|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Susannah's father provide Alfred with an office in Helena?
(a) To help give him some extra income.
(b) To keep him away from Susannah.
(c) To become a politician so that Alfred can support his economic interests.
(d) To keep him close to the family.
2. The honyocker's daughter leaves with what?
(b) Samuel's gold pocket watch.
(c) A lock of Samuel's hair.
(d) A photo of Samuel.
3. While Sarah is in the bathroom, what does Nordstrom do?
(a) He looks out the window.
(b) He takes a gun from her purse and puts it under his mattress.
(c) He calls the police.
(d) He runs out of the hotel room.
4. Just after the stock market crash, Tristan, Isabel Two, Decker, and two ranch hands make a trip to deliver what?
5. When Sarah returns, what does she present to Nordstrom?
(a) Slat's offer to not kill him for $20,000.
(b) Slat's offer to not kill him for $10,000.
(c) Slat's offer to not kill him for $25,000.
(d) Slat's offer to not kill him for $15,000.
6. Nordstrom goes to the ceremony and reception for Sonia's college graduation and is somehow surprised about what?
(a) To see Laura.
(b) Not knowing anyone.
(c) Being sad at the party.
(d) To see so many of Sonia's friends.
7. Nordstrom hits Slats who replies with what?
(a) A gun pointed in Norstrom's face.
(b) A glare.
(c) A punch in the face.
(d) A death threat.
8. Their father's Cheyenne friend, ____________, guides the brothers through the Montana wilderness.
(a) Crazy Horse.
(b) Sitting Bull.
(c) One Heart.
(d) One Stab.
9. Tristan directs his grief into what?
(a) The repairs of the farmhouse.
(c) His marriage to Susannah.
(d) The effort of breaking a difficult young stallion.
10. What happens when Tristan tries to calm Susannah?
(a) He ends up upsetting her.
(b) He ends up worrying her.
(c) He ends up giving her false hope again.
(d) He ends up angering her.
11. What happens after Tristan asks Ludlow to remember that Alfred is his son?
(a) Ludlow and Alfred finally reconcile and embrace.
(b) Ludlow and Alfred finally reconcile and shake hands.
(c) Ludlow ignores Tristan.
(d) Alfred walks away from Ludlow.
12. Nordstrom spends the night doing what?
(a) Talking to his secretary.
(b) Dancing in the dark.
(c) Drinking alone.
(d) Playing poker with men from the shipping department.
13. Thanks to Phillip, everyone knows what about Nordstrom?
(a) He does not know Sonia very well.
(b) He is moving.
(c) He has given away all his money and is going on a long trip.
(d) He is getting divorced.
14. Why do the brothers ride off to Canada?
(a) To escape the war.
(b) To visit relatives.
(c) To join the Great War.
(d) To go hunting.
15. They stop for the night at a homesteader's home where Samuel does what?
(a) Becomes friends with the homesteader.
(b) Helps with the farming.
(c) Meets his future wife.
(d) Takes an interest in the man's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nordstrom adds the next room to his suite and does what?
2. Where does Tristan take a leave?
3. Tristan and Susannah marry before Samuel's funeral against whose wishes?
4. Nordstrom meets with Sonia and the broker and convinces them of his convictions by giving money to who?
5. For what is Susannah waiting that helps her improve again?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)