|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gia tell Jack that she wants him to do on the day the toys are returned?
2. What does Milkdud tell Jack he can help him access?
3. What does Alicia order for Hector when she visits him, the day after her first visit from the detective?
4. Who attacks the Nail?
5. Where does Milkdud work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sam Baker?
2. Describe Milkdud.
3. How is Jack continuing to help Jorge?
4. Why does Jack rent the Victorian house under a false name?
5. Describe Jack's first hacking experience.
6. Why is Yoshio Takita following Sam Baker?
7. Describe the Nail.
8. How does Detective Matthews get Alicia to agree to meet him for lunch?
9. How does Jack feel about quitting his mercenary pursuits of justice in order to marry Gia?
10. Is Will Matthews a good guy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many symbolic items are used in the telling of Legacies, such as the lamp, the Center, and Ronald Clayton's safety deposit box. Select any three examples of symbolism in the novel and explain:
1) What it contributes to the story.
2) How it is related to other characters, events or objects in the story.
3) Why the author chose that particular item to symbolize what it represents.
Essay Topic 2
Characters in Legacies face issues of both risk and courage.
1) Which characters take the biggest risks in the novel, and why?
2) Explain how risk and courage are related using specific characters as your examples.
3) Analyze the causal effect, if there is one, between risk and courage in the story.
Essay Topic 3
What is the best use of symbolism in the novel? Explain why you decided what you did, and compare/contrast it against other examples of symbolism in the novel.
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)