|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nordstrom do when Berto comes in?
(a) He shoots him.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He grabs Berto and throws him out the window.
(d) He hides.
2. What alerts Nordstrom to Berto's entrance?
(a) He hears his spoon and beer can alarm.
(b) He see Berto in the mirror.
(c) He hears his door open.
(d) He hears Berto's voice.
3. About what does Isabel think regarding one of her sons?
(a) When he will return home.
(b) Where he is.
(c) Her damaged relationship with him.
(d) Why he decided to go to war.
4. Captain Ludlow makes Tristan cooperate with the British war mission for what reason?
(a) So they will survive.
(b) So they can get a new ship.
(c) So they can keep the ship.
(d) So they will be paid.
5. Their father's Cheyenne friend, ____________, guides the brothers through the Montana wilderness.
(a) One Heart.
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) One Stab.
(d) Sitting Bull.
6. When Alfred cannot reason with Tristan, where does the army send Tristan?
(b) To a mental hospital in New York.
(c) To a mental hospital in Paris.
(d) To battle.
7. What poet does Isabel invite for dinner?
(a) Amy Lowell.
(b) Emily Dickinson.
(c) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(d) John Ashbery.
8. Why is Susannah better?
(a) Only because Tristan's letter gives her false hope.
(b) She is near Alfred.
(c) She has been put on strong medication.
(d) Tristan says he loves her.
9. What does Susannah get Tristan to do?
(a) Leave her.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Make love to her.
(d) Apologize to her.
10. What does Tristan learn when he visits Alfred in the hospital?
(a) Samuel has returned home.
(b) Samuel has died.
(c) Samuel is missing.
(d) Samuel married the homesteader's daughter.
11. Tristan sends a picture of himself with what to One Stab?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A dead rhinoceros.
(c) An Arabian stallion.
(d) A zebra.
12. Nordstrom meets with Sonia and the broker and convinces them of his convictions by giving money to who?
(a) The American Diabetes Association.
(b) The National Audubon Society.
(c) The Sierra Club.
(d) The American Red Cross.
13. One Stab accompanies Tristan to the train station and gives Tristan what, which Tristan keeps until his death at age eighty-four?
(a) A letter.
(b) A book.
(c) A gun.
(d) His skinning knife.
14. How does Sarah respond when Nordstrom makes a counter offer?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is scared.
(d) She is shocked.
15. How far does Tristan carry Isabel Two?
(a) For a few feet.
(b) For a mile.
(c) For miles.
(d) For a block.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nordstrom follow Laura, where she and Sarah have been making frequent trips to snort cocaine?
2. A tall black man named Slats and his Italian friend named Berto come in and do what?
3. What happens when Tristan tries to calm Susannah?
4. Nordstrom has insomnia and dances without music for what reason?
5. Where does Tristan take a leave?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)