|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In college, for what does Nordstrom sign up?
(a) An art class.
(b) A theater class.
(c) A dance class.
(d) A music class.
2. When Mauro leaves, what does the Texan give Cochran?
(a) The pearl-handled knife.
(b) The coyote teeth necklace.
(c) A horse.
(d) A large amount of money.
3. When the nun meets The Crazy One at a restaurant to ask for a doctor, what does he tell her?
(a) That he will find her a doctor.
(b) To wait.
(c) That he will notify Tibey.
(d) To find a doctor quickly.
4. What does Nordstrom realize when he tries to connect with his daughter, Sonia?
(a) He does not really know her.
(b) She does not want to see him.
(c) He cannot get a hold of her.
(d) They have very little in common.
5. As Cochran plans to leave, what does Mauro give Cochran?
(a) A pearl-handled knife.
(b) A pearl-handled gun.
(c) A pearl-handled club.
(d) A pearl-handled sword.
6. Of what does Amador warn Cochran?
(a) His danger.
(b) Tibey's threats.
(c) His own ill health.
(d) Miryea's ill health.
7. Tibey sends for a society doctor and decides to give up what?
(a) Hope that Miryea will survive.
(b) His search for Cochran.
(c) His love for Miryea.
8. Nordstrom is much happier the summer he spends with his daughter, how many years after the divorce?
9. Why does the friend suggest that Cochran leave the mission soon?
(a) He needs to go to a better hospital.
(b) His health is improving.
(c) The mission cannot continue to support him.
(d) It is too easy for Tibey to find him.
10. The mission has a feast in honor of Cochran's recovery and departure, where there is singing and joking. When does Cochran become upset?
(a) When the celebration is over.
(b) While singing Miryea's Guadalajaran folk song.
(c) When he is leaving.
(d) When the others sing a song about Miryea.
11. Amador and Cochran make plans to confront who?
(b) The Elephant.
(c) The Crazy One.
12. Cochran remembers getting ready for the trip with his lover. What does he ignore?
(a) His family.
(b) The warnings.
(d) His friends.
13. When do Nordstrom and Laura marry?
(a) A few years after graduation.
(b) After graduation.
(c) Before graduation.
(d) During graduate school.
14. Who does Amador recognize and realize has been watching Cochran for some time?
(b) The actress-model.
(d) The Crazy One.
15. At the end of the semester, what does Nordstrom do blindfolded?
(a) He dances with Laura.
(b) He performs his final exam dance.
(c) He paints.
(d) He listens to music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry do after he and Nordstrom talk?
2. The wealthy rancher pays the Texan with what?
3. Who finds Cochran?
4. What happens when Miryea becomes coherent enough of her surroundings?
5. How does Henry respond when Nordstrom asks him to be a pallbearer?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)