|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tibey sends for a society doctor and decides to give up what?
(a) Hope that Miryea will survive.
(b) His love for Miryea.
(c) His search for Cochran.
2. In the locker room, what does Tibey's chauffeur give Cochran?
(a) A note from Tibey.
(b) A one-way ticket and several thousand dollars with a note about the match.
(c) A set of keys to a car.
(d) An empty threat.
3. Cochran and the Texan spend the night in the rancher's guest house, where what happens?
(a) The Texan dies in the night.
(b) Cochran becomes ill in the night.
(c) The Texan becomes ill in the night.
(d) Cochran dies in the night.
4. With what does Cochran come down?
(c) Heart disease.
5. Why does the friend suggest that Cochran leave the mission soon?
(a) The mission cannot continue to support him.
(b) It is too easy for Tibey to find him.
(c) He needs to go to a better hospital.
(d) His health is improving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nordstrom comes out of the woods and goes where?
2. What happens when Miryea becomes coherent enough of her surroundings?
3. Why does Nordstrom cry in the restroom?
4. What does Nordstrom promise Sonia after college graduation?
5. Nordstrom tries to talk to Laura about changing his life and gets what instead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Sonia's friends realize that her father is not just the cook?
2. What does Tibey do to try to make amends?
3. What happens when Cochran is dying?
4. How do Nordstrom and Laura meet?
5. What does Cochran's friend offer to do for him?
6. How does Cochran meet the Texan and spend time with him?
7. Why does Amador warn Cochran?
8. What happens to the Texan?
9. How does Nordstrom and Laura's marriage end?
10. How does Nordstrom try to fix his family?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)