|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Alfred cannot reason with Tristan, where does the army send Tristan?
(a) To a mental hospital in Paris.
(c) To a mental hospital in New York.
(d) To battle.
2. They stop for the night at a homesteader's home where Samuel does what?
(a) Helps with the farming.
(b) Meets his future wife.
(c) Takes an interest in the man's daughter.
(d) Becomes friends with the homesteader.
3. Captain Ludlow makes Tristan cooperate with the British war mission for what reason?
(a) So they can get a new ship.
(b) So they will survive.
(c) So they will be paid.
(d) So they can keep the ship.
4. What does Nordstrom think about what Phillip says?
(a) It is probably not true.
(b) It is probably true.
(c) It is unlikely.
(d) It is not true.
5. Nordstrom adds the next room to his suite and does what?
(a) Calls Laura.
(b) Takes a nap.
(c) Watches television.
(d) Invites guests over for a party.
6. Nordstrom takes Sonia and Philip to see who?
7. Nordstrom walks from Brookline to Cambridge for what?
(a) To meet his daughter.
(b) To see a friend.
(c) To go to a dance concert.
(d) His appointment with the psychiatrist.
8. How far does Tristan carry Isabel Two?
(a) For a few feet.
(b) For miles.
(c) For a block.
(d) For a mile.
9. Who are the three brothers?
(a) Allan, Turner, and Steven.
(b) Aaron, Timothy, and Stephen.
(c) Albert, Tyler, and Seth.
(d) Alfred, Tristan, and Samuel.
10. What habit does Nordstrom disclose?
(a) Staring at the sea.
(b) Being preoccupied with sex.
(c) Dancing alone.
11. Sonia asks Nordstrom to visit her where?
(a) In Australia.
(b) In France.
(c) In Italy.
(d) In China.
12. Each of the people in Nordstrom's life has his own views about Nordstrom's mid-life crisis. Are any of them able to convince him to change his plans?
(c) Only at first.
13. In the morning, Nordstrom gets ready to meet with Sarah and adds what to his boot?
(a) A straight razor.
(b) A gun.
(c) A cell phone.
(d) A screw driver.
14. What alerts Nordstrom to Berto's entrance?
(a) He hears his spoon and beer can alarm.
(b) He hears his door open.
(c) He hears Berto's voice.
(d) He see Berto in the mirror.
15. Just after the stock market crash, Tristan, Isabel Two, Decker, and two ranch hands make a trip to deliver what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nordstrom follow Laura, where she and Sarah have been making frequent trips to snort cocaine?
2. What does Nordstrom ask Phillip's friend, the Sephard, to arrange?
3. Nordstrom tells Laura, Sonia, and Phillip that he plans to cash in his trip tickets and do what?
4. How does Sarah respond when Nordstrom makes a counter offer?
5. While Sarah is in the bathroom, what does Nordstrom do?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)