|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the brothers ride off to Canada?
(a) To join the Great War.
(b) To go hunting.
(c) To escape the war.
(d) To visit relatives.
2. What happens after Tristan asks Ludlow to remember that Alfred is his son?
(a) Ludlow ignores Tristan.
(b) Ludlow and Alfred finally reconcile and shake hands.
(c) Ludlow and Alfred finally reconcile and embrace.
(d) Alfred walks away from Ludlow.
3. Sonia asks Nordstrom to visit her where?
(a) In Australia.
(b) In China.
(c) In Italy.
(d) In France.
4. One Stab accompanies Tristan to the train station and gives Tristan what, which Tristan keeps until his death at age eighty-four?
(a) A letter.
(b) A book.
(c) His skinning knife.
(d) A gun.
5. After the graduation reception, Nordstrom tries to give Sonia what?
6. Susannah's father, Arthur, comes to Montana for a sporting expedition and buys what as a wedding present?
(a) New stallions.
(b) A house in town.
(c) The neighboring ranch.
(d) A herd of horses.
7. In the morning, Nordstrom gets ready to meet with Sarah and adds what to his boot?
(a) A cell phone.
(b) A screw driver.
(c) A straight razor.
(d) A gun.
8. When Ludlow finally goes downstairs to dinner, what depresses him?
(a) The sight of his wife sitting alone.
(b) The sight of the servants having nothing to do.
(c) Being alone.
(d) The sight of the empty dining room.
9. What happens after Ludlow sends Decker to Helena for supplies?
(a) Ludlow receives a letter from his wife.
(b) Ludlow hears that his son died.
(c) A US Marshall comes to ask about Decker.
(d) One Stab returns home.
10. What does Tristan's ship, as its captain, escape?
(a) A French battle ship.
(b) An American cruise ship.
(c) A German destroyer.
(d) A British war ship.
11. Tristan goes to deliver some whiskey for a party at Alfred's house, hoping to do what?
(a) Avoid Susannah.
(b) See Susannah.
(c) Apologize to Susannah.
(d) Set Susannah straight.
12. Just after the stock market crash, Tristan, Isabel Two, Decker, and two ranch hands make a trip to deliver what?
13. Who does Ludlow insist on tutoring?
(a) His friend, Isabel Two.
(b) His daughter, Isabel Two.
(c) His niece, Isabel Two.
(d) His ranch foreman's daughter, Isabel Two.
14. Tristan smuggles whiskey through the wilderness and makes a __________ profit.
15. What does Susannah get Tristan to do?
(a) Leave her.
(b) Make love to her.
(c) Apologize to her.
(d) Kiss her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the British officer release the ship?
2. Thanks to Phillip, everyone knows what about Nordstrom?
3. Each of the people in Nordstrom's life has his own views about Nordstrom's mid-life crisis. Are any of them able to convince him to change his plans?
4. Their father's Cheyenne friend, ____________, guides the brothers through the Montana wilderness.
5. What happens when the officers shoot their rifles into the air aimlessly?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)