|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Amador warn Cochran?
(a) His danger.
(b) His own ill health.
(c) Miryea's ill health.
(d) Tibey's threats.
2. Cochran is warned about what, regarding Tibey?
(a) His power.
(b) His reputation for vengence.
(c) His influence.
(d) His money.
3. On what does Nordstrom spend the next few years?
(a) A series of unsuccessful experiments to find whatever is missing in his life.
(b) Getting to know his daughter better.
(c) A new college degree.
(d) Building up a new business.
4. Who does Tibey threaten?
(b) The man Miryea stabbed.
(c) The Crazy One.
(d) The Texan.
5. Why does Amador remind Cochran to be patient?
(a) So that he and Miryea can leave the country alive.
(b) So that he will not blow his cover.
(c) So that he will not do anything illegal.
(d) So that he will be able to get revenge on Tibey.
6. What does Henry do after he and Nordstrom talk?
(a) He kicks Nordstrom out.
(b) He gives Nordstrom a ride back home.
(c) He gives Nordstrom a ride to the airport.
(d) He walks out the door.
7. In college, for what does Nordstrom sign up?
(a) A music class.
(b) An art class.
(c) A theater class.
(d) A dance class.
8. What does Nordstrom realize when he tries to connect with his daughter, Sonia?
(a) He does not really know her.
(b) They have very little in common.
(c) She does not want to see him.
(d) He cannot get a hold of her.
9. Nordstrom and Laura make love with the passion of their first date in the country. How does Nordstrom feel at this time?
(a) Sex cannot fill Nordstrom's emptiness.
(b) Their can be repaired.
(c) Laura still loves him.
(d) He does not want to lose Laura.
10. From what is Cochran dying?
(a) Heat and dehydration.
(c) A gunshot wound.
(d) Heart disease.
11. Nordstrom is much happier the summer he spends with his daughter, how many years after the divorce?
12. With what does Cochran come down?
(d) Heart disease.
13. In the locker room, what does Tibey's chauffeur give Cochran?
(a) A one-way ticket and several thousand dollars with a note about the match.
(b) A note from Tibey.
(c) An empty threat.
(d) A set of keys to a car.
14. How does Tibey keep Miryea submissive?
(a) With marijuana.
(b) With cocaine.
(c) With sleeping pills.
(d) With heroin.
15. Has Miryea made any progress with the autistic children?
(d) Quite a bit.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the clinic, Cochran is polite, distant and helpful, but what bad dreams does he have?
2. The mission has a feast in honor of Cochran's recovery and departure, where there is singing and joking. When does Cochran become upset?
3. At the end of the semester, what does Nordstrom do blindfolded?
4. What happens as Cochran and Miryea sleep in front of the fire?
5. Who overhears the conversation between the nun and The Crazy One?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)