|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what is Cochran dying?
(a) Heat and dehydration.
(c) A gunshot wound.
(d) Heart disease.
2. What does Laura ask Nordstrom when she sees him?
(a) Why he is talking to her.
(b) Why he danced with her.
(c) Why he likes her.
(d) Why he never called.
3. Who is Diller?
(a) Miryea's husband.
(b) The mission doctor and priest.
(c) Cochran's brother.
(d) Mauro's politician brother.
4. Nordstrom cooks for twenty before what?
(a) Everyone tires of him.
(b) Everyone leaves to go back to school.
(c) His daughter sends everyone home.
(d) His daughter moves out.
5. On what does Nordstrom spend the next few years?
(a) Building up a new business.
(b) Getting to know his daughter better.
(c) A new college degree.
(d) A series of unsuccessful experiments to find whatever is missing in his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in October?
2. Why does Nordstrom cry in the restroom?
3. To what does Laura dance?
4. Amador and Cochran make plans to confront who?
5. The friend tells Cochran about his brother, who is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nordstrom do in the tavern?
2. What happens after Cochran finishes a tennis tournament?
3. How does Nordstrom feel during his summer with his daughter?
4. How does Cochran meet the Texan and spend time with him?
5. How does Nordstrom and Laura's marriage end?
6. What happens after Tibey and Cochran's reconciliation?
7. For what does Cochran prepare? How does this hurt him?
8. What does the Aeromexico pilot's brother do for Cochran?
9. How does Nordstrom react to his father's death?
10. How does Tibey learn of Cochran and Miryea?
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)