|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After making the ivory delivery, what does Tristan agree to transport to San Francisco?
2. The brothers' father, Ludlow, regrets what?
(a) Letting his sons go hunting without him.
(b) Letting Samuel go to war instead of sending him back to Harvard.
(c) Letting his Native American friend risk his life.
(d) Letting his sons go to war instead of sending them back to Harvard.
3. Nordstrom adds the next room to his suite and does what?
(a) Calls Laura.
(b) Watches television.
(c) Invites guests over for a party.
(d) Takes a nap.
4. Thanks to Phillip, everyone knows what about Nordstrom?
(a) He is getting divorced.
(b) He has given away all his money and is going on a long trip.
(c) He does not know Sonia very well.
(d) He is moving.
5. How does Susannah feel about Tristan leaving?
6. Nordstrom's financial adviser insists that Nordstrom see who?
(b) A friend.
(c) A psychiatrist.
7. He walks home the next morning and is upset by seeing what?
(a) An old black man in a puddle of vomit and a diseased tree.
(b) Homeless people sleeping in a tent.
(c) Trash all over the road.
(d) No one on the street.
8. What does Nordstrom do when Berto comes in?
(a) He hides.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He shoots him.
(d) He grabs Berto and throws him out the window.
9. Why is Susannah better?
(a) She has been put on strong medication.
(b) Tristan says he loves her.
(c) Only because Tristan's letter gives her false hope.
(d) She is near Alfred.
10. He writes in his journal, thinking again about what?
(a) Becoming a cook.
(b) Quitting and giving away all his money.
(d) His daughter.
11. When Sarah returns, what does she present to Nordstrom?
(a) Slat's offer to not kill him for $25,000.
(b) Slat's offer to not kill him for $20,000.
(c) Slat's offer to not kill him for $10,000.
(d) Slat's offer to not kill him for $15,000.
12. Their father's Cheyenne friend, ____________, guides the brothers through the Montana wilderness.
(a) Crazy Horse.
(b) One Heart.
(c) Sitting Bull.
(d) One Stab.
13. What does Tristan learn when he visits Alfred in the hospital?
(a) Samuel married the homesteader's daughter.
(b) Samuel is missing.
(c) Samuel has died.
(d) Samuel has returned home.
14. Nordstrom hits Slats who replies with what?
(a) A glare.
(b) A punch in the face.
(c) A death threat.
(d) A gun pointed in Norstrom's face.
15. While Sarah is in the bathroom, what does Nordstrom do?
(a) He runs out of the hotel room.
(b) He looks out the window.
(c) He calls the police.
(d) He takes a gun from her purse and puts it under his mattress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nordstrom's secretary, Ms. Dietrich, has to leave after getting too drunk, ending what plans?
2. He listens to the radio and longs to do what?
3. For what is Susannah waiting that helps her improve again?
4. What happens when the officers shoot their rifles into the air aimlessly?
5. What happens after Tristan asks Ludlow to remember that Alfred is his son?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)