|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nordstrom realize when he tries to connect with his daughter, Sonia?
(a) They have very little in common.
(b) She does not want to see him.
(c) He cannot get a hold of her.
(d) He does not really know her.
2. The wealthy rancher pays the Texan with what?
(a) A check.
(b) A cigar box of money.
(c) A money order.
(d) A wad of cash.
3. How might Laura and Nordstrom's relationship be described?
(b) Intellectually satisfying.
(c) Sexually satisfying.
4. What happens after one of Sonia's friends makes a move on Nordstrom?
(a) He tells her to leave.
(b) He tells her he will give her a ride to the airport.
(c) They make love in the kitchen, swim naked, and make love again on the deck.
(d) He laughs at her.
5. Nordstrom cooks for twenty before what?
(a) His daughter moves out.
(b) His daughter sends everyone home.
(c) Everyone leaves to go back to school.
(d) Everyone tires of him.
6. How does Henry respond when Nordstrom asks him to be a pallbearer?
(a) He agrees.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He becomes angry.
(d) He says nothing.
7. What happens when Miryea becomes coherent enough of her surroundings?
(a) She stabs a man with his own knife.
(b) She shoots a man with his own gun.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She hides.
8. In August, Nordstrom and Sonia move to the house he has rented where?
(a) In Marblehead.
(d) Virginia Beach.
9. Tibey moves Miryea to an asylum and does what to keep her there?
(a) Threatens the nuns with their lives.
(b) Bribes the nuns with a huge donation.
(c) Convinces the nuns that she is very ill.
(d) Threatens her.
10. While cooking, what happens to Nordstrom that precipitates a radical change?
(a) He has a strange, intense feeling.
(b) He has a good conversation with his daughter.
(c) He sleeps with one of Sonia's friends.
(d) He falls down the stairs.
11. Nordstrom tells Sonia and her boyfriend, Phillip, to invite who?
(a) The waittress from the restaurant.
(b) Family friends.
(c) The neighbors.
(d) Some friends from Cambridge.
12. Nordstrom sits at the head of the table and converses with everyone while Sonia's friends do what?
(a) Drink alcohol.
(b) Smoke pot.
(c) Snort cocaine.
(d) Tell jokes.
13. In college, for what does Nordstrom sign up?
(a) A theater class.
(b) A music class.
(c) A dance class.
(d) An art class.
14. What does Cochran think is still a secret?
(a) His career.
(b) His marriage.
(c) His affair with Tibey's wife.
(d) His interest in Miryea.
15. What happens as Cochran and Miryea sleep in front of the fire?
(a) Tibey enters the cabin.
(b) Three men watch them through the window.
(c) Three men come into the cabin.
(d) The fire dies down.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mauro leaves, what does the Texan give Cochran?
2. From what is Cochran dying?
3. Tibey tells The Crazy One to do what?
4. How does Nordstrom warm to the sorority and fraternity crowd?
5. How does Tibey keep Miryea submissive?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)