|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Tibyea lock Miryea in a bare room?
2. What happens after one of Sonia's friends makes a move on Nordstrom?
(a) They make love in the kitchen, swim naked, and make love again on the deck.
(b) He laughs at her.
(c) He tells her to leave.
(d) He tells her he will give her a ride to the airport.
3. With what does Tibey dose Miryea?
(c) Sleeping pills.
4. When do Nordstrom and Laura marry?
(a) During graduate school.
(b) After graduation.
(c) A few years after graduation.
(d) Before graduation.
5. From what is Cochran dying?
(a) Heat and dehydration.
(b) A gunshot wound.
(d) Heart disease.
6. Cochran notices the pickup following, but stops worrying when?
(a) The truck breaks down.
(b) The truck continues to follow him.
(c) The truck passes him.
(d) The truck turns off the road.
7. What does Laura ask Nordstrom when she sees him?
(a) Why he is talking to her.
(b) Why he danced with her.
(c) Why he likes her.
(d) Why he never called.
8. To make Cochran's extended stay look plausible, what does Amador suggest?
(a) Taking acting courses.
(b) Going onto a movie set.
(c) Inviting the actress-model for dinner.
(d) Moving back to Mexico.
9. In the locker room, what does Tibey's chauffeur give Cochran?
(a) An empty threat.
(b) A note from Tibey.
(c) A one-way ticket and several thousand dollars with a note about the match.
(d) A set of keys to a car.
10. To what does Laura dance?
(a) The same song as her dance exam from college.
(b) A new song.
(c) Nordstrom's favorite song.
(d) Her favorite song.
11. One night Cochran offers to take Miryea away to Seville, where no one will find them. How does she respond?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She tells him it is a good idea.
(c) She rejects the idea.
(d) She laughs at him.
12. Cochran is warned about what, regarding Tibey?
(a) His reputation for vengence.
(b) His power.
(c) His money.
(d) His influence.
13. When the nun meets The Crazy One at a restaurant to ask for a doctor, what does he tell her?
(a) That he will notify Tibey.
(b) To wait.
(c) That he will find her a doctor.
(d) To find a doctor quickly.
14. Who does Tibey threaten?
(a) The Texan.
(b) The Crazy One.
(d) The man Miryea stabbed.
15. Where does Diller bring Cochran?
(a) To a hospital.
(b) Back to his mission clinic.
(c) To Mexico.
(d) To his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. The mission has a feast in honor of Cochran's recovery and departure, where there is singing and joking. When does Cochran become upset?
2. Why does Amador remind Cochran to be patient?
3. The wealthy rancher pays the Texan with what?
4. In college, for what does Nordstrom sign up?
5. How does Tibey keep Miryea submissive?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)