|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One Stab accompanies Tristan to the train station and gives Tristan what, which Tristan keeps until his death at age eighty-four?
(a) A gun.
(b) A book.
(c) His skinning knife.
(d) A letter.
2. Nordstrom meets with Sonia and the broker and convinces them of his convictions by giving money to who?
(a) The National Audubon Society.
(b) The Sierra Club.
(c) The American Diabetes Association.
(d) The American Red Cross.
3. Where does Nordstrom want to be?
(a) Cooking in a restaurant by the ocean.
(b) With Laura again.
(c) Sitting on a beach chair staring at the ocean.
(d) On vacation with Sonia.
4. Where does Nordstrom follow Laura, where she and Sarah have been making frequent trips to snort cocaine?
(a) To her bedroom.
(b) To a coat closet.
(c) To the restroom.
(d) To a hotel room.
5. Nordstrom's secretary, Ms. Dietrich, has to leave after getting too drunk, ending what plans?
(a) To quit her job.
(b) To make a toast to Nordstrom.
(c) To sleep with Nordstrom again.
(d) To ask Nordstrom on a date.
6. Alfred returns home to Washington DC, where Susannah is suffering from what?
(d) A deep depression.
7. What does Susannah get Tristan to do?
(a) Leave her.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Apologize to her.
(d) Make love to her.
8. At a celebratory dinner, they all watch another party which is rich from what?
(a) Smuggling opium.
(b) Smuggling liquor.
(c) Smuggling cattle.
(d) Smuggling cigarettes.
9. Thanks to Phillip, everyone knows what about Nordstrom?
(a) He does not know Sonia very well.
(b) He has given away all his money and is going on a long trip.
(c) He is getting divorced.
(d) He is moving.
10. Why does the British officer release the ship?
(a) Tristan requests it.
(b) As a reward for the delivery.
(c) He does not want Tristan to kill him.
(d) He has no reason to keep it.
11. He walks home the next morning and is upset by seeing what?
(a) Trash all over the road.
(b) An old black man in a puddle of vomit and a diseased tree.
(c) No one on the street.
(d) Homeless people sleeping in a tent.
12. What happens after Tristan asks Ludlow to remember that Alfred is his son?
(a) Ludlow and Alfred finally reconcile and embrace.
(b) Ludlow ignores Tristan.
(c) Alfred walks away from Ludlow.
(d) Ludlow and Alfred finally reconcile and shake hands.
13. What happens after Ludlow sends Decker to Helena for supplies?
(a) A US Marshall comes to ask about Decker.
(b) Ludlow receives a letter from his wife.
(c) One Stab returns home.
(d) Ludlow hears that his son died.
14. For what is Susannah waiting that helps her improve again?
(a) Spring, when she will be with Tristan again.
(b) Winter, when she will be with Tristan again.
(c) Alfred's return in the spring.
(d) The birth of a child.
15. A tall black man named Slats and his Italian friend named Berto come in and do what?
(a) Threaten Laura.
(b) Steal from the party goers.
(c) Yell at Nordstrom.
(d) Grab Sarah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tristan do after he rushes to find Samuel?
2. What does Tristan learn when he visits Alfred in the hospital?
3. Who does Ludlow insist on tutoring?
4. What does Nordstrom do when Berto comes in?
5. Captain Ludlow makes Tristan cooperate with the British war mission for what reason?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)