3. Tristan directs his grief into what?
4. Nordstrom's secretary, Ms. Dietrich, has to leave after getting too drunk, ending what plans?
5. Nordstrom goes to the ceremony and reception for Sonia's college graduation and is somehow surprised about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tristan play a role in Susannah's suicide?
2. Why does Tristan marry Susannah? How does Susannah seem to feel about him? How do you know this?
3. What does Tristan do to two of the Irishmen that are out to kill him?
4. What does Tristan do when Susannah says she plans on killing herself? How does this affect her?
5. What takes place at the meeting between Nordstrom, Sarah, and Slats?
6. What does Phillip discuss philosophically that seems to upset Nordstrom?
7. What does Nordstrom do with his money?
8. How does this story end?
9. What takes place directly after Sonia's graduation?
10. What does Nordstrom write in his diary?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)