|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mauro leaves, what does the Texan give Cochran?
(a) The pearl-handled knife.
(b) A horse.
(c) A large amount of money.
(d) The coyote teeth necklace.
2. Why does Cochran decide to skip the hotel in Douglas?
(a) He finds a better hotel.
(b) He wants to begin his weekend with Miryea.
(c) To avoid any chance of being seen.
(d) He does not have the money to pay for the room.
3. Nordstrom tries to talk to Laura about changing his life and gets what instead?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A slap in the face.
(c) Unfinished oral sex.
(d) A hug.
4. How does Henry respond when Nordstrom asks him to be a pallbearer?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He becomes angry.
(c) He says nothing.
(d) He agrees.
5. Nordstrom comes out of the woods and goes where?
(a) Into a school.
(b) Into his home.
(c) Into a store.
(d) Into a tavern.
6. Where does Diller bring Cochran?
(a) Back to his mission clinic.
(b) To a hospital.
(c) To Mexico.
(d) To his home.
7. When the nun meets The Crazy One at a restaurant to ask for a doctor, what does he tell her?
(a) That he will notify Tibey.
(b) That he will find her a doctor.
(c) To find a doctor quickly.
(d) To wait.
8. Tibey moves Miryea to an asylum and does what to keep her there?
(a) Bribes the nuns with a huge donation.
(b) Threatens her.
(c) Threatens the nuns with their lives.
(d) Convinces the nuns that she is very ill.
9. Just before his daughter leaves for college, what do Nordstrom and Laura finally realize?
(a) Their marriage needs help.
(b) They no longer find each other attractive.
(c) Their marriage is over.
(d) They want to fix their marriage.
10. Who does Amador recognize and realize has been watching Cochran for some time?
(a) The actress-model.
(b) The Crazy One.
11. After giving warnings to Cochran and forgiving the first few meetings with Miryea, when does Tibey break down?
(a) When he hears Miryea tell her sister about the great love of her life.
(b) When Miryea tells him about her great love.
(c) When Miryea runs away.
(d) When Cochran and Miryea run away.
12. Why does Nordstrom cry in the restroom?
(a) About losing the things that have bound them together.
(b) He does not know what he will do with his life.
(c) He loves Laura.
(d) He hates Laura.
13. Nordstrom cooks for twenty before what?
(a) Everyone tires of him.
(b) His daughter moves out.
(c) His daughter sends everyone home.
(d) Everyone leaves to go back to school.
14. On what does Amador brief Cochran?
(a) Where he will find Miryea.
(b) A house where he can stay out of sight of Tibey's men.
(c) How he should behave like a movie director.
(d) Where he will be living until issues are worked out between him and Tibey.
15. To make Cochran's extended stay look plausible, what does Amador suggest?
(a) Inviting the actress-model for dinner.
(b) Taking acting courses.
(c) Going onto a movie set.
(d) Moving back to Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cochran and the Texan spend the night in the rancher's guest house, where what happens?
2. What starts to happen to Cochran's cover story?
3. What does Laura ask Nordstrom when she sees him?
4. Who is Diller?
5. In college, for what does Nordstrom sign up?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)