|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the nun meets The Crazy One at a restaurant to ask for a doctor, what does he tell her?
(a) That he will notify Tibey.
(b) To wait.
(c) To find a doctor quickly.
(d) That he will find her a doctor.
2. Tibey sends for a society doctor and decides to give up what?
(b) Hope that Miryea will survive.
(c) His search for Cochran.
(d) His love for Miryea.
3. Tibey gets Miryea presentable and takes her where?
(a) To a whorehouse in Durango.
(b) To a hotel.
(c) On a vacation.
(d) To a nunnery.
4. In college, for what does Nordstrom sign up?
(a) A theater class.
(b) An art class.
(c) A dance class.
(d) A music class.
5. When Mauro leaves, what does the Texan give Cochran?
(a) The pearl-handled knife.
(b) A horse.
(c) The coyote teeth necklace.
(d) A large amount of money.
6. He likes to do what instead of keeping up with the world?
(b) Watch the sea.
7. What happens when Nordstrom kisses his father?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He sneezes.
(d) He cries.
8. Of what does Amador warn Cochran?
(a) Tibey's threats.
(b) His own ill health.
(c) His danger.
(d) Miryea's ill health.
9. Nordstrom tries to talk to Laura about changing his life and gets what instead?
(a) Unfinished oral sex.
(b) A slap in the face.
(c) A hug.
(d) A kiss.
10. Nordstrom is much happier the summer he spends with his daughter, how many years after the divorce?
11. Tibey tells The Crazy One to do what?
(a) Move to Tuscan.
(b) Kill Cochran.
(c) Leave Cochran alone.
(d) Just watch Cochran for now.
12. Cochran and the Texan spend the night in the rancher's guest house, where what happens?
(a) The Texan dies in the night.
(b) Cochran becomes ill in the night.
(c) Cochran dies in the night.
(d) The Texan becomes ill in the night.
13. Why does Tibey think about shooting The Crazy One?
(a) He is no longer needed.
(b) He does not want to have to pay him.
(c) To end the revenge.
(d) He is tired of him.
14. Who is Diller?
(a) Cochran's brother.
(b) The mission doctor and priest.
(c) Miryea's husband.
(d) Mauro's politician brother.
15. Who does Tibey threaten?
(a) The Crazy One.
(b) The Texan.
(c) The man Miryea stabbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tibe worry about Miryea dying?
2. Has Miryea made any progress with the autistic children?
3. At the clinic, Cochran is polite, distant and helpful, but what bad dreams does he have?
4. To make Cochran's extended stay look plausible, what does Amador suggest?
5. Cochran notices the pickup following, but stops worrying when?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)