|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nordstrom do in this class?
(a) He watches and lusts after Laura.
(b) He acts in a scene with Laura.
(c) He paints.
(d) He listens to Laura sing.
2. How does Henry respond when Nordstrom asks him to be a pallbearer?
(a) He says nothing.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He becomes angry.
(d) He agrees.
3. With what does Cochran come down?
(c) Heart disease.
4. One night Cochran offers to take Miryea away to Seville, where no one will find them. How does she respond?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She rejects the idea.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She tells him it is a good idea.
5. Cochran remembers getting ready for the trip with his lover. What does he ignore?
(a) The warnings.
(b) His family.
(d) His friends.
6. How long does Nordstrom walk into the woods?
(a) Until his feet get sore.
(b) For a few minutes.
(c) For one hour.
(d) For several days.
7. Why does Cochran decide not to mention what took place in the locker room to Miryea?
(a) He does not want her to change her mind.
(b) He does not want to scare her.
(c) He does not take it seriously.
(d) He does not want to ruin the weekend.
8. In college, for what does Nordstrom sign up?
(a) A theater class.
(b) A music class.
(c) A dance class.
(d) An art class.
9. He likes to do what instead of keeping up with the world?
(a) Watch the sea.
10. Nordstrom sits at the head of the table and converses with everyone while Sonia's friends do what?
(a) Drink alcohol.
(b) Smoke pot.
(c) Tell jokes.
(d) Snort cocaine.
11. How does Tibey keep Miryea submissive?
(a) With heroin.
(b) With cocaine.
(c) With marijuana.
(d) With sleeping pills.
12. The friend tells Cochran about his brother, who is what?
(a) High in the Mexican Mafia.
(b) High in the Mexico City government.
(c) High in the Tucson government.
(d) High in the Phoenix government.
13. While cooking, what happens to Nordstrom that precipitates a radical change?
(a) He has a good conversation with his daughter.
(b) He has a strange, intense feeling.
(c) He sleeps with one of Sonia's friends.
(d) He falls down the stairs.
14. Nordstrom comes out of the woods and goes where?
(a) Into his home.
(b) Into a tavern.
(c) Into a store.
(d) Into a school.
15. To make Cochran's extended stay look plausible, what does Amador suggest?
(a) Inviting the actress-model for dinner.
(b) Taking acting courses.
(c) Moving back to Mexico.
(d) Going onto a movie set.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tibey goes to great lengths to help who?
2. Why does Amador remind Cochran to be patient?
3. How might Laura and Nordstrom's relationship be described?
4. When the nun meets The Crazy One at a restaurant to ask for a doctor, what does he tell her?
5. What happens in October?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)