|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alfred secretly loves Susannah. When he comes to visit, how does Susannah react to him?
(a) She flirts with him.
(b) She falls in love with him.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She hardly notices him.
2. The brothers and their father's Native American friend stop at a tavern where Tristan beats the owner for what reason?
(a) His prejudice against One Heart.
(b) His prejudice against Crazy Horse.
(c) His prejudice against One Stab.
(d) His prejudice against Sitting Bull.
3. What happens after Tristan asks Ludlow to remember that Alfred is his son?
(a) Ludlow ignores Tristan.
(b) Ludlow and Alfred finally reconcile and embrace.
(c) Alfred walks away from Ludlow.
(d) Ludlow and Alfred finally reconcile and shake hands.
4. Nordstrom's financial adviser insists that Nordstrom see who?
(a) A psychiatrist.
(b) A friend.
5. Tristan comes down with dysentery in dangerous seas and barely escapes with both his life and the ship. His fevers make him delirious. He stands on the bowspirit and hallucinates what?
(a) That he sees both Samuel and Susannah.
(b) That he sees Susannah.
(c) That he sees Isabel Two.
(d) That he sees his mother and brothers.
6. Nordstrom hits Slats who replies with what?
(a) A glare.
(b) A death threat.
(c) A punch in the face.
(d) A gun pointed in Norstrom's face.
7. Tristan goes to deliver some whiskey for a party at Alfred's house, hoping to do what?
(a) Avoid Susannah.
(b) See Susannah.
(c) Set Susannah straight.
(d) Apologize to Susannah.
8. Tristan sends a picture of himself with what to One Stab?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A zebra.
(c) An Arabian stallion.
(d) A dead rhinoceros.
9. When Sarah returns, what does she present to Nordstrom?
(a) Slat's offer to not kill him for $10,000.
(b) Slat's offer to not kill him for $15,000.
(c) Slat's offer to not kill him for $20,000.
(d) Slat's offer to not kill him for $25,000.
10. Where does Tristan quickly go to follow the Irishmen?
(b) Santa Fe.
11. Where does Tristan take a leave?
(a) In South Africa.
(b) In China.
(c) In Nairobi.
(d) In Egypt.
12. Phillip talks philosophically about what?
(a) What happens when someone commits adultery.
(b) What happens when a person's father dies.
(c) What is best for Mexico.
(d) What educational approach is the most effective.
13. He walks home the next morning and is upset by seeing what?
(a) Homeless people sleeping in a tent.
(b) No one on the street.
(c) Trash all over the road.
(d) An old black man in a puddle of vomit and a diseased tree.
14. The honyocker's daughter leaves with what?
(a) A lock of Samuel's hair.
(b) A photo of Samuel.
(c) Samuel's gold pocket watch.
15. What does the grief of Samuel's death do to Ludlow?
(a) It almost kills him.
(b) It makes him ill.
(c) It depresses him.
(d) It ages him overnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Susannah tells Tristan that she plans to do what?
2. Tristan directs his grief into what?
3. The brothers' father, Ludlow, regrets what?
4. Where does Nordstrom follow Laura, where she and Sarah have been making frequent trips to snort cocaine?
5. How does Sarah respond when Nordstrom makes a counter offer?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)