|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack wear when he approaches Sam Baker's surveillance team at the Clayton House?
(a) A bullet proof vest.
(b) A wind breaker and slacks.
(c) Stadium coat, ratty gloves and a knitted cap.
(d) Sunglasses, a baseball cap and a long trench coat.
2. Who learns that his eldest son has been arrested for theft, on the Thursday that Alicia is abducted?
(b) Sam Baker.
3. Where do Jack and Alicia find the blueprints?
(a) Inside of a book.
(b) In a file cabinet.
(c) In a safe.
(d) Inside of a wall.
4. What does Alicia discover in her childhood bedroom?
(a) A diary.
(b) A message.
(c) A toy car.
(d) A book.
5. What do Baker's men find in the attic of Jack's country house?
(a) An expensive stamp collection.
(b) Toy cannons.
(c) Jack and Alicia.
(d) Moldy books and posters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack cause a car accident shortly after writing a fake check on Thursday?
2. How does Yoshio refer to Jack, before learning his name?
3. What does Jack do while Thomas and Sam Baker shoot at each other?
4. What does the person whose eldest son is arrested, on the Thursday of Alicia's abduction, expect the consequence of this action to be?
5. To whom does Jack give a fake check on the Thursday that he and Alicia review Ronald Clayton's will?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Jack and Yoshio feel about each other?
2. Why does Jack regret pulling Alicia from the van that abducts her?
3. Describe Jack's house hunt.
4. Is Kemel an honorable man?
5. Describe events that take place at the cabin in the mountains, after Yoshio arrives.
6. Describe Jack's country house.
7. Why does Alicia destroy her father's discovery?
8. Why does Thomas want the Clayton House?
9. Explain if Alicia appears ready to move on with her life by the end of the novel.
10. Why does Jack maintain the country house?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)