|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nordstrom cooks for twenty before what?
(a) His daughter moves out.
(b) His daughter sends everyone home.
(c) Everyone tires of him.
(d) Everyone leaves to go back to school.
2. Nordstrom tries to talk to Laura about changing his life and gets what instead?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A hug.
(c) Unfinished oral sex.
(d) A slap in the face.
3. What happens after one of Sonia's friends makes a move on Nordstrom?
(a) They make love in the kitchen, swim naked, and make love again on the deck.
(b) He laughs at her.
(c) He tells her he will give her a ride to the airport.
(d) He tells her to leave.
4. Nordstrom tells Sonia and her boyfriend, Phillip, to invite who?
(a) The neighbors.
(b) Some friends from Cambridge.
(c) The waittress from the restaurant.
(d) Family friends.
5. When do Nordstrom and Laura marry?
(a) After graduation.
(b) A few years after graduation.
(c) During graduate school.
(d) Before graduation.
6. He likes to do what instead of keeping up with the world?
(a) Watch the sea.
7. When Mauro leaves, what does the Texan give Cochran?
(a) The pearl-handled knife.
(b) A large amount of money.
(c) A horse.
(d) The coyote teeth necklace.
8. When the nun meets The Crazy One at a restaurant to ask for a doctor, what does he tell her?
(a) To find a doctor quickly.
(b) To wait.
(c) That he will find her a doctor.
(d) That he will notify Tibey.
9. What does Sonia tell Nordstrom to get?
(a) A hobby.
(b) A friend.
(c) A girlfriend.
(d) A wife.
10. What does Nordstrom realize when he tries to connect with his daughter, Sonia?
(a) He does not really know her.
(b) They have very little in common.
(c) He cannot get a hold of her.
(d) She does not want to see him.
11. What starts to happen to Cochran's cover story?
(a) It is halted.
(b) It gains credibility.
(c) It changes.
(d) It starts to lose its credibility.
12. Who finds Cochran?
(c) A Texan.
(d) A nun.
13. Who does Tibey threaten?
(a) The Texan.
(c) The Crazy One.
(d) The man Miryea stabbed.
14. Where does Diller bring Cochran?
(a) Back to his mission clinic.
(b) To a hospital.
(c) To Mexico.
(d) To his home.
15. Miryea becomes so ill that what happens?
(a) She begins to hallucinate.
(b) She is put into the mission clinic.
(c) She loses consciousness.
(d) She is admitted into a hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Miryea becomes coherent enough of her surroundings?
2. How might Nordstrom and Laura's divorce be described?
3. Tibey moves Miryea to an asylum and does what to keep her there?
4. What happens when Nordstrom kisses his father?
5. Why does Tibey think about shooting The Crazy One?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)