|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah offers him a line of cocaine, but what does Nordstrom want?
(a) To leave.
(b) To kiss Laura.
(c) To have sex with one of them.
(d) To tell the police.
2. Who are the three brothers?
(a) Albert, Tyler, and Seth.
(b) Aaron, Timothy, and Stephen.
(c) Allan, Turner, and Steven.
(d) Alfred, Tristan, and Samuel.
3. Why do the brothers ride off to Canada?
(a) To visit relatives.
(b) To go hunting.
(c) To escape the war.
(d) To join the Great War.
4. What does Tristan do after he rushes to find Samuel?
(a) He sends Samuel back to Harvard.
(b) He takes Samuel's body home.
(c) He cuts out his heart.
(d) He cannot find Samuel.
5. Just after the stock market crash, Tristan, Isabel Two, Decker, and two ranch hands make a trip to deliver what?
6. How far does Tristan carry Isabel Two?
(a) For a few feet.
(b) For a mile.
(c) For miles.
(d) For a block.
7. Nordstrom walks from Brookline to Cambridge for what?
(a) His appointment with the psychiatrist.
(b) To see a friend.
(c) To go to a dance concert.
(d) To meet his daughter.
8. Their father's Cheyenne friend, ____________, guides the brothers through the Montana wilderness.
(a) Sitting Bull.
(b) One Heart.
(c) One Stab.
(d) Crazy Horse.
9. How does Sarah respond when Nordstrom makes a counter offer?
(a) She is shocked.
(b) She is scared.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is angry.
10. Thanks to Phillip, everyone knows what about Nordstrom?
(a) He does not know Sonia very well.
(b) He is getting divorced.
(c) He has given away all his money and is going on a long trip.
(d) He is moving.
11. He listens to the radio and longs to do what?
(b) Go to the Caribbean.
(c) Be with his wife.
(d) See his daughter.
12. After the graduation reception, Nordstrom tries to give Sonia what?
13. What alerts Nordstrom to Berto's entrance?
(a) He hears his spoon and beer can alarm.
(b) He see Berto in the mirror.
(c) He hears Berto's voice.
(d) He hears his door open.
14. What does Tristan learn when he visits Alfred in the hospital?
(a) Samuel married the homesteader's daughter.
(b) Samuel has returned home.
(c) Samuel has died.
(d) Samuel is missing.
15. What does Susannah get Tristan to do?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Make love to her.
(c) Leave her.
(d) Apologize to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Susannah's father provide Alfred with an office in Helena?
2. How does Tristan complete the mission?
3. Nordstrom spends the night doing what?
4. Phillip talks philosophically about what?
5. The brothers and their father's Native American friend stop at a tavern where Tristan beats the owner for what reason?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)