|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what is Cochran dying?
(a) A gunshot wound.
(c) Heart disease.
(d) Heat and dehydration.
2. Where does Diller bring Cochran?
(a) Back to his mission clinic.
(b) To his home.
(c) To a hospital.
(d) To Mexico.
3. The mission has a feast in honor of Cochran's recovery and departure, where there is singing and joking. When does Cochran become upset?
(a) While singing Miryea's Guadalajaran folk song.
(b) When he is leaving.
(c) When the celebration is over.
(d) When the others sing a song about Miryea.
4. He likes to do what instead of keeping up with the world?
(c) Watch the sea.
5. Who does Cochran follow to the restroom and kill with Mauro's knife?
(b) A stranger.
(c) The Crazy One.
(d) The Elephant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tibey sends for a society doctor and decides to give up what?
2. How does Tibey keep Miryea submissive?
3. Tibey goes to great lengths to help who?
4. With what does Tibyea lock Miryea in a bare room?
5. Cochran confesses his affair to whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nordstrom do in the tavern?
2. What does Cochran do while he recuperates?
3. What does Tibey do to try to make amends?
4. What does Cochran's friend offer to do for him?
5. How do Nordstrom and Laura meet?
6. How does Nordstrom's sexual potency return?
7. How does Cochran meet the Texan and spend time with him?
8. What happens to Cochran and Miryea at the cabin?
9. How does Nordstrom react to his father's death?
10. What happens to the Texan?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)