|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sonia tell Nordstrom to get?
(a) A hobby.
(b) A friend.
(c) A girlfriend.
(d) A wife.
2. When do Nordstrom and Laura marry?
(a) A few years after graduation.
(b) During graduate school.
(c) After graduation.
(d) Before graduation.
3. Who finds Cochran?
(a) A Texan.
(c) A nun.
4. Of what does Amador warn Cochran?
(a) His own ill health.
(b) Tibey's threats.
(c) Miryea's ill health.
(d) His danger.
5. Cochran is warned about what, regarding Tibey?
(a) His influence.
(b) His money.
(c) His reputation for vengence.
(d) His power.
6. What do Cochran's injuries draw?
(d) The police.
7. Tibey sends for a society doctor and decides to give up what?
(a) His love for Miryea.
(c) Hope that Miryea will survive.
(d) His search for Cochran.
8. Who is Diller?
(a) Mauro's politician brother.
(b) Miryea's husband.
(c) Cochran's brother.
(d) The mission doctor and priest.
9. What starts to happen to Cochran's cover story?
(a) It is halted.
(b) It changes.
(c) It gains credibility.
(d) It starts to lose its credibility.
10. Why does the friend suggest that Cochran leave the mission soon?
(a) He needs to go to a better hospital.
(b) His health is improving.
(c) The mission cannot continue to support him.
(d) It is too easy for Tibey to find him.
11. In August, Nordstrom and Sonia move to the house he has rented where?
(a) Virginia Beach.
(b) In Marblehead.
12. Tibey goes to great lengths to help who?
(b) The Crazy One.
(c) His wife.
(d) A young peone bitten by his dog.
13. When Sonia's friends find out Nordstrom is not just the cook, what happens?
(a) The Sephard cooks the meals.
(b) Phillip's friend, the Sephard, helps with dinner.
(c) Phillip takes over all the cooking.
(d) The children want to learn about cooking.
14. What happens as Cochran and Miryea sleep in front of the fire?
(a) Three men come into the cabin.
(b) Tibey enters the cabin.
(c) The fire dies down.
(d) Three men watch them through the window.
15. With what does Cochran come down?
(a) Heart disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Diller makes a report to the Federales. What does he want to help the patient do?
2. To make Cochran's extended stay look plausible, what does Amador suggest?
3. Cochran remembers getting ready for the trip with his lover. What does he ignore?
4. Who overhears the conversation between the nun and The Crazy One?
5. How does Cochran play the tennis tournament before Miryea arrives?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)