|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Sarah is in the bathroom, what does Nordstrom do?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He takes a gun from her purse and puts it under his mattress.
(c) He looks out the window.
(d) He runs out of the hotel room.
2. What alerts Nordstrom to Berto's entrance?
(a) He hears Berto's voice.
(b) He see Berto in the mirror.
(c) He hears his spoon and beer can alarm.
(d) He hears his door open.
3. Why is Susannah better?
(a) Tristan says he loves her.
(b) Only because Tristan's letter gives her false hope.
(c) She has been put on strong medication.
(d) She is near Alfred.
4. What happens when the officers shoot their rifles into the air aimlessly?
(a) One bullet ricochets and injures Isabel Two.
(b) One bullet ricochets and kills Isabel Two.
(c) One bullet ricochets and injures Tristan.
(d) One bullet ricochets and injures One Stab.
5. Nordstrom goes to the ceremony and reception for Sonia's college graduation and is somehow surprised about what?
(a) Not knowing anyone.
(b) To see so many of Sonia's friends.
(c) To see Laura.
(d) Being sad at the party.
6. Tristan sends a picture of himself with what to One Stab?
(a) A zebra.
(b) An Arabian stallion.
(c) A dead rhinoceros.
(d) An elephant.
7. Where does Tristan take a leave?
(a) In Nairobi.
(b) In Egypt.
(c) In South Africa.
(d) In China.
8. Nordstrom walks from Brookline to Cambridge for what?
(a) To go to a dance concert.
(b) To see a friend.
(c) To meet his daughter.
(d) His appointment with the psychiatrist.
9. What does Tristan do to the officer?
(a) He beats him nearly to death.
(b) He yells at him.
(c) He tries to strangle him.
(d) He shoots him.
10. What does Tristan do after he rushes to find Samuel?
(a) He sends Samuel back to Harvard.
(b) He cannot find Samuel.
(c) He takes Samuel's body home.
(d) He cuts out his heart.
11. Who are the three brothers?
(a) Allan, Turner, and Steven.
(b) Albert, Tyler, and Seth.
(c) Aaron, Timothy, and Stephen.
(d) Alfred, Tristan, and Samuel.
12. When the psychiatrist asks what interests him, how does Nordstrom answer?
(a) He wants to be a cook.
(b) He wants to look things over like his father did.
(c) He is interested in getting to know his daughter.
(d) He wants to be a good father like his own father.
13. What does Tristan's ship, as its captain, escape?
(a) A German destroyer.
(b) A British war ship.
(c) A French battle ship.
(d) An American cruise ship.
14. Nordstrom's financial adviser insists that Nordstrom see who?
(b) A friend.
(d) A psychiatrist.
15. Captain Ludlow makes Tristan cooperate with the British war mission for what reason?
(a) So they will survive.
(b) So they will be paid.
(c) So they can get a new ship.
(d) So they can keep the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Susannah tells Tristan that she plans to do what?
2. How are Tristan and Susannah caught embracing?
3. After making the ivory delivery, what does Tristan agree to transport to San Francisco?
4. Tristan smuggles whiskey through the wilderness and makes a __________ profit.
5. Just after the stock market crash, Tristan, Isabel Two, Decker, and two ranch hands make a trip to deliver what?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)