|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Nordstrom spend the next few years?
(a) Building up a new business.
(b) A new college degree.
(c) Getting to know his daughter better.
(d) A series of unsuccessful experiments to find whatever is missing in his life.
2. About what do Nordstrom and the Sephard talk?
(a) A waitress.
(b) The sea.
3. The wealthy rancher pays the Texan with what?
(a) A wad of cash.
(b) A check.
(c) A money order.
(d) A cigar box of money.
4. How might Nordstrom and Laura's divorce be described?
(a) Mostly amicable.
(b) Somewhat messy.
(c) Very messy.
(d) Very amicable.
5. For whom does Nordstrom work?
(b) General Electric.
(c) Standard Oil.
Short Answer Questions
1. One night Cochran offers to take Miryea away to Seville, where no one will find them. How does she respond?
2. In August, Nordstrom and Sonia move to the house he has rented where?
3. How does Tibey keep Miryea submissive?
4. At the clinic, Cochran is polite, distant and helpful, but what bad dreams does he have?
5. When does Cochran want Mauro to leave a phone message with the Mexico City politician?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place when most of the people have left the dinner?
2. What takes place during Sarah and Nordstrom's meeting?
3. Describe Nordstrom and Laura's relationship.
4. Why is Susannah feeling better in the new house in Helena?
5. How does Tristan receive the ship back from the British?
6. What does Tibey do after Cochran is thrown out of the limo?
7. What happens once Alfred arrives?
8. What does does Nordstrom do on his way to his appointment with the psychiatrist?
9. How does Tristan play a role in Susannah's suicide?
10. What happens when Sonia's friends realize that her father is not just the cook?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)