Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry do after he and Nordstrom talk?
(a) He gives Nordstrom a ride to the airport.
(b) He kicks Nordstrom out.
(c) He gives Nordstrom a ride back home.
(d) He walks out the door.
2. What happens when Miryea becomes coherent enough of her surroundings?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She shoots a man with his own gun.
(c) She hides.
(d) She stabs a man with his own knife.
3. Tibey sends for a society doctor and decides to give up what?
(a) His search for Cochran.
(b) His love for Miryea.
(c) Hope that Miryea will survive.
4. What happens after one of Sonia's friends makes a move on Nordstrom?
(a) He laughs at her.
(b) He tells her he will give her a ride to the airport.
(c) They make love in the kitchen, swim naked, and make love again on the deck.
(d) He tells her to leave.
5. After giving warnings to Cochran and forgiving the first few meetings with Miryea, when does Tibey break down?
(a) When Miryea tells him about her great love.
(b) When he hears Miryea tell her sister about the great love of her life.
(c) When Miryea runs away.
(d) When Cochran and Miryea run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the friend suggest that Cochran leave the mission soon?
2. How does Nordstrom warm to the sorority and fraternity crowd?
3. In college, for what does Nordstrom sign up?
4. When does Cochran want Mauro to leave a phone message with the Mexico City politician?
5. Why does Cochran decide not to mention what took place in the locker room to Miryea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place at the meeting between Nordstrom, Sarah, and Slats?
2. How does Ludlow feel after allowing the boys to go to war?
3. Why does Tristan marry Susannah? How does Susannah seem to feel about him? How do you know this?
4. What does Nordstrom write in his diary?
5. How does Tristan spend seven years with his new wife?
6. What does Cochran's friend offer to do for him?
7. How does Nordstrom realize that Laura has feelings for him?
8. What is happening to Cochran's cover story? What is done to try to save it?
9. How does Nordstrom feel during his summer with his daughter?
10. How do the boys learn of Samuel's death? How does Tristan react to his death?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)