|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mission has a feast in honor of Cochran's recovery and departure, where there is singing and joking. When does Cochran become upset?
(a) When the others sing a song about Miryea.
(b) When he is leaving.
(c) When the celebration is over.
(d) While singing Miryea's Guadalajaran folk song.
2. What does Henry do after he and Nordstrom talk?
(a) He gives Nordstrom a ride back home.
(b) He kicks Nordstrom out.
(c) He walks out the door.
(d) He gives Nordstrom a ride to the airport.
3. As Cochran plans to leave, what does Mauro give Cochran?
(a) A pearl-handled gun.
(b) A pearl-handled knife.
(c) A pearl-handled sword.
(d) A pearl-handled club.
4. What does Nordstrom promise Sonia after college graduation?
(a) A mustang.
(b) A BMW.
(c) A Porsche.
(d) A Mercedes.
5. With what does Tibey dose Miryea?
(d) Sleeping pills.
6. To make Cochran's extended stay look plausible, what does Amador suggest?
(a) Going onto a movie set.
(b) Inviting the actress-model for dinner.
(c) Moving back to Mexico.
(d) Taking acting courses.
7. What happens in October?
(a) Nordstrom's father dies.
(b) Nordstrom's mother becomes ill.
(c) Nordstrom's father becomes ill.
(d) Nordstrom's mother dies.
8. Tibey tells The Crazy One to do what?
(a) Leave Cochran alone.
(b) Move to Tuscan.
(c) Just watch Cochran for now.
(d) Kill Cochran.
9. Nordstrom tells Sonia and her boyfriend, Phillip, to invite who?
(a) Some friends from Cambridge.
(b) The waittress from the restaurant.
(c) Family friends.
(d) The neighbors.
10. When Sonia's friends find out Nordstrom is not just the cook, what happens?
(a) The children want to learn about cooking.
(b) Phillip takes over all the cooking.
(c) The Sephard cooks the meals.
(d) Phillip's friend, the Sephard, helps with dinner.
11. Cochran confesses his affair to whom?
(b) His friend.
(c) His mother.
12. About what do Nordstrom and the Sephard talk?
(a) The sea.
(d) A waitress.
13. The wealthy rancher pays the Texan with what?
(a) A cigar box of money.
(b) A money order.
(c) A wad of cash.
(d) A check.
14. Nordstrom comes out of the woods and goes where?
(a) Into a tavern.
(b) Into a store.
(c) Into his home.
(d) Into a school.
15. What does Laura ask Nordstrom when she sees him?
(a) Why he likes her.
(b) Why he danced with her.
(c) Why he is talking to her.
(d) Why he never called.
Short Answer Questions
1. What starts to happen to Cochran's cover story?
2. With what does Cochran come down?
3. Cochran sees his friend the Aeromexico pilot who asks Cochran to do what?
4. In college, for what does Nordstrom sign up?
5. Amador and Cochran make plans to confront who?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)