|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Their father's Cheyenne friend, ____________, guides the brothers through the Montana wilderness.
(a) Sitting Bull.
(b) One Stab.
(c) Crazy Horse.
(d) One Heart.
2. What happens when Tristan tries to calm Susannah?
(a) He ends up angering her.
(b) He ends up worrying her.
(c) He ends up upsetting her.
(d) He ends up giving her false hope again.
3. For what is Susannah waiting that helps her improve again?
(a) Winter, when she will be with Tristan again.
(b) The birth of a child.
(c) Alfred's return in the spring.
(d) Spring, when she will be with Tristan again.
4. What does Nordstrom ask Phillip's friend, the Sephard, to arrange?
(a) A graduation party for Sonia.
(b) A dinner for Laura.
(c) An engagement party for Sonia.
(d) A concert for Sonia.
5. At a celebratory dinner, they all watch another party which is rich from what?
(a) Smuggling liquor.
(b) Smuggling cattle.
(c) Smuggling cigarettes.
(d) Smuggling opium.
6. What habit does Nordstrom disclose?
(a) Being preoccupied with sex.
(c) Staring at the sea.
(d) Dancing alone.
7. Sarah offers him a line of cocaine, but what does Nordstrom want?
(a) To tell the police.
(b) To leave.
(c) To kiss Laura.
(d) To have sex with one of them.
8. The honyocker's daughter leaves with what?
(a) A lock of Samuel's hair.
(b) A photo of Samuel.
(c) Samuel's gold pocket watch.
9. Tristan goes to deliver some whiskey for a party at Alfred's house, hoping to do what?
(a) See Susannah.
(b) Avoid Susannah.
(c) Set Susannah straight.
(d) Apologize to Susannah.
10. Where does Nordstrom follow Laura, where she and Sarah have been making frequent trips to snort cocaine?
(a) To a hotel room.
(b) To her bedroom.
(c) To a coat closet.
(d) To the restroom.
11. Nordstrom hits Slats who replies with what?
(a) A death threat.
(b) A gun pointed in Norstrom's face.
(c) A punch in the face.
(d) A glare.
12. Why do the brothers ride off to Canada?
(a) To escape the war.
(b) To go hunting.
(c) To join the Great War.
(d) To visit relatives.
13. Alfred returns home to Washington DC, where Susannah is suffering from what?
(c) A deep depression.
14. Who are the three brothers?
(a) Alfred, Tristan, and Samuel.
(b) Aaron, Timothy, and Stephen.
(c) Albert, Tyler, and Seth.
(d) Allan, Turner, and Steven.
15. Tristan directs his grief into what?
(a) The repairs of the farmhouse.
(b) The effort of breaking a difficult young stallion.
(d) His marriage to Susannah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nordstrom tells the psychiatrist that he wants to be like who?
2. Where does Tristan take a leave?
3. How long does Ludlow stay in his room after his sons leave?
4. When the psychiatrist asks what interests him, how does Nordstrom answer?
5. They stop for the night at a homesteader's home where Samuel does what?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)