|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What habit does Nordstrom disclose?
(a) Being preoccupied with sex.
(b) Staring at the sea.
(c) Dancing alone.
2. In the summer, Tristan makes imaginary plans with Susannah, but only wants what?
(a) To be alone.
(b) To have Samuel return.
(c) Her to have a child to replace Samuel.
(d) Her to leave him alone.
3. Tristan sends a picture of himself with what to One Stab?
(a) A zebra.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A dead rhinoceros.
(d) An Arabian stallion.
4. When Ludlow finally goes downstairs to dinner, what depresses him?
(a) Being alone.
(b) The sight of the empty dining room.
(c) The sight of the servants having nothing to do.
(d) The sight of his wife sitting alone.
5. Why do the brothers ride off to Canada?
(a) To visit relatives.
(b) To escape the war.
(c) To join the Great War.
(d) To go hunting.
6. What happens when Tristan tries to calm Susannah?
(a) He ends up worrying her.
(b) He ends up giving her false hope again.
(c) He ends up upsetting her.
(d) He ends up angering her.
7. For what is Susannah waiting that helps her improve again?
(a) Winter, when she will be with Tristan again.
(b) Spring, when she will be with Tristan again.
(c) Alfred's return in the spring.
(d) The birth of a child.
8. What does Tristan do after he rushes to find Samuel?
(a) He takes Samuel's body home.
(b) He sends Samuel back to Harvard.
(c) He cannot find Samuel.
(d) He cuts out his heart.
9. What happens when the officers shoot their rifles into the air aimlessly?
(a) One bullet ricochets and injures Tristan.
(b) One bullet ricochets and kills Isabel Two.
(c) One bullet ricochets and injures Isabel Two.
(d) One bullet ricochets and injures One Stab.
10. After making the ivory delivery, what does Tristan agree to transport to San Francisco?
11. What does Tristan do to the officer?
(a) He shoots him.
(b) He tries to strangle him.
(c) He yells at him.
(d) He beats him nearly to death.
12. The brothers and their father's Native American friend stop at a tavern where Tristan beats the owner for what reason?
(a) His prejudice against Crazy Horse.
(b) His prejudice against Sitting Bull.
(c) His prejudice against One Stab.
(d) His prejudice against One Heart.
13. When Sarah returns, what does she present to Nordstrom?
(a) Slat's offer to not kill him for $20,000.
(b) Slat's offer to not kill him for $10,000.
(c) Slat's offer to not kill him for $15,000.
(d) Slat's offer to not kill him for $25,000.
14. What does Tristan's ship, as its captain, escape?
(a) A German destroyer.
(b) A British war ship.
(c) A French battle ship.
(d) An American cruise ship.
15. Alfred secretly loves Susannah. When he comes to visit, how does Susannah react to him?
(a) She hardly notices him.
(b) She flirts with him.
(c) She falls in love with him.
(d) She ignores him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nordstrom takes Sonia and Philip to see who?
2. Just after the stock market crash, Tristan, Isabel Two, Decker, and two ranch hands make a trip to deliver what?
3. What alerts Nordstrom to Berto's entrance?
4. The brothers' father, Ludlow, regrets what?
5. What happens after Ludlow sends Decker to Helena for supplies?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)