|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nordstrom and Laura make love with the passion of their first date in the country. How does Nordstrom feel at this time?
(a) Laura still loves him.
(b) Their can be repaired.
(c) Sex cannot fill Nordstrom's emptiness.
(d) He does not want to lose Laura.
2. When do Nordstrom and Laura marry?
(a) After graduation.
(b) A few years after graduation.
(c) During graduate school.
(d) Before graduation.
3. Cochran sees his friend the Aeromexico pilot who asks Cochran to do what?
(a) Stay in Mexico.
(b) Stay in Honduras.
(c) Return to Tucson.
(d) Return to Phoenix.
4. Amador and Cochran make plans to confront who?
(a) The Crazy One.
(b) The Elephant.
5. How long does Nordstrom walk into the woods?
(a) Until his feet get sore.
(b) For a few minutes.
(c) For several days.
(d) For one hour.
6. Tibey moves Miryea to an asylum and does what to keep her there?
(a) Threatens the nuns with their lives.
(b) Bribes the nuns with a huge donation.
(c) Convinces the nuns that she is very ill.
(d) Threatens her.
7. Cochran and the Texan spend the night in the rancher's guest house, where what happens?
(a) The Texan dies in the night.
(b) Cochran becomes ill in the night.
(c) Cochran dies in the night.
(d) The Texan becomes ill in the night.
8. Nordstrom cooks for twenty before what?
(a) Everyone tires of him.
(b) His daughter sends everyone home.
(c) Everyone leaves to go back to school.
(d) His daughter moves out.
9. Cochran is warned about what, regarding Tibey?
(a) His money.
(b) His influence.
(c) His power.
(d) His reputation for vengence.
10. What happens when Nordstrom kisses his father?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He sneezes.
(d) He cries.
11. Who finds Cochran?
(a) A Texan.
(d) A nun.
12. Just before his daughter leaves for college, what do Nordstrom and Laura finally realize?
(a) They no longer find each other attractive.
(b) They want to fix their marriage.
(c) Their marriage is over.
(d) Their marriage needs help.
13. How might Nordstrom and Laura's divorce be described?
(a) Somewhat messy.
(b) Mostly amicable.
(c) Very messy.
(d) Very amicable.
14. Who is Diller?
(a) The mission doctor and priest.
(b) Mauro's politician brother.
(c) Cochran's brother.
(d) Miryea's husband.
15. On what does Nordstrom spend the next few years?
(a) A series of unsuccessful experiments to find whatever is missing in his life.
(b) Getting to know his daughter better.
(c) A new college degree.
(d) Building up a new business.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the airport, Cochran almost blows his cover how?
2. What happens after one of Sonia's friends makes a move on Nordstrom?
3. One night Cochran offers to take Miryea away to Seville, where no one will find them. How does she respond?
4. With what does Tibyea lock Miryea in a bare room?
5. The wealthy rancher pays the Texan with what?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)