|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cochran and the Texan spend the night in the rancher's guest house, where what happens?
(a) Cochran dies in the night.
(b) Cochran becomes ill in the night.
(c) The Texan becomes ill in the night.
(d) The Texan dies in the night.
2. Why does Nordstrom cry in the restroom?
(a) He does not know what he will do with his life.
(b) About losing the things that have bound them together.
(c) He hates Laura.
(d) He loves Laura.
3. Nordstrom and Laura make love with the passion of their first date in the country. How does Nordstrom feel at this time?
(a) Laura still loves him.
(b) He does not want to lose Laura.
(c) Sex cannot fill Nordstrom's emptiness.
(d) Their can be repaired.
4. About what do Nordstrom and the Sephard talk?
(b) A waitress.
(c) The sea.
5. Cochran notices the pickup following, but stops worrying when?
(a) The truck passes him.
(b) The truck continues to follow him.
(c) The truck breaks down.
(d) The truck turns off the road.
6. When does Cochran want Mauro to leave a phone message with the Mexico City politician?
(a) When he contacts him again.
(b) Right away.
(c) If anyone comes looking for him.
(d) If no one comes looking for him.
7. Who does Amador recognize and realize has been watching Cochran for some time?
(c) The actress-model.
(d) The Crazy One.
8. The wealthy rancher pays the Texan with what?
(a) A cigar box of money.
(b) A check.
(c) A money order.
(d) A wad of cash.
9. Nordstrom charters a Lear jet to where?
(c) Ann Arbor.
10. Tibey goes to great lengths to help who?
(b) A young peone bitten by his dog.
(c) The Crazy One.
(d) His wife.
11. Why does Amador remind Cochran to be patient?
(a) So that he will be able to get revenge on Tibey.
(b) So that he will not do anything illegal.
(c) So that he and Miryea can leave the country alive.
(d) So that he will not blow his cover.
12. Who does Tibey threaten?
(a) The man Miryea stabbed.
(c) The Crazy One.
(d) The Texan.
13. What starts to happen to Cochran's cover story?
(a) It is halted.
(b) It changes.
(c) It starts to lose its credibility.
(d) It gains credibility.
14. Nordstrom tells Sonia and her boyfriend, Phillip, to invite who?
(a) The waittress from the restaurant.
(b) Some friends from Cambridge.
(c) Family friends.
(d) The neighbors.
15. How does Nordstrom warm to the sorority and fraternity crowd?
(a) When he beats the athletes at arm wrestling.
(b) When he beats them at sports.
(c) When he beats them at pool.
(d) When he beats them in a drinking competition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miryea becomes so ill that what happens?
2. To make Cochran's extended stay look plausible, what does Amador suggest?
3. At the end of the semester, what does Nordstrom do blindfolded?
4. How does Henry respond when Nordstrom asks him to be a pallbearer?
5. While cooking, what happens to Nordstrom that precipitates a radical change?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)