|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Alicia home, rather than at work, on a Tuesday?
2. How does Alicia respond to the information that Will Matthews gives her at their Friday meeting?
3. What object does Jack place in the Victorian House?
4. Who works at the Center for Children with AIDS in NYC?
5. Who calls Alicia after her lunch meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jack's relationship with his father.
2. Is Jack's eavesdropping on Alicia's meeting worth it?
3. Why does Alicia attack a man with a fire extinguisher?
4. How does Alicia feel about Jack when she decides to hire him?
5. What does Khalid Nazer want from Kemel?
6. What information does Detective Will Matthews share with Alicia at their lunch meeting?
7. What happens to the arsonist that Alicia hires?
8. Why does Jorge want to hire Jack?
9. What does Milkdud want from Jack for helping him hack into the Hand Building?
10. Describe Kemel's feelings about being in America.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What determines whether or not the characters in legacy are vulnerable? Select three characters from the story and explain what their vulnerabilities are, how they are exposed in the story, and if or how that character deals with their vulnerability.
Essay Topic 2
Violence, humor and reality starkly co-exist in Jack's world. Give an example of this from the novel, and explain how the author uses these contrary elements to effectively create characters and settings that appeal to readers.
Essay Topic 3
Who does more good for the world, Jack or Alicia?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)