|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Cochran plans to leave, what does Mauro give Cochran?
(a) A pearl-handled knife.
(b) A pearl-handled gun.
(c) A pearl-handled club.
(d) A pearl-handled sword.
2. How does Nordstrom warm to the sorority and fraternity crowd?
(a) When he beats them at pool.
(b) When he beats them in a drinking competition.
(c) When he beats the athletes at arm wrestling.
(d) When he beats them at sports.
3. To what does Laura dance?
(a) Nordstrom's favorite song.
(b) Her favorite song.
(c) A new song.
(d) The same song as her dance exam from college.
4. Cochran is warned about what, regarding Tibey?
(a) His influence.
(b) His reputation for vengence.
(c) His power.
(d) His money.
5. At the clinic, Cochran is polite, distant and helpful, but what bad dreams does he have?
(a) Dreams about Miryea.
(b) Dreams about his child.
(c) Dreams about Tibey.
(d) Dreams about his family.
6. For whom does Nordstrom work?
(b) General Electric.
(d) Standard Oil.
7. What starts to happen to Cochran's cover story?
(a) It changes.
(b) It is halted.
(c) It starts to lose its credibility.
(d) It gains credibility.
8. Where does Diller bring Cochran?
(a) To a hospital.
(b) Back to his mission clinic.
(c) To Mexico.
(d) To his home.
9. After giving warnings to Cochran and forgiving the first few meetings with Miryea, when does Tibey break down?
(a) When Cochran and Miryea run away.
(b) When Miryea tells him about her great love.
(c) When he hears Miryea tell her sister about the great love of her life.
(d) When Miryea runs away.
10. Why does Nordstrom cry in the restroom?
(a) About losing the things that have bound them together.
(b) He loves Laura.
(c) He hates Laura.
(d) He does not know what he will do with his life.
11. Nordstrom sits at the head of the table and converses with everyone while Sonia's friends do what?
(a) Smoke pot.
(b) Snort cocaine.
(c) Drink alcohol.
(d) Tell jokes.
12. He likes to do what instead of keeping up with the world?
(a) Watch the sea.
13. With what does Tibyea lock Miryea in a bare room?
14. On what does Nordstrom spend the next few years?
(a) Building up a new business.
(b) A series of unsuccessful experiments to find whatever is missing in his life.
(c) A new college degree.
(d) Getting to know his daughter better.
15. Who does Tibey threaten?
(a) The Texan.
(c) The man Miryea stabbed.
(d) The Crazy One.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cochran decide not to mention what took place in the locker room to Miryea?
2. What happens in October?
3. On what does Amador brief Cochran?
4. What happens as Cochran and Miryea sleep in front of the fire?
5. Who overhears the conversation between the nun and The Crazy One?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)