|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Alfred cannot reason with Tristan, where does the army send Tristan?
(b) To battle.
(c) To a mental hospital in New York.
(d) To a mental hospital in Paris.
2. Nordstrom goes to the ceremony and reception for Sonia's college graduation and is somehow surprised about what?
(a) Being sad at the party.
(b) Not knowing anyone.
(c) To see so many of Sonia's friends.
(d) To see Laura.
3. Nordstrom adds the next room to his suite and does what?
(a) Takes a nap.
(b) Calls Laura.
(c) Watches television.
(d) Invites guests over for a party.
4. They stop for the night at a homesteader's home where Samuel does what?
(a) Becomes friends with the homesteader.
(b) Takes an interest in the man's daughter.
(c) Helps with the farming.
(d) Meets his future wife.
5. Nordstrom tells Laura, Sonia, and Phillip that he plans to cash in his trip tickets and do what?
(a) Find a new job.
(b) Go on a vacation.
(c) Get remarried.
(d) Go to cooking school.
6. Captain Ludlow makes Tristan cooperate with the British war mission for what reason?
(a) So they will survive.
(b) So they can get a new ship.
(c) So they will be paid.
(d) So they can keep the ship.
7. After the graduation reception, Nordstrom tries to give Sonia what?
8. He writes in his journal, thinking again about what?
(a) Becoming a cook.
(b) Quitting and giving away all his money.
(d) His daughter.
9. Nordstrom spends the night doing what?
(a) Drinking alone.
(b) Dancing in the dark.
(c) Playing poker with men from the shipping department.
(d) Talking to his secretary.
10. How does Susannah feel about Tristan leaving?
11. Just after the stock market crash, Tristan, Isabel Two, Decker, and two ranch hands make a trip to deliver what?
12. Sarah offers him a line of cocaine, but what does Nordstrom want?
(a) To have sex with one of them.
(b) To leave.
(c) To kiss Laura.
(d) To tell the police.
13. What happens after Ludlow sends Decker to Helena for supplies?
(a) One Stab returns home.
(b) A US Marshall comes to ask about Decker.
(c) Ludlow hears that his son died.
(d) Ludlow receives a letter from his wife.
14. What does Nordstrom think about what Phillip says?
(a) It is probably true.
(b) It is not true.
(c) It is probably not true.
(d) It is unlikely.
15. What does Susannah get Tristan to do?
(a) Apologize to her.
(b) Make love to her.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Leave her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nordstrom ask Phillip's friend, the Sephard, to arrange?
2. Tristan comes down with dysentery in dangerous seas and barely escapes with both his life and the ship. His fevers make him delirious. He stands on the bowspirit and hallucinates what?
3. When the psychiatrist asks what interests him, how does Nordstrom answer?
4. The honyocker's daughter leaves with what?
5. Sonia asks Nordstrom to visit her where?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)