|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jack and Alicia find the blueprints?
2. Who shoots Sam Baker and saves Alicia?
3. What type of shoes does Yoshio wear when he follows Alicia and Jack after they burn items with Thomas?
4. Who does Jack beat up on the Thursday that Alicia is abducted in the van?
5. What does Alicia do with the items that Jack finds in the safe deposit box?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jack's country house.
2. Why does Alicia destroy her father's discovery?
3. Why does Jack maintain the country house?
4. Describe Ronald Clayton's will.
5. Describe events that take place at the cabin in the mountains, after Yoshio arrives.
6. Describe Jack's house hunt.
7. Why does Jack regret pulling Alicia from the van that abducts her?
8. How does Jack retrieve Alicia after her abduction?
9. Explain if Alicia appears ready to move on with her life by the end of the novel.
10. How does Jack help Alicia cope with her past abuse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Characters in Legacies face issues of both risk and courage.
1) Which characters take the biggest risks in the novel, and why?
2) Explain how risk and courage are related using specific characters as your examples.
3) Analyze the causal effect, if there is one, between risk and courage in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Sam Baker says that he cut his nephew Kenny in on a deal because he is family. Compare and contrast Sam Baker's efforts to take care of the people he loves to those of any two other characters in Legacies.
Essay Topic 3
Cultural, religious, and legal dictates alter society's perception of what is right, wrong and morally acceptable. Select two characters from the novel whose actions are affected by these outside beliefs (as opposed to an inner sense of morality), and explain how this effects character development and the plot of the story.
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)