|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do Nordstrom and the Sephard talk?
(c) The sea.
(d) A waitress.
2. Just before his daughter leaves for college, what do Nordstrom and Laura finally realize?
(a) They no longer find each other attractive.
(b) Their marriage needs help.
(c) Their marriage is over.
(d) They want to fix their marriage.
3. How long does Nordstrom walk into the woods?
(a) For several days.
(b) For one hour.
(c) Until his feet get sore.
(d) For a few minutes.
4. Cochran is warned about what, regarding Tibey?
(a) His power.
(b) His reputation for vengence.
(c) His money.
(d) His influence.
5. While cooking, what happens to Nordstrom that precipitates a radical change?
(a) He sleeps with one of Sonia's friends.
(b) He falls down the stairs.
(c) He has a strange, intense feeling.
(d) He has a good conversation with his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the nun meets The Crazy One at a restaurant to ask for a doctor, what does he tell her?
2. The wealthy rancher pays the Texan with what?
3. What happens as Cochran and Miryea sleep in front of the fire?
4. Nordstrom tries to talk to Laura about changing his life and gets what instead?
5. On what does Nordstrom spend the next few years?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nordstrom react to his father's death?
2. How doe Tibey and Cochran reconcile?
3. What happens to Cochran and Miryea at the cabin?
4. What does Cochran's friend offer to do for him?
5. Why does Amador warn Cochran?
6. How does Nordstrom and Laura's marriage end?
7. What happens when Cochran is dying?
8. What does Tibey do for a very sick Miryea? Why does he do this?
9. How do Nordstrom and Laura meet?
10. What does Cochran do while he recuperates?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)