|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Milkdud?
(a) A friend of Vicky and Gia's.
(b) A friend of Jack's.
(c) A volunteer at the Center.
(d) Someone who works with Yoshio Takita.
2. Who is Gia DiLauro?
(a) A doctor at the center for Children with AIDS.
(b) A volunteer at the Center for Children with AIDS.
(c) A lawyer at the center for Children with AIDS.
(d) The director at the Center for Children with AIDS.
3. Who is David Johns?
(a) An alias used by Jack.
(b) A caretaker.
(c) A magician.
(d) Ramirez's attorney.
4. What does Alicia order for Hector when she visits him, the day after her first visit from the detective?
(a) Pain medication.
(b) More tests.
5. Who is Jorge?
(a) A volunteer at the Center for Children with AIDS.
(b) Alicia's half-brother.
(c) A man who runs a janitorial service.
(d) The man following Sam Baker.
6. Why does Alicia begin to cry after her lawyer gets into his car in the first chapter of the book?
(a) He gives her a letter from her mother.
(b) She is happy about her settlement.
(c) His car blows up.
(d) She is upset about her settlement.
7. Who does Alicia introduce Jack to on his tour of the Center for Children with AIDS?
(a) Director Finegan Chase.
(b) Sam Baker.
8. What does Jack's father want him to do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Find a job that makes money.
(c) Move back home.
(d) Move to Florida.
9. Who is Harry Wolff?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A social worker.
(d) A bartender.
10. Why is Mr. Sung at the Victorian house on the day Jack shows it to Ramirez?
(a) To take the furntiture to auction.
(b) To care for the lawn.
(c) To make an offer.
(d) To represent the seller.
11. What is Jack afraid he will vomit up as he rides atop the elevator?
(a) Cheese danish and coffee.
(b) A protein bar.
(c) Scrambled eggs and bacon.
12. What does Jack want Jorge to do when he meets with him on the same Friday he meets with Milkdud?
(a) Take some pictures.
(b) Identify a photograph.
(c) Listen to a recording.
(d) Wear a recording device.
13. How does Jack scare away the three boys outside the bar after he and Alicia meet on Monday?
(a) By karate chopping a brick.
(b) With a gun.
(c) With a fake eye.
(d) By acting like a lunatic and screaming.
14. Where does Jack want Alicia to go with him the day after she invites Will up to her apartment?
(a) To Thomas' house.
(b) To Gordon Haffner's office.
(c) To the Clayton House.
(d) To dinner at Gia's.
15. Why does Alicia have too much to drink on the Friday she meets with Will Matthews?
(a) She is so happy with Will's news.
(b) She wants to relax and forget about the night.
(c) She and Jack play a drinking game.
(d) She is devastated by Will's news.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many floors are there in the Hand Building?
2. What is the name of Sam Baker's nephew (Karen's son)?
3. Who calls Alicia after her lunch meeting?
4. Where does Alicia go after visiting Hector on the day the toys are returned to the Center for Children with AIDS?
5. Why does Milkdud tell Jack he got rid of his dreadlocks?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)