|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nordstrom do in this class?
(a) He acts in a scene with Laura.
(b) He paints.
(c) He listens to Laura sing.
(d) He watches and lusts after Laura.
2. To what does Laura dance?
(a) Her favorite song.
(b) A new song.
(c) The same song as her dance exam from college.
(d) Nordstrom's favorite song.
3. How does Tibey keep Miryea submissive?
(a) With sleeping pills.
(b) With heroin.
(c) With cocaine.
(d) With marijuana.
4. How long does Nordstrom walk into the woods?
(a) For one hour.
(b) For a few minutes.
(c) For several days.
(d) Until his feet get sore.
5. While cooking, what happens to Nordstrom that precipitates a radical change?
(a) He sleeps with one of Sonia's friends.
(b) He falls down the stairs.
(c) He has a strange, intense feeling.
(d) He has a good conversation with his daughter.
6. Cochran notices the pickup following, but stops worrying when?
(a) The truck turns off the road.
(b) The truck breaks down.
(c) The truck continues to follow him.
(d) The truck passes him.
7. What does Nordstrom realize when he tries to connect with his daughter, Sonia?
(a) She does not want to see him.
(b) They have very little in common.
(c) He does not really know her.
(d) He cannot get a hold of her.
8. The friend tells Cochran about his brother, who is what?
(a) High in the Mexican Mafia.
(b) High in the Tucson government.
(c) High in the Phoenix government.
(d) High in the Mexico City government.
9. Why does Cochran decide not to mention what took place in the locker room to Miryea?
(a) He does not want to scare her.
(b) He does not want her to change her mind.
(c) He does not want to ruin the weekend.
(d) He does not take it seriously.
10. Why does Cochran decide to skip the hotel in Douglas?
(a) He wants to begin his weekend with Miryea.
(b) He finds a better hotel.
(c) To avoid any chance of being seen.
(d) He does not have the money to pay for the room.
11. In the locker room, what does Tibey's chauffeur give Cochran?
(a) A note from Tibey.
(b) A one-way ticket and several thousand dollars with a note about the match.
(c) An empty threat.
(d) A set of keys to a car.
12. To make Cochran's extended stay look plausible, what does Amador suggest?
(a) Inviting the actress-model for dinner.
(b) Moving back to Mexico.
(c) Taking acting courses.
(d) Going onto a movie set.
13. After giving warnings to Cochran and forgiving the first few meetings with Miryea, when does Tibey break down?
(a) When Miryea tells him about her great love.
(b) When he hears Miryea tell her sister about the great love of her life.
(c) When Miryea runs away.
(d) When Cochran and Miryea run away.
14. Who does Amador recognize and realize has been watching Cochran for some time?
(c) The Crazy One.
(d) The actress-model.
15. Why does Nordstrom cry in the restroom?
(a) He does not know what he will do with his life.
(b) He loves Laura.
(c) About losing the things that have bound them together.
(d) He hates Laura.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cochran think is still a secret?
2. About what do Nordstrom and the Sephard talk?
3. With what does Cochran come down?
4. Tibey tells The Crazy One to do what?
5. Miryea becomes so ill that what happens?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)