|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Diller bring Cochran?
(a) To his home.
(b) To a hospital.
(c) Back to his mission clinic.
(d) To Mexico.
2. What does Nordstrom realize when he tries to connect with his daughter, Sonia?
(a) She does not want to see him.
(b) He does not really know her.
(c) They have very little in common.
(d) He cannot get a hold of her.
3. Of what does Amador warn Cochran?
(a) Miryea's ill health.
(b) Tibey's threats.
(c) His danger.
(d) His own ill health.
4. Nordstrom is much happier the summer he spends with his daughter, how many years after the divorce?
5. Amador and Cochran make plans to confront who?
(b) The Crazy One.
(c) The Elephant.
6. As Cochran plans to leave, what does Mauro give Cochran?
(a) A pearl-handled knife.
(b) A pearl-handled gun.
(c) A pearl-handled sword.
(d) A pearl-handled club.
7. What does Nordstrom do in this class?
(a) He listens to Laura sing.
(b) He paints.
(c) He watches and lusts after Laura.
(d) He acts in a scene with Laura.
8. When the nun meets The Crazy One at a restaurant to ask for a doctor, what does he tell her?
(a) To find a doctor quickly.
(b) That he will find her a doctor.
(c) That he will notify Tibey.
(d) To wait.
9. What do Cochran's injuries draw?
(c) The police.
10. At the airport, Cochran almost blows his cover how?
(a) By admitting his real name.
(b) By saying he knows nothing about making movies.
(c) By arguing with security officers.
(d) By helping an upset American actress-model.
11. Who does Amador recognize and realize has been watching Cochran for some time?
(a) The Crazy One.
(d) The actress-model.
12. The mission has a feast in honor of Cochran's recovery and departure, where there is singing and joking. When does Cochran become upset?
(a) When he is leaving.
(b) While singing Miryea's Guadalajaran folk song.
(c) When the others sing a song about Miryea.
(d) When the celebration is over.
13. The friend tells Cochran about his brother, who is what?
(a) High in the Tucson government.
(b) High in the Mexico City government.
(c) High in the Phoenix government.
(d) High in the Mexican Mafia.
14. Why does Amador remind Cochran to be patient?
(a) So that he will not do anything illegal.
(b) So that he and Miryea can leave the country alive.
(c) So that he will not blow his cover.
(d) So that he will be able to get revenge on Tibey.
15. With what does Tibey dose Miryea?
(c) Sleeping pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the clinic, Cochran is polite, distant and helpful, but what bad dreams does he have?
2. How does Nordstrom warm to the sorority and fraternity crowd?
3. How long does Nordstrom walk into the woods?
4. To make Cochran's extended stay look plausible, what does Amador suggest?
5. Tibey goes to great lengths to help who?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)