|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in October?
(a) Nordstrom's mother becomes ill.
(b) Nordstrom's mother dies.
(c) Nordstrom's father becomes ill.
(d) Nordstrom's father dies.
2. Cochran confesses his affair to whom?
(a) His friend.
(c) His mother.
3. What does Laura ask Nordstrom when she sees him?
(a) Why he never called.
(b) Why he is talking to her.
(c) Why he danced with her.
(d) Why he likes her.
4. Who finds Cochran?
(b) A nun.
(d) A Texan.
5. From what is Cochran dying?
(b) A gunshot wound.
(c) Heat and dehydration.
(d) Heart disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tibey tells The Crazy One to do what?
2. How does Tibey keep Miryea submissive?
3. Why does Tibey think about shooting The Crazy One?
4. What do Cochran's injuries draw?
5. What happens when Nordstrom kisses his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Aeromexico pilot's brother do for Cochran?
2. Why does Amador warn Cochran?
3. How does Tibey learn of Cochran and Miryea?
4. What does Nordstrom do after most of Sonia's friends go off to a disco?
5. What does Cochran do while he recuperates?
6. How does Nordstrom react to his father's death?
7. What happens when Sonia's friends realize that her father is not just the cook?
8. For what does Cochran prepare? How does this hurt him?
9. How does Nordstrom realize that Laura has feelings for him?
10. How doe Tibey and Cochran reconcile?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)