|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How might Nordstrom and Laura's divorce be described?
(a) Very messy.
(b) Very amicable.
(c) Somewhat messy.
(d) Mostly amicable.
2. How does Cochran play the tennis tournament before Miryea arrives?
(c) Very well.
(d) Not too badly.
3. At the end of the semester, what does Nordstrom do blindfolded?
(a) He listens to music.
(b) He paints.
(c) He dances with Laura.
(d) He performs his final exam dance.
4. What does Laura ask Nordstrom when she sees him?
(a) Why he never called.
(b) Why he likes her.
(c) Why he is talking to her.
(d) Why he danced with her.
5. What does Henry do after he and Nordstrom talk?
(a) He gives Nordstrom a ride back home.
(b) He gives Nordstrom a ride to the airport.
(c) He walks out the door.
(d) He kicks Nordstrom out.
6. To what does Laura dance?
(a) A new song.
(b) The same song as her dance exam from college.
(c) Nordstrom's favorite song.
(d) Her favorite song.
7. Who does Tibey threaten?
(a) The Texan.
(b) The man Miryea stabbed.
(c) The Crazy One.
8. One night Cochran offers to take Miryea away to Seville, where no one will find them. How does she respond?
(a) She tells him it is a good idea.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She rejects the idea.
9. What happens after one of Sonia's friends makes a move on Nordstrom?
(a) He tells her to leave.
(b) He laughs at her.
(c) They make love in the kitchen, swim naked, and make love again on the deck.
(d) He tells her he will give her a ride to the airport.
10. Why does Tibe worry about Miryea dying?
(a) If she dies, he will be upset.
(b) He loves her.
(c) If she dies, he will go to hell.
(d) Cochran will lose his one true love.
11. With what does Tibyea lock Miryea in a bare room?
12. Cochran sees his friend the Aeromexico pilot who asks Cochran to do what?
(a) Return to Tucson.
(b) Return to Phoenix.
(c) Stay in Mexico.
(d) Stay in Honduras.
13. To make Cochran's extended stay look plausible, what does Amador suggest?
(a) Inviting the actress-model for dinner.
(b) Taking acting courses.
(c) Going onto a movie set.
(d) Moving back to Mexico.
14. What happens in October?
(a) Nordstrom's father dies.
(b) Nordstrom's father becomes ill.
(c) Nordstrom's mother becomes ill.
(d) Nordstrom's mother dies.
15. Of what does Amador warn Cochran?
(a) His own ill health.
(b) Tibey's threats.
(c) His danger.
(d) Miryea's ill health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Cochran and Miryea sleep in front of the fire?
2. Just before his daughter leaves for college, what do Nordstrom and Laura finally realize?
3. What happens when Nordstrom kisses his father?
4. Miryea becomes so ill that what happens?
5. At the clinic, Cochran is polite, distant and helpful, but what bad dreams does he have?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)