|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cochran follow to the restroom and kill with Mauro's knife?
(a) The Crazy One.
(c) A stranger.
(d) The Elephant.
2. Cochran sees his friend the Aeromexico pilot who asks Cochran to do what?
(a) Return to Tucson.
(b) Return to Phoenix.
(c) Stay in Mexico.
(d) Stay in Honduras.
3. Cochran remembers getting ready for the trip with his lover. What does he ignore?
(a) His friends.
(c) His family.
(d) The warnings.
4. The wealthy rancher pays the Texan with what?
(a) A wad of cash.
(b) A money order.
(c) A check.
(d) A cigar box of money.
5. Cochran notices the pickup following, but stops worrying when?
(a) The truck turns off the road.
(b) The truck continues to follow him.
(c) The truck breaks down.
(d) The truck passes him.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the semester, what does Nordstrom do blindfolded?
2. When Mauro leaves, what does the Texan give Cochran?
3. What does Sonia tell Nordstrom to get?
4. What happens in October?
5. When does Cochran want Mauro to leave a phone message with the Mexico City politician?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Nordstrom and Laura meet?
2. How does Nordstrom react to his father's death?
3. What happens when Cochran is dying?
4. For what does Cochran prepare? How does this hurt him?
5. What does Tibey do for a very sick Miryea? Why does he do this?
6. What happens to the Texan?
7. How does Nordstrom and Laura's marriage end?
8. Why does Amador warn Cochran?
9. What happens to Cochran and Miryea at the cabin?
10. How does Nordstrom's sexual potency return?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)