|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tibey moves Miryea to an asylum and does what to keep her there?
(a) Threatens the nuns with their lives.
(b) Threatens her.
(c) Bribes the nuns with a huge donation.
(d) Convinces the nuns that she is very ill.
2. How might Laura and Nordstrom's relationship be described?
(a) Sexually satisfying.
(b) Intellectually satisfying.
3. What does Henry do after he and Nordstrom talk?
(a) He gives Nordstrom a ride back home.
(b) He gives Nordstrom a ride to the airport.
(c) He kicks Nordstrom out.
(d) He walks out the door.
4. The friend tells Cochran about his brother, who is what?
(a) High in the Mexican Mafia.
(b) High in the Phoenix government.
(c) High in the Mexico City government.
(d) High in the Tucson government.
5. On what does Amador brief Cochran?
(a) Where he will find Miryea.
(b) A house where he can stay out of sight of Tibey's men.
(c) How he should behave like a movie director.
(d) Where he will be living until issues are worked out between him and Tibey.
6. How long does Nordstrom walk into the woods?
(a) For several days.
(b) Until his feet get sore.
(c) For a few minutes.
(d) For one hour.
7. From what is Cochran dying?
(a) Heat and dehydration.
(b) Heart disease.
(d) A gunshot wound.
8. What happens when Nordstrom kisses his father?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He cries.
(d) He sneezes.
9. What does Sonia tell Nordstrom to get?
(a) A friend.
(b) A girlfriend.
(c) A wife.
(d) A hobby.
10. What does Nordstrom realize when he tries to connect with his daughter, Sonia?
(a) They have very little in common.
(b) He does not really know her.
(c) He cannot get a hold of her.
(d) She does not want to see him.
11. With what does Tibey dose Miryea?
(a) Sleeping pills.
12. Who is Diller?
(a) The mission doctor and priest.
(b) Mauro's politician brother.
(c) Miryea's husband.
(d) Cochran's brother.
13. In August, Nordstrom and Sonia move to the house he has rented where?
(a) Virginia Beach.
(b) In Marblehead.
14. How does Tibey keep Miryea submissive?
(a) With cocaine.
(b) With heroin.
(c) With sleeping pills.
(d) With marijuana.
15. Tibey gets Miryea presentable and takes her where?
(a) On a vacation.
(b) To a nunnery.
(c) To a hotel.
(d) To a whorehouse in Durango.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nordstrom warm to the sorority and fraternity crowd?
2. Cochran remembers getting ready for the trip with his lover. What does he ignore?
3. Why does Amador remind Cochran to be patient?
4. The mission has a feast in honor of Cochran's recovery and departure, where there is singing and joking. When does Cochran become upset?
5. In the locker room, what does Tibey's chauffeur give Cochran?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)