|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amador remind Cochran to be patient?
(a) So that he will be able to get revenge on Tibey.
(b) So that he will not blow his cover.
(c) So that he and Miryea can leave the country alive.
(d) So that he will not do anything illegal.
2. A year later, Nordstrom goes where to get out of the rain?
(a) Into a tavern.
(b) Into a store.
(c) Into a cabin.
(d) Into his home.
3. How might Nordstrom and Laura's divorce be described?
(a) Very messy.
(b) Somewhat messy.
(c) Mostly amicable.
(d) Very amicable.
4. How does Tibey keep Miryea submissive?
(a) With sleeping pills.
(b) With cocaine.
(c) With heroin.
(d) With marijuana.
5. What happens after one of Sonia's friends makes a move on Nordstrom?
(a) He laughs at her.
(b) They make love in the kitchen, swim naked, and make love again on the deck.
(c) He tells her he will give her a ride to the airport.
(d) He tells her to leave.
6. At the end of the semester, what does Nordstrom do blindfolded?
(a) He dances with Laura.
(b) He performs his final exam dance.
(c) He listens to music.
(d) He paints.
7. What does Nordstrom promise Sonia after college graduation?
(a) A Mercedes.
(b) A mustang.
(c) A Porsche.
(d) A BMW.
8. Who does Tibey threaten?
(a) The Texan.
(b) The Crazy One.
(c) The man Miryea stabbed.
9. Why does Nordstrom cry in the restroom?
(a) He loves Laura.
(b) About losing the things that have bound them together.
(c) He hates Laura.
(d) He does not know what he will do with his life.
10. The mission has a feast in honor of Cochran's recovery and departure, where there is singing and joking. When does Cochran become upset?
(a) When the others sing a song about Miryea.
(b) When he is leaving.
(c) While singing Miryea's Guadalajaran folk song.
(d) When the celebration is over.
11. Cochran and the Texan spend the night in the rancher's guest house, where what happens?
(a) The Texan dies in the night.
(b) Cochran becomes ill in the night.
(c) The Texan becomes ill in the night.
(d) Cochran dies in the night.
12. Of what does Amador warn Cochran?
(a) Tibey's threats.
(b) His own ill health.
(c) Miryea's ill health.
(d) His danger.
13. Why does Cochran decide not to mention what took place in the locker room to Miryea?
(a) He does not want her to change her mind.
(b) He does not want to scare her.
(c) He does not take it seriously.
(d) He does not want to ruin the weekend.
14. Cochran notices the pickup following, but stops worrying when?
(a) The truck turns off the road.
(b) The truck breaks down.
(c) The truck continues to follow him.
(d) The truck passes him.
15. Tibey sends for a society doctor and decides to give up what?
(a) Hope that Miryea will survive.
(b) His search for Cochran.
(c) His love for Miryea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How might Laura and Nordstrom's relationship be described?
2. Who overhears the conversation between the nun and The Crazy One?
3. What happens when Nordstrom kisses his father?
4. Nordstrom comes out of the woods and goes where?
5. With what does Cochran come down?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)