|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack do with the dead bodies at the cabin in the woods?
2. What does Jack make Alicia promise when she wants to return to the Center to check on Hector the day after the country house incident?
3. Who is fascinated by Jack and his activities on the Thursday of Alicia's abduction?
4. What is Alicia's reaction to the news of the arsonist's death?
5. Where does Jack take Alicia when Sam Baker's men arrive at his country house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jack maintain the country house?
2. How does Jack retrieve Alicia after her abduction?
3. Describe Jack's country house.
4. How does Jack help Alicia cope with her past abuse?
5. Describe Jack's house hunt.
6. Why does Kemel just want the Clayton House situation to be resolved?
7. How does Jack react to learning that Alicia hired an arsonist?
8. How do Jack and Yoshio feel about each other?
9. Why does Jack regret pulling Alicia from the van that abducts her?
10. How do Jack and Alicia get past Sam Baker's men to get into the Clayton House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cultural, religious, and legal dictates alter society's perception of what is right, wrong and morally acceptable. Select two characters from the novel whose actions are affected by these outside beliefs (as opposed to an inner sense of morality), and explain how this effects character development and the plot of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Legacies occurs over a two-week span that ends on Christmas Eve in an AIDS center.
1) How do the day of the week chapter headings impact the reader's experience and expectations?
2) How are the variety of houses and settings used to create different feelings at different points in the book?
3) How does the holiday time frame of the novel affect the story line?
Essay Topic 3
Who are the most and least trustworthy characters in the novel? Support and explain your answer.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)