|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is strange about Ronald Clayton's will?
(a) It is handwritten in red ink.
(b) It contains poetry passages.
(c) It is a video will.
(d) It is written in German.
2. What is Alicia's reaction to the news of the arsonist's death?
(a) Shocked silence.
(b) Guilt and devastation.
(c) She shows no noticable response.
(d) Stoic acceptance.
3. What does Jack find in the safe box?
(c) Another key.
(d) A letter with instructions.
4. How does Yoshio refer to Jack, before learning his name?
5. Where do Jack and Alicia find the blueprints?
(a) Inside of a wall.
(b) In a file cabinet.
(c) In a safe.
(d) Inside of a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the explosion in the back yard of Jack's country house do to Kemel?
2. Who witnesses the van abduction of Alicia outside the Center on Thursday?
3. What does Alicia tell Jack about Ronald Clayton's will the day after the arsonist dies?
4. What does Alicia tell Jack about the basement of the Clayton House?
5. Who is fascinated by Jack and his activities on the Thursday of Alicia's abduction?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kemel just want the Clayton House situation to be resolved?
2. Why does Jack regret pulling Alicia from the van that abducts her?
3. Describe events that take place at the cabin in the mountains, after Yoshio arrives.
4. Explain if Alicia appears ready to move on with her life by the end of the novel.
5. How does Alicia react upon revisiting the Clayton House for the first time in years?
6. How does Jack react to learning that Alicia hired an arsonist?
7. Why does Thomas want the Clayton House?
8. How do Jack and Yoshio feel about each other?
9. Describe Jack's house hunt.
10. Is Kemel an honorable man?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)