|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far does Tristan carry Isabel Two?
(a) For miles.
(b) For a few feet.
(c) For a mile.
(d) For a block.
2. What does Nordstrom ask Phillip's friend, the Sephard, to arrange?
(a) A graduation party for Sonia.
(b) An engagement party for Sonia.
(c) A concert for Sonia.
(d) A dinner for Laura.
3. Alfred returns home to Washington DC, where Susannah is suffering from what?
(c) A deep depression.
4. The honyocker's daughter leaves with what?
(a) A photo of Samuel.
(b) A lock of Samuel's hair.
(d) Samuel's gold pocket watch.
5. Nordstrom walks from Brookline to Cambridge for what?
(a) To see a friend.
(b) To meet his daughter.
(c) To go to a dance concert.
(d) His appointment with the psychiatrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah offers him a line of cocaine, but what does Nordstrom want?
2. Nordstrom takes Sonia and Philip to see who?
3. What does Nordstrom do when Berto comes in?
4. He walks home the next morning and is upset by seeing what?
5. What does Nordstrom think about what Phillip says?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Tristan comes down with dysentery?
2. How does Tristan receive the ship back from the British?
3. What takes place at the meeting between Nordstrom, Sarah, and Slats?
4. How does Nordstrom spend his time at his going-away party?
5. How do the boys learn of Samuel's death? How does Tristan react to his death?
6. What does Nordstrom write in his diary?
7. Why is Susannah feeling better in the new house in Helena?
8. How does Ludlow feel after allowing the boys to go to war?
9. What does Tristan do when Susannah says she plans on killing herself? How does this affect her?
10. How does Isabel Two die?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)