|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the morning, Nordstrom gets ready to meet with Sarah and adds what to his boot?
(a) A screw driver.
(b) A straight razor.
(c) A gun.
(d) A cell phone.
2. Tristan smuggles whiskey through the wilderness and makes a __________ profit.
3. How does Sarah respond when Nordstrom makes a counter offer?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is scared.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is shocked.
4. The brothers' father, Ludlow, regrets what?
(a) Letting his sons go to war instead of sending them back to Harvard.
(b) Letting his sons go hunting without him.
(c) Letting Samuel go to war instead of sending him back to Harvard.
(d) Letting his Native American friend risk his life.
5. Susannah tells Tristan that she plans to do what?
(a) Kill Alfred.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Run away.
(d) Kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the company plan for Nordstrom's leaving?
2. Sarah arrives, wanting to talk where?
3. Who are the three brothers?
4. Nordstrom goes to the ceremony and reception for Sonia's college graduation and is somehow surprised about what?
5. While Sarah is in the bathroom, what does Nordstrom do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tristan marry Susannah? How does Susannah seem to feel about him? How do you know this?
2. What does Nordstrom write in his diary?
3. What does Tristan do during the six years he spends at sea?
4. What does Nordstrom do to Berto?
5. How does Nordstrom spend his time at his going-away party?
6. What are the consequences for Tristan's beating of the officer?
7. How does a woman end up with Samuel's gold pocket watch?
8. What happens when Tristan comes down with dysentery?
9. What does Tristan do when Susannah says she plans on killing herself? How does this affect her?
10. How does this story end?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)