|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Alicia home, rather than at work, on a Tuesday?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She has taken the day off.
(c) She is always off on Tuesdays.
(d) She works a rotating schedule.
2. What does Yoshio Takita daydream about doing on the day he follows Thomas Clayton?
(a) Writing a best seller.
(b) Retiring in the tropics.
(c) Owning a dojo.
(d) Owning a sushi bar.
3. Where does Jack want Alicia to go with him the day after she invites Will up to her apartment?
(a) To Thomas' house.
(b) To Gordon Haffner's office.
(c) To the Clayton House.
(d) To dinner at Gia's.
4. Why does Milkdud tell Jack he got rid of his dreadlocks?
(a) For a new job.
(b) For his girlfriend.
(c) They get in the way of a quick escape.
(d) He needed a new disguise.
5. Why does Will Matthews call Alicia on the Friday that Jack meets with Milkdud and Jorge?
(a) He asks her for someone's phone number.
(b) He asks her to go to a movie.
(c) He has questions regarding the molester.
(d) He has new information on the molester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alicia have too much to drink on the Friday she meets with Will Matthews?
2. What is true of Sam Baker's mother?
3. How do Alicia and the detective feel about each other on his first visit to her apartment?
4. To whom does Jack send a note and $500 in cash?
5. Who is Yoshio Takita?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Detective Will Matthews share with Alicia at their lunch meeting?
2. Is Will Matthews a good guy?
3. Describe Jack's relationship with his father.
4. Explain what happens when a carpenter sees Jack step out of an empty elevator shaft.
5. Why does Alicia attack a man with a fire extinguisher?
6. How does an unexpected visitor impact Jack's Victorian house scam?
7. Describe Milkdud.
8. Who is Sam Baker?
9. What is Jack's reaction to taking on Alicia's case?
10. How does Alicia feel about Jack when she decides to hire him?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)