* While Cochran lies dying from heat and dehydration, a worker at a nearby mission, Mauro, finds Cochran.
* Cochran is brought back to the mission clinic for treatment.
* Diller makes a report to the Federales, but he wants to help the patient avoid any legal red tape.
* When Cochran comes down with pneumonia, Diller wants to avoid sending his patient to a better facility.
* Cochran plays dead to find out if he is still in any danger.
* Cochran remembers getting ready for the trip with his lover; he ignores the warnings, thinking his affair with Tibey's wife is still secret.
* While Cochran recuperates from his injuries, he seeks clues from his three-week affair that might have given them away to Tibey or the servants; he remembers the small warning signs.
* After Cochran plays tennis, Tibey makes attempts to get rid of Cochran through bribes.
* Not wanting to...
This section contains 2,817 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)