|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tristan sends a picture of himself with what to One Stab?
(a) An Arabian stallion.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A dead rhinoceros.
(d) A zebra.
2. Nordstrom spends the night doing what?
(a) Playing poker with men from the shipping department.
(b) Dancing in the dark.
(c) Drinking alone.
(d) Talking to his secretary.
3. He writes in his journal, thinking again about what?
(a) Becoming a cook.
(c) His daughter.
(d) Quitting and giving away all his money.
4. Nordstrom's secretary, Ms. Dietrich, has to leave after getting too drunk, ending what plans?
(a) To make a toast to Nordstrom.
(b) To sleep with Nordstrom again.
(c) To ask Nordstrom on a date.
(d) To quit her job.
5. What does Nordstrom think about what Phillip says?
(a) It is not true.
(b) It is probably true.
(c) It is unlikely.
(d) It is probably not true.
6. The brothers' father, Ludlow, regrets what?
(a) Letting his sons go to war instead of sending them back to Harvard.
(b) Letting his sons go hunting without him.
(c) Letting Samuel go to war instead of sending him back to Harvard.
(d) Letting his Native American friend risk his life.
7. What happens when Tristan tries to calm Susannah?
(a) He ends up upsetting her.
(b) He ends up worrying her.
(c) He ends up giving her false hope again.
(d) He ends up angering her.
8. Nordstrom's financial adviser insists that Nordstrom see who?
(a) A friend.
(d) A psychiatrist.
9. Tristan finally tells Susannah of his plans to meet his grandfather where?
(a) In Jamaica.
(b) In Puerto Rico.
(c) In Havana.
(d) In Haiti.
10. What does the company plan for Nordstrom's leaving?
(a) A concert.
(b) A party.
(c) A dinner.
(d) A dance.
11. When the psychiatrist asks what interests him, how does Nordstrom answer?
(a) He wants to look things over like his father did.
(b) He is interested in getting to know his daughter.
(c) He wants to be a cook.
(d) He wants to be a good father like his own father.
12. The brothers and their father's Native American friend stop at a tavern where Tristan beats the owner for what reason?
(a) His prejudice against One Heart.
(b) His prejudice against Crazy Horse.
(c) His prejudice against Sitting Bull.
(d) His prejudice against One Stab.
13. Phillip talks philosophically about what?
(a) What is best for Mexico.
(b) What happens when a person's father dies.
(c) What happens when someone commits adultery.
(d) What educational approach is the most effective.
14. Their father's Cheyenne friend, ____________, guides the brothers through the Montana wilderness.
(a) One Stab.
(b) Sitting Bull.
(c) One Heart.
(d) Crazy Horse.
15. What does Tristan learn when he visits Alfred in the hospital?
(a) Samuel has returned home.
(b) Samuel has died.
(c) Samuel is missing.
(d) Samuel married the homesteader's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the summer, Tristan makes imaginary plans with Susannah, but only wants what?
2. Tristan goes to deliver some whiskey for a party at Alfred's house, hoping to do what?
3. Where does Nordstrom want to be?
4. Nordstrom meets with Sonia and the broker and convinces them of his convictions by giving money to who?
5. The honyocker's daughter leaves with what?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)