|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gia tell Jack that she wants him to do on the day the toys are returned?
(a) Help Alicia.
(b) Take credit for his good deed.
(c) Order pizza.
(d) Go into a legitimate line of work.
2. How is Sam Baker connected to Janey?
(a) Janey is the girl he likes who works at a grocery store.
(b) Janey is his mother's imaginary friend.
(c) Janey is his mother's primary caregiver.
(d) Janey is the person who gives him work.
3. What does the man who molested the girl at the Center say he is going to do?
(a) Kill Alicia.
(b) Sue the Center.
(c) Nothing. He refuses to speak.
(d) Kill himself.
4. How does Alicia react when Will kisses her at her apartment?
(a) She melts in his arms.
(b) She faints.
(c) She calmly asks him to stop.
(d) She panics.
5. How does Alicia feel about Jack after the toys are returned to the Center for Children with AIDS?
(a) She trusts him.
(b) She is angry at him and wants him to stay away.
(c) She doesn't respect his methods.
(d) She is attracted to him.
6. What is Alicia doing when the door bell rings on the Tuesday she stays home from work?
(a) Working with her plants.
(b) Drinking a cup of tea.
(d) Writing next week's schedule.
7. Who is Gia DiLauro?
(a) A lawyer at the center for Children with AIDS.
(b) A doctor at the center for Children with AIDS.
(c) A volunteer at the Center for Children with AIDS.
(d) The director at the Center for Children with AIDS.
8. What does Jack purchase at a sporting goods store before first meeting Alicia?
(a) Hiking supplies.
(b) Metal pitons for rock climbing.
(c) A gun.
(d) Gloves embedded with metal.
9. What happens to the person who breaks into the Clayton House on the evening of Alicia's lunch meeting?
(a) The person is knocked unconscious and tied up.
(b) The person is threatend with death.
(c) The person escapes.
(d) The person is killed.
10. What is Jack afraid he will vomit up as he rides atop the elevator?
(a) A protein bar.
(b) Scrambled eggs and bacon.
(d) Cheese danish and coffee.
11. Why does the detective visit Alicia at her apartment on Tuesday?
(a) To ask her for more details on what happened at the Center.
(b) To ask her out on a date.
(c) To tell her the molester is threatening to sue.
(d) To show her a picture of a child.
12. Why is Alicia home, rather than at work, on a Tuesday?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She works a rotating schedule.
(c) She is always off on Tuesdays.
(d) She has taken the day off.
13. What does Alicia order for Hector when she visits him, the day after her first visit from the detective?
(a) More tests.
(b) Pain medication.
14. Why does Alicia have too much to drink on the Friday she meets with Will Matthews?
(a) She is devastated by Will's news.
(b) She wants to relax and forget about the night.
(c) She is so happy with Will's news.
(d) She and Jack play a drinking game.
15. Who is Thomas?
(a) Ronald's brother.
(b) Jack's mentor.
(c) Alicia's half-brother.
(d) Jack's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alicia suddenly go to the hospital after her Friday meeting with Will Matthews?
2. Who is Mr. Gates?
3. What was Alicia's relationship with her father before his death?
4. What does Alicia do with the fire extinguisher?
5. Who is Jorge?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)