|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Sarah is in the bathroom, what does Nordstrom do?
(a) He runs out of the hotel room.
(b) He takes a gun from her purse and puts it under his mattress.
(c) He calls the police.
(d) He looks out the window.
2. What does Tristan do to the officer?
(a) He beats him nearly to death.
(b) He shoots him.
(c) He yells at him.
(d) He tries to strangle him.
3. Nordstrom takes Sonia and Philip to see who?
4. What does Tristan learn when he visits Alfred in the hospital?
(a) Samuel married the homesteader's daughter.
(b) Samuel has died.
(c) Samuel has returned home.
(d) Samuel is missing.
5. What happens when Tristan tries to calm Susannah?
(a) He ends up giving her false hope again.
(b) He ends up upsetting her.
(c) He ends up worrying her.
(d) He ends up angering her.
6. Why do the brothers ride off to Canada?
(a) To join the Great War.
(b) To escape the war.
(c) To visit relatives.
(d) To go hunting.
7. Where does Nordstrom follow Laura, where she and Sarah have been making frequent trips to snort cocaine?
(a) To the restroom.
(b) To her bedroom.
(c) To a coat closet.
(d) To a hotel room.
8. Alfred returns home to Washington DC, where Susannah is suffering from what?
(c) A deep depression.
9. When Sarah returns, what does she present to Nordstrom?
(a) Slat's offer to not kill him for $15,000.
(b) Slat's offer to not kill him for $10,000.
(c) Slat's offer to not kill him for $20,000.
(d) Slat's offer to not kill him for $25,000.
10. Their father's Cheyenne friend, ____________, guides the brothers through the Montana wilderness.
(a) One Stab.
(b) One Heart.
(c) Crazy Horse.
(d) Sitting Bull.
11. They stop for the night at a homesteader's home where Samuel does what?
(a) Takes an interest in the man's daughter.
(b) Helps with the farming.
(c) Meets his future wife.
(d) Becomes friends with the homesteader.
12. Nordstrom's secretary, Ms. Dietrich, has to leave after getting too drunk, ending what plans?
(a) To ask Nordstrom on a date.
(b) To sleep with Nordstrom again.
(c) To quit her job.
(d) To make a toast to Nordstrom.
13. What happens after Tristan asks Ludlow to remember that Alfred is his son?
(a) Ludlow and Alfred finally reconcile and shake hands.
(b) Alfred walks away from Ludlow.
(c) Ludlow ignores Tristan.
(d) Ludlow and Alfred finally reconcile and embrace.
14. About what does Isabel think regarding one of her sons?
(a) Why he decided to go to war.
(b) Where he is.
(c) Her damaged relationship with him.
(d) When he will return home.
15. He writes in his journal, thinking again about what?
(a) Becoming a cook.
(c) Quitting and giving away all his money.
(d) His daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the three brothers?
2. Tristan goes to deliver some whiskey for a party at Alfred's house, hoping to do what?
3. Tristan finally tells Susannah of his plans to meet his grandfather where?
4. When Ludlow finally goes downstairs to dinner, what depresses him?
5. What does Nordstrom think about what Phillip says?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)