|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jack sorry that he got Alicia out of the van on the Thursday of her abduction?
(a) She is getting on his nerves.
(b) He can't file a report against her abductor.
(c) He thinks she could have learned something given more time.
(d) He thinks the key might belong to something in the van.
2. What does Alicia tell Jack about the basement of the Clayton House?
(a) Her brother spent all his time there.
(b) It was her refuge.
(c) She was not allowed in the basement.
(d) She won't go down there.
3. What does Jack learn about the Land Rover on the night he and Alicia visit the Clayton House?
(a) It has hand controls for the gas and brake pedals.
(b) It now heads in a different direction than before.
(c) It is voice controlled.
(d) It plays only one song on the radio.
4. Who does Alicia call after she leaves the cabin in the woods?
(a) Will Matthews.
(c) A well-known journalist.
5. Who does Jack beat up on the Thursday that Alicia is abducted in the van?
(b) Yoshio Takita.
(d) Sam Baker.
6. What does Jack make Alicia promise when she wants to return to the Center to check on Hector the day after the country house incident?
(a) That she will take care of Hector.
(b) That she will eat lunch.
(c) That she will wear a gun.
(d) That she won't leave alone.
7. Who is Alicia sitting with in the van, after her abduction on Thursday?
(a) Sam Baker.
(d) Yoshio Takita.
8. Who shoots the two security men who come after Jack and Alicia in the Clayton House?
9. What does Jack wear when he approaches Sam Baker's surveillance team at the Clayton House?
(a) Stadium coat, ratty gloves and a knitted cap.
(b) A wind breaker and slacks.
(c) Sunglasses, a baseball cap and a long trench coat.
(d) A bullet proof vest.
10. Where does Jack tell Alicia he will take her after she works at the Center, on the day after the country house incident?
(a) Back to the Clayton House.
(b) To a safe house.
(c) To Gia's for dinner.
(d) To her place.
11. To whom does Jack give a fake check on the Thursday that he and Alicia review Ronald Clayton's will?
(a) A realtor.
(d) A receptionist.
12. What do Baker's men find in the attic of Jack's country house?
(a) Moldy books and posters.
(b) An expensive stamp collection.
(c) Toy cannons.
(d) Jack and Alicia.
13. What does the person whose eldest son is arrested, on the Thursday of Alicia's abduction, expect the consequence of this action to be?
(a) Being kicked out of school.
(b) Jail time.
(c) He will bribe the officer and get out of the charges.
(d) Loss of a hand.
14. According to Ronald Clayton's will, who inherits the house if anything happens to Alicia?
(c) Lucy Arsenault.
(d) The state.
15. What is JAL 27?
(a) An airliner.
(b) A key to decoding a message.
(c) An alarm code.
(d) A sports figure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alicia do with the items that Jack finds in the safe deposit box?
2. What does the explosion in the back yard of Jack's country house do to Kemel?
3. What does Jack do at the end of the day, once he drops Alicia off at the Victorian House to spend the night?
4. Who is fascinated by Jack and his activities on the Thursday of Alicia's abduction?
5. Why does Jack yell at Alicia on the day after the arsonist is killed?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)