|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cochran notices the pickup following, but stops worrying when?
(a) The truck turns off the road.
(b) The truck breaks down.
(c) The truck passes him.
(d) The truck continues to follow him.
2. When Mauro leaves, what does the Texan give Cochran?
(a) A large amount of money.
(b) The coyote teeth necklace.
(c) A horse.
(d) The pearl-handled knife.
3. Nordstrom cooks for twenty before what?
(a) His daughter moves out.
(b) Everyone tires of him.
(c) His daughter sends everyone home.
(d) Everyone leaves to go back to school.
4. After giving warnings to Cochran and forgiving the first few meetings with Miryea, when does Tibey break down?
(a) When Cochran and Miryea run away.
(b) When Miryea tells him about her great love.
(c) When Miryea runs away.
(d) When he hears Miryea tell her sister about the great love of her life.
5. Who finds Cochran?
(b) A Texan.
(c) A nun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nordstrom do in this class?
2. How might Nordstrom and Laura's divorce be described?
3. Why does Nordstrom cry in the restroom?
4. Why does the friend suggest that Cochran leave the mission soon?
5. Who does Tibey threaten?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nordstrom react to his father's death?
2. How does Nordstrom and Laura's marriage end?
3. How does Cochran meet the Texan and spend time with him?
4. What does Tibey do after Cochran is thrown out of the limo?
5. For what does Cochran prepare? How does this hurt him?
6. What does Tibey do for a very sick Miryea? Why does he do this?
7. What happens to Cochran and Miryea at the cabin?
8. How do Nordstrom and Laura end up married?
9. What happens when Cochran is dying?
10. What does Cochran do while he recuperates?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)