|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What habit does Nordstrom disclose?
(a) Dancing alone.
(b) Staring at the sea.
(d) Being preoccupied with sex.
2. Why do the brothers ride off to Canada?
(a) To go hunting.
(b) To escape the war.
(c) To visit relatives.
(d) To join the Great War.
3. When Sarah returns, what does she present to Nordstrom?
(a) Slat's offer to not kill him for $20,000.
(b) Slat's offer to not kill him for $15,000.
(c) Slat's offer to not kill him for $10,000.
(d) Slat's offer to not kill him for $25,000.
4. When Ludlow finally goes downstairs to dinner, what depresses him?
(a) The sight of the empty dining room.
(b) Being alone.
(c) The sight of the servants having nothing to do.
(d) The sight of his wife sitting alone.
5. What does Nordstrom do when Berto comes in?
(a) He shoots him.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He hides.
(d) He grabs Berto and throws him out the window.
6. Just after the stock market crash, Tristan, Isabel Two, Decker, and two ranch hands make a trip to deliver what?
7. What alerts Nordstrom to Berto's entrance?
(a) He hears Berto's voice.
(b) He see Berto in the mirror.
(c) He hears his door open.
(d) He hears his spoon and beer can alarm.
8. Where does Nordstrom want to be?
(a) Cooking in a restaurant by the ocean.
(b) On vacation with Sonia.
(c) With Laura again.
(d) Sitting on a beach chair staring at the ocean.
9. Nordstrom walks from Brookline to Cambridge for what?
(a) To meet his daughter.
(b) His appointment with the psychiatrist.
(c) To go to a dance concert.
(d) To see a friend.
10. Susannah tells Tristan that she plans to do what?
(a) Kill Alfred.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Run away.
11. Tristan and Susannah marry before Samuel's funeral against whose wishes?
(a) His own wishes.
(b) Her mother's wishes.
(c) His father's wishes.
(d) His mother's wishes.
12. Where does Tristan take a leave?
(a) In China.
(b) In Nairobi.
(c) In South Africa.
(d) In Egypt.
13. Their father's Cheyenne friend, ____________, guides the brothers through the Montana wilderness.
(a) Sitting Bull.
(b) One Heart.
(c) One Stab.
(d) Crazy Horse.
14. What happens after Ludlow sends Decker to Helena for supplies?
(a) A US Marshall comes to ask about Decker.
(b) One Stab returns home.
(c) Ludlow hears that his son died.
(d) Ludlow receives a letter from his wife.
15. About what does Isabel think regarding one of her sons?
(a) Her damaged relationship with him.
(b) Why he decided to go to war.
(c) Where he is.
(d) When he will return home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Susannah's father provide Alfred with an office in Helena?
2. Tristan goes to deliver some whiskey for a party at Alfred's house, hoping to do what?
3. Tristan directs his grief into what?
4. What happens when Tristan tries to calm Susannah?
5. Nordstrom hits Slats who replies with what?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)