|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alicia tell Jack about Ronald Clayton's will the day after the arsonist dies?
(a) That she has never looked at it before.
(b) That it is in a safe in her office at the Center.
(c) That she has studied it carefully.
(d) That she wants nothing more to do with it.
2. What does the explosion in the back yard of Jack's country house do to Kemel?
(a) He is unharmed.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He loses one hand.
(d) He loses his hearing.
3. What is Alicia's reaction to the news of the arsonist's death?
(a) Stoic acceptance.
(b) Guilt and devastation.
(c) She shows no noticable response.
(d) Shocked silence.
4. What does Jack learn about the Land Rover on the night he and Alicia visit the Clayton House?
(a) It now heads in a different direction than before.
(b) It is voice controlled.
(c) It plays only one song on the radio.
(d) It has hand controls for the gas and brake pedals.
5. Who shoots Kemel?
(b) Khalid Nazer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is fascinated by Jack and his activities on the Thursday of Alicia's abduction?
2. Why is Jack sorry that he got Alicia out of the van on the Thursday of her abduction?
3. Who shoots Sam Baker and saves Alicia?
4. Who does Jack beat up on the Thursday that Alicia is abducted in the van?
5. Who learns that his eldest son has been arrested for theft, on the Thursday that Alicia is abducted?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack react to learning that Alicia hired an arsonist?
2. Why does Kemel just want the Clayton House situation to be resolved?
3. Why does Alicia destroy her father's discovery?
4. How does Jack help Alicia cope with her past abuse?
5. How does Jack retrieve Alicia after her abduction?
6. How do Jack and Alicia get past Sam Baker's men to get into the Clayton House?
7. Why does Jack regret pulling Alicia from the van that abducts her?
8. How do Jack and Yoshio feel about each other?
9. How does Alicia react upon revisiting the Clayton House for the first time in years?
10. Describe Jack's house hunt.
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)