|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the company plan for Nordstrom's leaving?
(a) A party.
(b) A concert.
(c) A dance.
(d) A dinner.
2. Where does Tristan take a leave?
(a) In South Africa.
(b) In Egypt.
(c) In China.
(d) In Nairobi.
3. After making the ivory delivery, what does Tristan agree to transport to San Francisco?
4. Alfred secretly loves Susannah. When he comes to visit, how does Susannah react to him?
(a) She flirts with him.
(b) She hardly notices him.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She falls in love with him.
5. What happens after Ludlow sends Decker to Helena for supplies?
(a) Ludlow receives a letter from his wife.
(b) Ludlow hears that his son died.
(c) A US Marshall comes to ask about Decker.
(d) One Stab returns home.
6. Susannah tells Tristan that she plans to do what?
(a) Kill herself.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Kill Alfred.
(d) Run away.
7. A tall black man named Slats and his Italian friend named Berto come in and do what?
(a) Steal from the party goers.
(b) Threaten Laura.
(c) Yell at Nordstrom.
(d) Grab Sarah.
8. Nordstrom tells the psychiatrist that he wants to be like who?
(a) Robin Hood.
(b) King Arthur.
(c) Martin Luther.
(d) Peter Pan.
9. Why does Susannah's father provide Alfred with an office in Helena?
(a) To keep him close to the family.
(b) To keep him away from Susannah.
(c) To become a politician so that Alfred can support his economic interests.
(d) To help give him some extra income.
10. Why does the British officer release the ship?
(a) As a reward for the delivery.
(b) He has no reason to keep it.
(c) Tristan requests it.
(d) He does not want Tristan to kill him.
11. Where does Nordstrom follow Laura, where she and Sarah have been making frequent trips to snort cocaine?
(a) To the restroom.
(b) To her bedroom.
(c) To a coat closet.
(d) To a hotel room.
12. Thanks to Phillip, everyone knows what about Nordstrom?
(a) He is moving.
(b) He does not know Sonia very well.
(c) He is getting divorced.
(d) He has given away all his money and is going on a long trip.
13. He listens to the radio and longs to do what?
(a) Be with his wife.
(b) See his daughter.
(c) Go to the Caribbean.
14. In the morning, Nordstrom gets ready to meet with Sarah and adds what to his boot?
(a) A screw driver.
(b) A cell phone.
(c) A gun.
(d) A straight razor.
15. What does Tristan learn when he visits Alfred in the hospital?
(a) Samuel has returned home.
(b) Samuel has died.
(c) Samuel married the homesteader's daughter.
(d) Samuel is missing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the three brothers?
2. Nordstrom hits Slats who replies with what?
3. In the summer, Tristan makes imaginary plans with Susannah, but only wants what?
4. What does Tristan's ship, as its captain, escape?
5. When Ludlow finally goes downstairs to dinner, what depresses him?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)