|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far does Tristan carry Isabel Two?
(a) For a mile.
(b) For miles.
(c) For a few feet.
(d) For a block.
2. Why do the brothers ride off to Canada?
(a) To visit relatives.
(b) To join the Great War.
(c) To escape the war.
(d) To go hunting.
3. Nordstrom tells Laura, Sonia, and Phillip that he plans to cash in his trip tickets and do what?
(a) Find a new job.
(b) Go to cooking school.
(c) Get remarried.
(d) Go on a vacation.
4. What does the grief of Samuel's death do to Ludlow?
(a) It almost kills him.
(b) It makes him ill.
(c) It ages him overnight.
(d) It depresses him.
5. When Sarah returns, what does she present to Nordstrom?
(a) Slat's offer to not kill him for $20,000.
(b) Slat's offer to not kill him for $15,000.
(c) Slat's offer to not kill him for $10,000.
(d) Slat's offer to not kill him for $25,000.
6. Just after the stock market crash, Tristan, Isabel Two, Decker, and two ranch hands make a trip to deliver what?
7. Who are the three brothers?
(a) Alfred, Tristan, and Samuel.
(b) Allan, Turner, and Steven.
(c) Albert, Tyler, and Seth.
(d) Aaron, Timothy, and Stephen.
8. The honyocker's daughter leaves with what?
(b) Samuel's gold pocket watch.
(c) A photo of Samuel.
(d) A lock of Samuel's hair.
9. Why does Alfred buy a house in Helena?
(a) He hopes Susannah will get over Tristan.
(b) He hopes Susannah will fall in love with Tristan.
(c) He hopes to impress Susannah.
(d) He hopes Susannah will do better helping Tristan with his children.
10. How does Tristan complete the mission?
(a) Without too much difficulty.
(c) With some difficulty.
(d) With much difficulty.
11. Nordstrom takes Sonia and Philip to see who?
12. Why does Susannah's father provide Alfred with an office in Helena?
(a) To keep him close to the family.
(b) To become a politician so that Alfred can support his economic interests.
(c) To keep him away from Susannah.
(d) To help give him some extra income.
13. Where does Nordstrom follow Laura, where she and Sarah have been making frequent trips to snort cocaine?
(a) To a hotel room.
(b) To a coat closet.
(c) To the restroom.
(d) To her bedroom.
14. What does the company plan for Nordstrom's leaving?
(a) A party.
(b) A concert.
(c) A dance.
(d) A dinner.
15. What happens when the officers shoot their rifles into the air aimlessly?
(a) One bullet ricochets and injures Isabel Two.
(b) One bullet ricochets and injures One Stab.
(c) One bullet ricochets and injures Tristan.
(d) One bullet ricochets and kills Isabel Two.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alerts Nordstrom to Berto's entrance?
2. Nordstrom's secretary, Ms. Dietrich, has to leave after getting too drunk, ending what plans?
3. Nordstrom has insomnia and dances without music for what reason?
4. How does Susannah feel about Tristan leaving?
5. Sarah offers him a line of cocaine, but what does Nordstrom want?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)