|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Isabel think regarding one of her sons?
(a) Why he decided to go to war.
(b) Her damaged relationship with him.
(c) Where he is.
(d) When he will return home.
2. Phillip talks philosophically about what?
(a) What educational approach is the most effective.
(b) What happens when someone commits adultery.
(c) What is best for Mexico.
(d) What happens when a person's father dies.
3. Nordstrom has insomnia and dances without music for what reason?
(a) He enjoys dancing to silence.
(b) He does not want to bother his neighbors.
(c) He does not like music.
(d) To avoid waking Phillip and Sonia.
4. Why do the brothers ride off to Canada?
(a) To escape the war.
(b) To visit relatives.
(c) To join the Great War.
(d) To go hunting.
5. Where does Nordstrom follow Laura, where she and Sarah have been making frequent trips to snort cocaine?
(a) To the restroom.
(b) To a coat closet.
(c) To her bedroom.
(d) To a hotel room.
6. Nordstrom meets with Sonia and the broker and convinces them of his convictions by giving money to who?
(a) The American Diabetes Association.
(b) The Sierra Club.
(c) The American Red Cross.
(d) The National Audubon Society.
7. Susannah's father, Arthur, comes to Montana for a sporting expedition and buys what as a wedding present?
(a) A house in town.
(b) The neighboring ranch.
(c) A herd of horses.
(d) New stallions.
8. Nordstrom hits Slats who replies with what?
(a) A glare.
(b) A gun pointed in Norstrom's face.
(c) A punch in the face.
(d) A death threat.
9. He listens to the radio and longs to do what?
(a) Go to the Caribbean.
(b) See his daughter.
(c) Be with his wife.
10. What does Nordstrom ask Phillip's friend, the Sephard, to arrange?
(a) A dinner for Laura.
(b) An engagement party for Sonia.
(c) A graduation party for Sonia.
(d) A concert for Sonia.
11. Where does Tristan quickly go to follow the Irishmen?
(c) Santa Fe.
12. Thanks to Phillip, everyone knows what about Nordstrom?
(a) He does not know Sonia very well.
(b) He has given away all his money and is going on a long trip.
(c) He is moving.
(d) He is getting divorced.
13. What does Susannah get Tristan to do?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Make love to her.
(c) Leave her.
(d) Apologize to her.
14. Each of the people in Nordstrom's life has his own views about Nordstrom's mid-life crisis. Are any of them able to convince him to change his plans?
(b) Only at first.
15. Susannah tells Tristan that she plans to do what?
(a) Run away.
(b) Kill Alfred.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nordstrom tells Laura, Sonia, and Phillip that he plans to cash in his trip tickets and do what?
2. Where does Tristan take a leave?
3. Tristan buys whiskey to take home and sell to whom?
4. He walks home the next morning and is upset by seeing what?
5. Nordstrom spends the night doing what?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)