|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Alicia after her lunch meeting?
2. Who does Alicia introduce Jack to on his tour of the Center for Children with AIDS?
3. How does Jack scare away the three boys outside the bar after he and Alicia meet on Monday?
4. Who is Milkdud?
5. How many floors are there in the Hand Building?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Alicia wants to hire Jack.
2. How does an unexpected visitor impact Jack's Victorian house scam?
3. Why does Detective Matthews visit Alicia at her apartment?
4. Is Jack an intelligent person?
5. Describe Hector's condition on the day that Jack returns the toys to the Center.
6. Is Will Matthews a good guy?
7. Why does Jack rent the Victorian house under a false name?
8. Describe the Nail.
9. What does Milkdud want from Jack for helping him hack into the Hand Building?
10. What unexpected problem arises when Jack attempts to eavesdrop on Alicia's meeting with Thomas' lawyer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Milkdud and Gia represent two very different aspects of Jack's life. Compare and contrast the Jack that these two people know. Which is the more genuine version of Jack? Explain and support your answer with examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Who does more good for the world, Jack or Alicia?
Essay Topic 3
Responsibility and integrity are two themes touched on in Legacies.
1) Select one character that best represents each quality and describe why that is the case.
2) Select a character who epitomizes one quality, but not the other, and analyze that character based on this criteria.
3) Use specific characters and events to explain how the author uses these two qualities to develop character growth in the novel.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)