|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nordstrom takes Sonia and Philip to see who?
2. Sonia asks Nordstrom to visit her where?
(a) In France.
(b) In Australia.
(c) In Italy.
(d) In China.
3. What does Nordstrom ask Phillip's friend, the Sephard, to arrange?
(a) A graduation party for Sonia.
(b) A dinner for Laura.
(c) A concert for Sonia.
(d) An engagement party for Sonia.
4. What does Tristan do after he rushes to find Samuel?
(a) He takes Samuel's body home.
(b) He sends Samuel back to Harvard.
(c) He cannot find Samuel.
(d) He cuts out his heart.
5. What does Susannah get Tristan to do?
(a) Make love to her.
(b) Apologize to her.
(c) Leave her.
(d) Kiss her.
6. What happens after Ludlow sends Decker to Helena for supplies?
(a) Ludlow hears that his son died.
(b) Ludlow receives a letter from his wife.
(c) One Stab returns home.
(d) A US Marshall comes to ask about Decker.
7. What does Tristan learn when he visits Alfred in the hospital?
(a) Samuel has died.
(b) Samuel is missing.
(c) Samuel has returned home.
(d) Samuel married the homesteader's daughter.
8. In the summer, Tristan makes imaginary plans with Susannah, but only wants what?
(a) Her to leave him alone.
(b) Her to have a child to replace Samuel.
(c) To have Samuel return.
(d) To be alone.
9. They stop for the night at a homesteader's home where Samuel does what?
(a) Becomes friends with the homesteader.
(b) Takes an interest in the man's daughter.
(c) Helps with the farming.
(d) Meets his future wife.
10. How does Tristan complete the mission?
(a) With some difficulty.
(c) Without too much difficulty.
(d) With much difficulty.
11. When Alfred cannot reason with Tristan, where does the army send Tristan?
(b) To a mental hospital in New York.
(c) To a mental hospital in Paris.
(d) To battle.
12. Alfred secretly loves Susannah. When he comes to visit, how does Susannah react to him?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She hardly notices him.
(c) She flirts with him.
(d) She falls in love with him.
13. Why is Susannah better?
(a) She is near Alfred.
(b) Only because Tristan's letter gives her false hope.
(c) Tristan says he loves her.
(d) She has been put on strong medication.
14. Nordstrom tells Laura, Sonia, and Phillip that he plans to cash in his trip tickets and do what?
(a) Go to cooking school.
(b) Go on a vacation.
(c) Find a new job.
(d) Get remarried.
15. Phillip talks philosophically about what?
(a) What is best for Mexico.
(b) What happens when someone commits adultery.
(c) What happens when a person's father dies.
(d) What educational approach is the most effective.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alfred buy a house in Helena?
2. Tristan finally tells Susannah of his plans to meet his grandfather where?
3. The honyocker's daughter leaves with what?
4. While Sarah is in the bathroom, what does Nordstrom do?
5. Nordstrom's financial adviser insists that Nordstrom see who?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)