|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of shoes does Yoshio wear when he follows Alicia and Jack after they burn items with Thomas?
2. Where, in the Clayton House, does Jack find a hidden key?
3. Why does Jack yell at Alicia on the day after the arsonist is killed?
4. What does Alicia do with the items that Jack finds in the safe deposit box?
5. Who helps Jack figure out the secret of the toy car?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Jack and Yoshio feel about each other?
2. How does Jack react to learning that Alicia hired an arsonist?
3. Why does Jack regret pulling Alicia from the van that abducts her?
4. How do Jack and Alicia get past Sam Baker's men to get into the Clayton House?
5. How does Jack help Alicia cope with her past abuse?
6. Describe Yoshio's strengths.
7. Describe Ronald Clayton's will.
8. Is Kemel an honorable man?
9. Explain if Alicia appears ready to move on with her life by the end of the novel.
10. Why does Alicia destroy her father's discovery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alicia's desire to destroy her father's house and Ronald Clayton's will are critical elements in Legacies which are connected. Analyze how the physical manifestation of Ronald Clayton's will effects Alicia's behavior throughout the course of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Sam Baker says that he cut his nephew Kenny in on a deal because he is family. Compare and contrast Sam Baker's efforts to take care of the people he loves to those of any two other characters in Legacies.
Essay Topic 3
What is the best use of symbolism in the novel? Explain why you decided what you did, and compare/contrast it against other examples of symbolism in the novel.
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)