|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nordstrom's secretary, Ms. Dietrich, has to leave after getting too drunk, ending what plans?
(a) To make a toast to Nordstrom.
(b) To ask Nordstrom on a date.
(c) To quit her job.
(d) To sleep with Nordstrom again.
2. He writes in his journal, thinking again about what?
(a) Becoming a cook.
(b) His daughter.
(c) Quitting and giving away all his money.
3. Why do the brothers ride off to Canada?
(a) To visit relatives.
(b) To escape the war.
(c) To go hunting.
(d) To join the Great War.
4. Tristan smuggles whiskey through the wilderness and makes a __________ profit.
5. Why does the British officer release the ship?
(a) Tristan requests it.
(b) He does not want Tristan to kill him.
(c) As a reward for the delivery.
(d) He has no reason to keep it.
6. Tristan directs his grief into what?
(a) The effort of breaking a difficult young stallion.
(c) The repairs of the farmhouse.
(d) His marriage to Susannah.
7. Susannah's father, Arthur, comes to Montana for a sporting expedition and buys what as a wedding present?
(a) New stallions.
(b) A herd of horses.
(c) A house in town.
(d) The neighboring ranch.
8. How long does Ludlow stay in his room after his sons leave?
(a) A month.
(b) A day.
(c) A week.
(d) A year.
9. How does Susannah feel about Tristan leaving?
10. Alfred secretly loves Susannah. When he comes to visit, how does Susannah react to him?
(a) She falls in love with him.
(b) She flirts with him.
(c) She hardly notices him.
(d) She ignores him.
11. Nordstrom hits Slats who replies with what?
(a) A death threat.
(b) A gun pointed in Norstrom's face.
(c) A punch in the face.
(d) A glare.
12. Who does Ludlow insist on tutoring?
(a) His friend, Isabel Two.
(b) His niece, Isabel Two.
(c) His daughter, Isabel Two.
(d) His ranch foreman's daughter, Isabel Two.
13. How are Tristan and Susannah caught embracing?
(a) Alfred has someone following her.
(b) They embrace in front of Alfred.
(c) Susannah embraces Tristan in public.
(d) Alfred has gone looking for Tristan.
14. Phillip talks philosophically about what?
(a) What happens when a person's father dies.
(b) What happens when someone commits adultery.
(c) What educational approach is the most effective.
(d) What is best for Mexico.
15. Nordstrom takes Sonia and Philip to see who?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tristan and Susannah marry before Samuel's funeral against whose wishes?
2. Why is Susannah better?
3. Nordstrom's financial adviser insists that Nordstrom see who?
4. What does Tristan learn when he visits Alfred in the hospital?
5. Sarah arrives, wanting to talk where?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)