|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ludlow finally goes downstairs to dinner, what depresses him?
(a) Being alone.
(b) The sight of the empty dining room.
(c) The sight of the servants having nothing to do.
(d) The sight of his wife sitting alone.
2. What alerts Nordstrom to Berto's entrance?
(a) He see Berto in the mirror.
(b) He hears his spoon and beer can alarm.
(c) He hears Berto's voice.
(d) He hears his door open.
3. Nordstrom takes Sonia and Philip to see who?
4. While Sarah is in the bathroom, what does Nordstrom do?
(a) He runs out of the hotel room.
(b) He looks out the window.
(c) He takes a gun from her purse and puts it under his mattress.
(d) He calls the police.
5. About what does Isabel think regarding one of her sons?
(a) Where he is.
(b) Her damaged relationship with him.
(c) When he will return home.
(d) Why he decided to go to war.
6. They stop for the night at a homesteader's home where Samuel does what?
(a) Becomes friends with the homesteader.
(b) Helps with the farming.
(c) Takes an interest in the man's daughter.
(d) Meets his future wife.
7. Sarah arrives, wanting to talk where?
(a) In the lobby.
(b) In his hotel room.
(c) In her room.
(d) In the hallway.
8. Why does the British officer release the ship?
(a) As a reward for the delivery.
(b) Tristan requests it.
(c) He does not want Tristan to kill him.
(d) He has no reason to keep it.
9. How long does Ludlow stay in his room after his sons leave?
(a) A month.
(b) A day.
(c) A week.
(d) A year.
10. Why is Susannah better?
(a) She has been put on strong medication.
(b) She is near Alfred.
(c) Tristan says he loves her.
(d) Only because Tristan's letter gives her false hope.
11. Tristan finally tells Susannah of his plans to meet his grandfather where?
(a) In Puerto Rico.
(b) In Havana.
(c) In Jamaica.
(d) In Haiti.
12. After the graduation reception, Nordstrom tries to give Sonia what?
13. Nordstrom's financial adviser insists that Nordstrom see who?
(b) A psychiatrist.
(d) A friend.
14. Nordstrom adds the next room to his suite and does what?
(a) Watches television.
(b) Takes a nap.
(c) Calls Laura.
(d) Invites guests over for a party.
15. Who does Ludlow insist on tutoring?
(a) His daughter, Isabel Two.
(b) His friend, Isabel Two.
(c) His ranch foreman's daughter, Isabel Two.
(d) His niece, Isabel Two.
Short Answer Questions
1. Susannah tells Tristan that she plans to do what?
2. Tristan sends a picture of himself with what to One Stab?
3. What does Tristan learn when he visits Alfred in the hospital?
4. Susannah's father, Arthur, comes to Montana for a sporting expedition and buys what as a wedding present?
5. Tristan buys whiskey to take home and sell to whom?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)