|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the sole heir to Ronald Clayton's estate?
(a) Alicia's sister.
(b) Alicia's half-brother.
(c) Ronald's brother.
2. What does Kemel want Sam Baker to tell him about Alicia?
(a) Why she is talking to Jack.
(b) If she goes to the Clayton House.
(c) If she tries to access her trust fund.
(d) If she hires another lawyer.
3. What is stolen from the Center for Children with AIDS in the first Friday section of the book?
(d) Infant formula.
4. What happens when the Nail shoots the person who attacks him?
(a) The person dies.
(b) The person pops right back up.
(c) The person gets hit in the ear.
(d) The person's dog attacks the Nail.
5. Who is caught in the Clayton House on the evening of Alicia's lunch meeting?
(a) An arsonist.
(c) Sam Baker.
6. What does Jack do with the $15k from Mr. Sung?
(a) Keeps it in a safe in his bedroom.
(b) Puts it in an offshore account.
(c) Donates it to the Center.
(d) Puts it in an account for Vicky.
7. What does Alicia promise to the second person who visits her apartment on the day the detective visits?
(a) That she will hear him out.
(b) That she will consider his request.
(c) That she won't burn down the house.
(d) That she will watch her back.
8. What does Alicia's lawyer say to her when she first speaks to him in the novel?
(a) That he has bad news.
(b) That he is running late.
(c) That he has good news.
(d) That he forgot his umbrella.
9. What does Jack hope he can discover with Milkdud's help?
(a) The source of an illness.
(b) Who planted the bomb.
(c) The number of Thomas' bank account.
(d) Who Thomas' backers are.
10. Who works at the Center for Children with AIDS in NYC?
(d) Sam Baker.
11. What was Alicia's relationship with her father before his death?
(a) Estranged; they hadn't spoken in years.
(b) Difficult, but they were trying to get along.
(c) Loving, although they lived far apart.
(d) She was his primary caregiver.
12. Where does Alicia go after visiting Hector on the day the toys are returned to the Center for Children with AIDS?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To a radio station.
(c) To the Center for Children with AIDS.
(d) To a doctor's appointment.
13. Where does Yoshio Takita discover that Thomas Clayton goes on a regular basis?
(a) Our Lady of Perpetual Joy.
(d) St. Patrick's School for Boys.
14. What does Yoshio Takita daydream about doing on the day he follows Thomas Clayton?
(a) Writing a best seller.
(b) Retiring in the tropics.
(c) Owning a dojo.
(d) Owning a sushi bar.
15. What is the name of Sam Baker's nephew (Karen's son)?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alicia find in a hallway closet?
2. Where does Kemel want to go?
3. How many floors are there in the Hand Building?
4. Why does Milkdud tell Jack he got rid of his dreadlocks?
5. What does Alicia plan for the evening of her lunch meeting?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)